STARCRAFT 64

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I never got to play this game...but I wanted to know(stupid question) its from the creators of blizzrd right...the ones who made other starcraft and an other question if you played it is n e good and what do u do?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Starcraft 64 is basicly Sc & BW on nintendo 64. its the exact same game with no map editor, and no internet capabilities. you can only do split screen multiplayer but seriously, splitscreen multiplayer?

starcraft 64 was rather stupid IMO, but those without a PC at the time loved it.

[Koolaid]

Reaction score
oo thx...lol split/screen thats sad...thats like giving ure vision the whole time

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Slayer777 said:
oo thx...lol split/screen thats sad...thats like giving ure vision the whole time
It was mildly fun. I mean Playing it on PC it couldn't compare.

But my friend never played PC game, so he loved it. imagine if he had a PC at that point (of course he does now, but at that time when it came out he didn't)

Biske

Reaction score
Yeah, SC64 was a gateway game to the actually thing on PC. I loved the 64 one, but then I learned that there was a PC version, and was completely blown away by it.

SilverIsaac

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow...i didnt know that it had a split screen.....
thats about the funniest thing ever, split screen SC...

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
ive played it on split its annoying as hell if you dont got a 50' tc or bigger..

Biske

Reaction score
Even then, it's too cramped. It was only useful for like, doing a 2vs6 comp with a friend or something. Totally useless for versing humans.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
There is no strategy if u just watch your friend. especialy if you can turn and knock the control from his hand. not like I ever would...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pan said:
Starcraft 64 is basicly Sc & BW on nintendo 64. its the exact same game with no map editor, and no internet capabilities. you can only do split screen multiplayer but seriously, splitscreen multiplayer?

starcraft 64 was rather stupid IMO, but those without a PC at the time loved it.
At least if you had the Expansion Pack, you get the expansion lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
At least if you had the Expansion Pack, you get the expansion lol
Clarify plz kk.

Starcraft 64 was an odd game, especialy with controllers. the game is alot harder to play with no hotkeys. it is so very frustrating.

Biske

Reaction score
It came with Brood War, but you had to own an Expansion Pak for the N64 (extra memory for the console, right?) inorder to unlock it to play, Pan.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
That god damn memory additon? it came with Donkey Kong and when I said I wanted it, I was given that whole damn game with it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pan said:
Clarify plz kk.

Starcraft 64 was an odd game, especialy with controllers. the game is alot harder to play with no hotkeys. it is so very frustrating.
I dont remember parts to the N64 anymore :(. But there was a part you removed the Jumper Pak, I think it was an Expansion Pak (get it with Dk64 or buy it). If that was installed into your N64, you got Broodwar

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember playing that game, it got shut down so fast though, it's hard to find a copy.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Thats why I bought the PC version. To make my own maps and totally own everything :)

PauseBreak

Reaction score
The ONLY good thing about SC 64 is the bonus mission, which shed much light into the world of SC.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
There is a bonus mission in the PC version too, just with Dark Archons and Mind Controlling every living being :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I loved all the different bonus gameplay modes for multiplayer. You gotta love Protoss football. And there was one where you were reincarnating Archons and Ultralisks laying waste to a Terran city. At the end of the time limit the player who did the most total damage won. It was FUN!