Votes: 7 58.3%
  • 3D

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
i think it should still be 2d because when the stracraft becomes 3d it's gameplay would be 'slower' just like WC3.and besides.Starcraft in 2d looks nice:D

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
as cort would say 2D

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I want it to be 2d on gameplay and 3d on cinematics.

But Blizzard will most likely make it 3d when they start making SC2.

morphs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I prefer that it be 2D. I like the feel of StarCraft in 2D. WarCraft may have been made to be in the 3D world, but StarCraft is for the 2D one.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I think 2d better is best. People enjoy the 2d world. If your go ahead and throw them into a 3d enviroment, blizzard will have gotten rid of some of the feel of starcraft. PLus, its so much more fun 2d, and its all oldschool and stuff. Just needs to improvd the graphics, game play, make it more innovative, and with alot more options and ways of playing. Keep it 2d tho.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Tell Blizzard to make a 2 disc set. One for 2d and the other for 3d. You can choose to install one or the other.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Realisim? Your fighting space bugs, a higher beings, and god knows what else blizzard will throw in. Where's the realisim in that. :smile:

SuperiorNewbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My God how can you people be arguing about this obvious topic? 3-D is the way of the future and it is not so bad strategicly once you have a good comp and good resolution. When you get to 1024*800 you can see a lot of units. It is 3-d because after warcraft III you can see the SCII units in 3-d and they look mad nice. What they should do though is make two modes like in Diablo II LoD, two different resolutions. Sucky comp like my Celeron with no graphic card can use a low resolution while my future Pentium V comp with Radeon 1000000 can use the good resolution

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think it should stay 2d.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Go 3D, cuz by the time SC2 comes out (blizzard takes forever) you probably have a "nicer" computer but then again, 2D is fine...

Cinematics 2D, thats stupid, who would even suggest they might even do that...

oh by the way, i think WC3 doesnt necessarily have bad graphics but those guys they are too colorful and look like blobs, too colorful, man Age of Mythology and Command and Conqueor looks more realistic. at least they don't look colorful and "gayish"

(my opinion)

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I want it for 3d because Starcraft is in the future and everything and seeing a BC or carrier in 3d will be sweeet. I root for 3d all the way, if your comp cant handle thats your problem not blizzard's.

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Of course it would be the best but you really think that much memory is gonna fit on a compact computer disc! That is the last thing Blizzard is thinking about.

KaosWarrior

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, if its not gonna be out till like 2007-2008 or something then of course it should be 3D, computers and graphics are advancing very fast ya know. but it does depend HOW they do it, for SC 2 it would have to be done exactly right for it to fit in with SC/BW.
But hey, i dont really care too much about graphics, hell i'd play it if it was 256's colours. its not the graphics that are important, its the gameplay, ofcourse the graphics set that up in a way but the more pixely the graphics, the easier to get it right. anyway, i just wanna see what happens in it.