• Greater than 300

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
What do you think the Supply max for Starcraft 2 would be?

I would like it to be atleast 200 but have it customizable for custom maps. (Example: Can change the supply max to 400 for a UMS map)
Remember - 'Most' computers will have a good enough graphic card to handle large scale battles in a few years.
Starcraft2, Starcraft 2, SC2, SCII, SC II

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I put 300+ because I would like to see larger scale battles. If they could do it without there being lag or unit creation issues, that'd be awesome. I could just imagine a replay where it shows 400 supply hydras coming in from all sides on an almost defenseless base.. something like the BroodWar video :)

They would have to add the ability to select more than 12 units at a time if they did up the supply limit, or make it so you can have more than 10 groups, because it's bad enough already the way it is. I can barely get 200 supply mutas in groups.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i say keep it the same its fine, i can live with out large scale battles with a future setting

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
What a progressive attitude -_- I'm in love with BroodWar and I could see how the changes could help.. I think it's fine the way it is for the game it is now, but for what I'm hoping it becomes, more units would be nice :) Also, maybe new awesome units that have uber-high supply costs :D

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I want a giant walking battlemech unit for Terran that can crush buildings just by walking on them.. for like 100 supply. If they made heroes like that, where they cost a lot, took huge resources, and an unbelievable amount of supply, I would enjoy heroes very much :) Just imagine something that takes up half the screen coming at your base, just trampling over everything ^_^ I want there to be heroes like that.. monstrously huge.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
for some reason i remebr this post someware

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I remember it too.. I'm reading it right now.

Shaniac

Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
I want a giant walking battlemech unit for Terran that can crush buildings just by walking on them.. for like 100 supply. If they made heroes like that, where they cost a lot, took huge resources, and an unbelievable amount of supply, I would enjoy heroes very much :) Just imagine something that takes up half the screen coming at your base, just trampling over everything ^_^ I want there to be heroes like that.. monstrously huge.

then it would take a building at least 2x the cost and size

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
No, you construct each piece for it at a different building, and once you have them all made, your SCVs put them together. Or something :p

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I think we are going to have to wait for a starcraft 3 too really care about a supply max. Since starcraft 2 is a first person shooter with a girl as a main character *cries in corner*
*leaves Thread*

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
The StarCraft series progresses as follows:

StarCraft
BroodWar
StarCraft: Ghost
StarCraft 2

not exactly the same thing :) (Note: obviously I only listed official Blizzard releases)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wouldn't this thread's number values depend on the actual game values for unit food costs? Since we don't know them, we can;t even make a fair guess on how much we actually should have. :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Creating a Zergling
-
.5 supply.

Creating a Mutalisk
-
2 supply.

Creating a Giant Bohemoth that takes up half the screen
-
100 supply.

Feeding your Zergling and Mutalisk to your Giant Behemoth to give it a taste of blood so it goes berserk and ravenously sweeps through an opposing Terran base with great prejudice
-
Priceless.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Guessing a Giant Behemoth is a Ultralisk. But seriously, if the values as they are in starcraft, 200 again. I'm used to that and if the old values were still there I would p[refer to have thje old limit opposed to a new one, unless of course we had new units, which is likely, then maybe 250 or so to compensate for all the new bugs I would have in my Zerg Army. :)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
No, a Giant Behemoth will be a maggot-like creature, except take up half the screen. It can move while it's burrowed too, and makes huge ass holes when it does.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
It's a cross between a maggot and Godzilla.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sounds like RoaCh. :(

Heres a thought. Maybe you could choose it for online games, and custom games. Like, it would have 100, 150, 200, 250, etc and it would go up to say 400. Now the game creator could choose this number wat will, or maybe even a odd numer like 136 or 342 or something. This way, people who want a certain number can have it, and if other people don't like it, they don;t exactly have to play since they can just make theit own game and set their own number. I wouldn't mind, since it would help me manage my units better if I had lower numbers to keep track of. :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Protoss need an Energy Nova.. it's an archon-like unit, except it takes up half the screen. Its attacks do splash still, except its hits just kill everything instantly like a giant nuclear explosion every time it attacks. That'd be hawt for Protoss.