STARCRAFT 64

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It was meakly okay. From playing the PC Version first, then trying the console version (I was highly curious on how a Strategy Game would work on console, Starcraft especially.) I thought it might be an okay game if things were the same, and they wern't. I thought it was gay at first, but it took some time getting used to the gameplay and how to do things. I sure as hell can't compare it to the PC Version, though. ;)

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I thought it was gay as hell. I was into the PC version hardcore when I tried it. Ugh. If there had been a gun nearby, it would have been me or it.. one of us had to go. I played for about 15 minutes and turned it off. It was a waste of time, and would be a waste of money to buy, or even rent. Just my opinion though :p

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I think starcraft 64 was by far the worst game you could ever get. You need a keyboard and mouse to control the game.....it was hard as hell to do any micro.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
G37Z said:
i hated sc64...seriously strategic sc on a consol?...please
Consoles will never be strategic. Because split screens will allow you to see where your enemy is. And plan out every move to counter him. Especially in games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Consoles will never be strategic. Because split screens will allow you to see where your enemy is. And plan out every move to counter him. Especially in games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!
Oh man the good old days of golden eye. I remember playing that with my friends all night during middle school. Good times. That game still roxxorz my boxxorz.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf36 said:
Consoles will never be strategic. Because split screens will allow you to see where your enemy is. And plan out every move to counter him.
Well, they could make it online, or they could do what Doom did on console, and make it so you have to use a different television for every player :p

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Oh man the good old days of golden eye. I remember playing that with my friends all night during middle school. Good times. That game still roxxorz my boxxorz.
They haven't made a good FPS since goldeneye.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I still found it kinda funny that chairs and tables can explode (its like EXPLOSIVES EVERYWHERE). There is plenty of fun in Goldeneye.

If Enemy Rockets is on, and you run up to them. They just randomly dance and cannot fire, knowing they will blow themselves up.

The chairs and tables exploding :p

Guards couldn't shoot from above stairs or below stairs, they needed to see you directly. Perfect Dark fixed this :)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was tons of fun for me. Like someone said, it's a gateway to the real thing. It did have some nice secret missions though.

About the split screen, my brother recently theorized you could put a thin piece of cardboard on the divider and have one person sit on a high chair and the other lie on the ground. :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pan said:
They haven't made a good FPS since goldeneye.
The best part about Goldeneye was the Interrogation Center. I always stood at the stairs loading DD44 on any fool that comes thru the door.