Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
who cares they ned to start having more sc updates since wc3 is being a pain. i see lke all over the place with newer and nweer units but sc is like gone

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Starcraft should be 2D b/c SC looks much better wit 2D.
And almost everyone in the world are still ejoying Starcraft. People like me, I hate Warcraft III so if Starcraft is going to be 3D, I won't play it. some of us don't have that good computer. that's another problem. My computer is 1yr old but It doesn't have that good Video Card. Just imagine how many people'd play SC if it was 3D. My answer is only Warcraft III lovers'll play it.

Simon_The_Wise

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.internationalgames.tk
So a game that people have been playing for years and years on end, will become ultimately unplayed?....wait you know what that means.....less n00bs......yey!!

If this is a matter that you all will stop playing starcraft, if it comes out in 3d, you people are plain ridiculoous

it looks much better 3D? have you seen ghost

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Simon_The_Wise
So a game that people have been playing for years and years on end, will become ultimately unplayed?....wait you know what that means.....less n00bs......yey!!

If this is a matter that you all will stop playing starcraft, if it comes out in 3d, you people are plain ridiculoous

it looks much better 3D? have you seen ghost
I agree with this. 2d is incredibly old. It is outdated. It is just plain....unsatisfying. Starcraft was good for its time but it doesn't live up to the games of today. Generals is proof of that. Although it is the laggiest game ever made it has the best graphics of any RTS. Blizzard will figure out a balance between laggy and 3d.

SC2 is going to be awesome, and I would buy it even if it was 2d. But many people wouldn't....that is what people don't understand here. Blizzard counts on people that don't even know about starcraft buying it. And when games like generals are stacked next to it, they will go for the better looking game. It is human nature. And maybe just maybe, blizzard will actually put the system specs higher than 500 Mhz! I would be happy if you couldn't play the game if you didn't have a 1 GHz comp. That would reduce the lag ten fold.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by evilfrog331
how about they just make it so u can switch between 3d or 2d to ur liking :)
Sounds like a good idea, but that would take up too much space. The reason is because you would have to have both 2d and 3d images,animations, etc for every unit. That would double the size of the game and I don't think it would be economic.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2D!!! they made war3 3d and i cant stand it! its so annoying! 2d is easy to keep your people organized and its easy to micro. with so many 3d people shaped they look all blocky and stupid like in war3. sure, war2 may have looked cartoony but sc doesnt. kep 2d and save 3d for fps and other non rts games!

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
2D

I'm sorry but SC is for rushing and If you get 400 Zerglings against another 400 Zerglings... it'll be pretty damn laggy in 3d. even with a GeForce 4... i think...

2D is the way to go, unless they make heroes and... make... the... food... limit........... 100... :(

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
2D!!! they made war3 3d and i cant stand it! its so annoying! 2d is easy to keep your people organized and its easy to micro. with so many 3d people shaped they look all blocky and stupid like in war3. sure, war2 may have looked cartoony but sc doesnt. kep 2d and save 3d for fps and other non rts games!
In video settings, turn the Model Detail up, and while you are at it turn everything up. I have my game running on high, and it causes no problems and it looks crisp and just overall great. No lag either. Now I would understand with 200 units it might get laggy, at least WC3 would. Blizzard will figure out a way to optimize SC2 and make it 3d at the same time. I am not sure how but they will. And I hate to say this but if they can't figure out how to fix it, they will either do one of three things:

1. Make it like WC3 with slower units and larger attack, more hitpoints ect. (which I think is unlikely)
2. Change it around like they did with WC3 but with a SC feel.
3. Or not even make it.

Lets hope it doesn't get to stage three.