Spore

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Seriously, by the time this game comes out, people are gonna be like "sporewho? what the **** wasn't this game supposed to come out years ago?"

Or it will just be pushed back indefinatly, ala Duke Nukem Forever.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If it ever makes it to market, I doubt it will live up to the hype. Games that are constantly pushed back never seem to turn out as everyone wishes for them.
Usually they do much better than games with set dates that get realeased early.

Look at Half-Life 2 as an example, it's great, and it was pushed back many times.

I'm glad they're taking their time to make a quality game.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Then look at Prey, which started development in like 95/96. A decade later it is finally released and it wasn't all that great despite being pushed back and constantly being improved upon.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Then look at Prey, which started development in like 95/96. A decade later it is finally released and it wasn't all that great despite being pushed back and constantly being improved upon.
I wouldn't say Prey was that bad, but honestly just look at EA if you want to see what rushed, bad, games look like.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I agree rushed games are terrible, and yeah good games are pushed back, but Prey was by most accounts a disappointment, despite such a long development period. It wasn't a terrible game, but it wasn't a Half-life 2. I think a game like Starcraft Ghost or Duke Nuke em' Forever were ever to be released now after so many year there is no way it will ever live up to any expectations anyone had for it.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest I've been a Duke Nuke'em fan since about day 89. But That game will not be a block buster, it will be a pleasurable experience for the Duke Fans and possibly bring some of the newer younger gamers who didn't get to play for the PC or the later N64 versions (the second Duke Nuke'em for N64 sucked though)

But alas... Spore is not just some game. It is a Completely new type of game. Revamping what we think makes a game fun. Planetary conquest doesn't come easy, especially being able to put other people's planets into your game via a funny loading system(granted once you land on another's planet it is all AI controlled).

The fact is that Playing God doesn't just happen... You have to wait for it.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well Blizzard could have released SC: Ghost, but apparently it wasn't up to their standards so they didn't.

Also, it would be nice to kick ass and chew bubble gum again.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does nobody else miss the first red alert?

LIGHT years ahead of the second one, imo.