Starcraft BroodWar Registrys

R

REALSTooPID

well i bouht startcraft and starcraft:brood war a long time ago and well awhile ago i bough a laptop and tried starcraft on it...for some reason it wouldent install...but i just got a crazy idea...took all the files that it installs on my other computer, and copyied the whole directory to a CD, then copied it to my laptop...it worked! so i played for a while and grew bored.....well i went to play it again today cuz i was bored and battle.net needed to update, so i clicked ok and let it download, it came up an error saying it couldent find the registry values for starcraft:broodwar....so...could anybody do me a favor and tell me all the registry values for starcraft so i can put them in manually?

if you dont know how...
1. go to start
2. go to run
3. type regedit
4. click ok
5. Click On HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
6. Click Software
7. Click (i think it would be under 'Blizzard' or 'Starcraft')
..then tell me everything thats there..

thanks a bunch for your help!

-kodie/stoopid

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you have to update it on your other computer, reburn it, and copy it onto laptop, because this is similar to when you reinstall windows, the patch won't update, so you have to reinstall

R

REALSTooPID

nevermind...i figured out how to fix it...if anybody ever runs into this problem here ya go..

1. Go To Run.
2. Type "regedit" without the quotes
3. Go To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Right Click SOFTWARE
5. Go To New...
6. Go To Key
7. As The New Key/Folder Name Type "Blizzard Entertainment" without the quotes
8. Right Click Blizzard Entertainment
9. Go To New...
10. Go To Key
11. As The New Key/Folder Name Type "Starcraft" without the quotes
12. Right Click On The Right Blank White Area..
13. Go To New..
14. Go To String Value
15. As The New String Name Type "InstallPath" withouth the quotes
16. Right Click On InstallPath
17. Go To Modify
18. In The White Box Type The Path To Your Starcraft Folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Starcraft)
19. Click Ok
20. Close Regedit

and there ya go! Starcraft Battle.net will update with no problem and play perfectly!
:D