Votes: 4 12.1%

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Greater than 300

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, an actually serious problem that could come up is the fact they may be adding a ton of new units. I don't want to be limited to not being able to make all the new units because they left it at 200. If worse comes to worse, I think the lowest they should make it is 300, maybe even 250, but they need to add something because it's pretty obvious there will be at least a few new unit types, and some of which I assume to be more powerful, meaning they'll require more supply per unit.

₪Zeratul₪

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzard.com
300+ pop = greater computer

greater computer = more of dad's money

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
They should just make SC2 so awesome that no one's computer is good enough to play it. Then there won't be any complaints about the game itself :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
₪Zeratul₪ said:
300+ pop = greater computer

greater computer = more of dad's money
But greater computer also increases the probability of increased grahpics, use of 3D Models, more in-game action that requires a better processor, etc. I would rather buy Sc2 and upgrade my current computer to actually play it then play it with no upgrading and have it totally blow.

zerg_slayer(IC)

Member!
Reaction score
MY idea is that they should let u set u own supply max from

100-500 normal games (eg:FFA,Comp Stomp,2V2,3V3...)
100-700 Use Map Settings

or something like that :tnt

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
there will be too much lag and disconnection shit

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
well well hmmm... of course this is the most ****ed up idea I've ever had but how great would the battles be if there was like 1000 supply and there were 1000 supply worth of hydras on one side of a river and 1000 supply worth of Ghosts on the other DAMN THAT WOULD BE SOOOO AWSOME TO WATCH especially if u were like zoomed in looking in like 1st person mode GODDAMN!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Lwek said:
What do you think the Supply max for Starcraft 2 would be?

I would like it to be atleast 200 but have it customizable for custom maps. (Example: Can change the supply max to 400 for a UMS map)
Remember - 'Most' computers will have a good enough graphic card to handle large scale battles in a few years.
Starcraft2, Starcraft 2, SC2, SCII, SC II

Yeah man, good thread, I think the deciding factor will be the gameplay type because if there are going to be units like the heroes in wc3, the supply will be low.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
i said three hundred on an instict but i think im regretting my choice

my first thought was well it should be three hundred but the units should cost more and be over all stronger

now i think it should stay two hundred (or even go lower) because that would restrict the use of money maps and some other noobish things...and SCUMS arent a problem because theres a scums limit...a max number of units the game can hold...or there can be a trigger for that

but with a lower supply the units would either have to be stronger or something so....
let the game creators figure this one out :p

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
DeathClaw said:
i said three hundred on an instict but i think im regretting my choice

my first thought was well it should be three hundred but the units should cost more and be over all stronger

now i think it should stay two hundred (or even go lower) because that would restrict the use of money maps and some other noobish things...and SCUMS arent a problem because theres a scums limit...a max number of units the game can hold...or there can be a trigger for that

but with a lower supply the units would either have to be stronger or something so....
let the game creators figure this one out :p
yeah, also if some units like the heroes in wc3 will appear, we won't be able to control 300 units and heroes. Imagine 12 battles focusing on a hero.
This is why wc3 has only 100.
but u are right, let the blizzard guys to figure it out

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Chances are, if they use an engine close to the WC one, it'll be around 150 max.

Just you know, to be safe for the barebones computers that are running on 56kAOL

L

Laharl

I use a comp with a 56k connection and I almost never lag on starcraft even when the "Cannot Create More Units" error pops up.

Hell, I know people on DSL/cable/etc that lag more than me. So don't feed me that.

Also, my comp itself is soon to be higher end. ;)

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I think he's talking more about AOL than 56k. 56k is still decent and worked fine for me and worked extra fine for my friend across the street. But AOL, its crap. Its terrible trying to play games on it. :(

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
iMike said:
Chances are, if they use an engine close to the WC one, it'll be around 150 max.

Just you know, to be safe for the barebones computers that are running on 56kAOL

The wc3 game doesn't need to have a high speed internet connection, just to be stable at a certain wavelength. It has a smart engine that uses internet connection just to process it's action and battle algorithm.

Darktekmaster

Member!
Reaction score
i think about 250(or) no limit but for 1 reason i say 250.. is becus its more of a complex game with graphics probably and also think of the lag of u got boocoo zerglings n stuff... but i say no limit because no limit definantly wuld change the tides of the game..... 200 fully uped hydras against same thing... will result in 1 hydra from 1 team with like no health prolly....but if u kno how to micro ur units ull over come him

Shaggy.2Dope

Agna Deus, Qui tollis peccata uni
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I am back, kingofzealots... hmm i think that before a creator creates a game, there should be a bar, one that has like a minimum supply of 100 all the way up to unlimited, and if u start a game on unlimited it should say, WARNING!!! PLAYING ON HIGH SUPPLY WILL GENERATE EXCESSIVE LAG IN GAMEPLAY, PLEASE PRESS CONTINUE, OR GO BACK. same with a quickmatch, just use teh fkin bar.