Starcraft 2 Truth

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
I'm tired of all this. The people over at Blizzard are NOT I REPEAT NOT working on it. They are still working no W3 and D2. Possibly when they are done that if requested enough they will make a Starcraft 2. Starcraft's new game won't be called Starcraft 2 it is another expansion for Starcraft Original. Let this be to the end of this. BTW even if they do plan to make it as they informed me, it will not be until fall 2004. Thank you

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I'm sorry to inform you that a few of your points are false and/or irrelevant. The fact that Blizzard is working on the Diablo II patch 1.10 does not hamper work on StarCraft, since that Blizzard team does not make RTS games, rather RPGs (namely, Diablo). Then there's that ridiculous comment on StarCraft II being another expansion. StarCraft: Ghost is a bridge between StarCraft and StarCraft II, so it is obvious to me that they are planning on a StarCraft II, not an expansion.. Not to mention if Blizzard stalls StarCraft II with another expansion, many, many StarCraft fans will abandon all hopes of a StarCraft II and lose faith in Blizzard. I know I would. Last of all, since StarCraft II won't be a mere expansion, there's no way it'll be finished in the same year as StarCraft: Ghost.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I read somewhere that SC: G was the end of all SC storyline.

But, however, we can always talk about it :)

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for correcting me. But it's true there is not going to be Starcraft II it will be another expansion.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. Another expansion pack would be suicide. Plus, what else is there to expand on? StarCraft: Ghost is laying the foundation for a StarCraft II story. You don't expand before, and after, another game in the series, it just doesn't make sense. That's why it's called a sequal, and hence the 'II'.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
hehe that is your opinion but it is like The Sims. There was original then it had all these expansions. They are doing the same thing here.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
The Sims didn't make expansions after releasing a third person shooter game for the next generation consoles.

guitarmonky55

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok an expansion would be a flop, as no expansion would be able to bring the graphics/gameplay up to a high enough standard to compare with games such as warcraft 3. besides that, the game would limit new customers, as ppl who didnt have the first sc couldnt buy it and a new game always generates new customers. i had never played warcraft before, but when war3 came out i bought it. i sure would not have bought war2 just to expand to it. and blizzard has a classic pattern of games. they release a game that raises the bar for the gaming industry, and then they make an expansion to keep people buying it for several years. just when every1 forgets about that game, they release a sequel that has better graphics and raises the bar again.

and sc:g is NOT sc2, as it has been mentioned by blizzard that sc:g bridges the storyline for future sc games. and they clearly state in the sc:g faq that 1) sc:g is NOT sc2, and 2) they WILL 'revisit the starcraft universe in the near future on pc'
making an expansion is not logical, and you are wrong about it. period. no argument.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
So you doubt the mail i recieved from blizzard. It is possiable and that why they are CHANGING patterns for a number of reasons. But you people can keep believing what you want. Just the fact that I have the information

greyknight517

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man rap freak you are jsut another one of those people who wanna trick us like iceravenstudios and currently the starcraft engine isn't doin so well. The game tends to lag from many things unburrowing. And there is also that crap unit limit on a map. Im pretty sure they will make a starcraft2 but in do time not an expansion u nut. Sooner or later blizzard will make a starcraft 2. starcraft is 1 of the most succesful games ever it is most likely they will make 2 or they lose a lotta customers

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
I stand with what I said I don't care that is YOUR opinion I just tried to help you guys and you think I'm bullshit so it's not my fault. Of course there will be another map to be more successful but it will not be Starcraft II

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
RapFreak, I'm afraid I can't believe you. Why? You're whole story is unlikely at best, not to mention I dislike the whole, "I have information, but I can't show you," attitude. Don't get me wrong, though. If you had this information, I wouldn't expect you to share it, but I would expect you to not flaunt it like you are now. I've seen far too many, "I work for Blizzard", "my friend works for Blizzard", etc. stories to believe you.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
LOL ya i know what you mean many of that happens to me too. But I tell you this and this now to make it clear. I DO NOT WORK FOR BLIZZARD I'm a helper mod to find out what this go under new jobs available and ask. Meanwhile you have a very strong point but the reason as u call it "flaunt"ing this information is because I want to make it clear to the newbies. And to close all this false information I see from others.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
You must realize that there will always be throngs on newbies who think this or that about StarCraft II, and all you can do is explain, with logical reasoning, why they're wrong. This does not require any knowledge gained from Blizzard through whatever fabrication you've come up with. There are other ways to do it.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
expansion... was that the punch line? and why dont you have any 'info' on new units? if you say water units... ill kick you in the face... ( virtualy) because water units would make sc unbalanced and, there is a group of people... few people who thing water units are good... im not in that group

But thats my opinon

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Water units themselves would not unbalance the game, they would just make it harder to balance. First you have to balance the air units, the ground units, and the sea units in one race, then balance them again between all the races. It would be much harder, and a side effect might be a general lack of balance to the game.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Moderator please close this forum. Since the newbies here cannot understand. There is no point for this forum.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Moderators cannot close forums.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
I Mean This Post Sorry I Made You Think Wrong

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
And, no, I won't close it. If you don't want to explain, fine, don't post here. But there's no need to close it.