SHOULD....I....GET....A...PSP.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Not to mention the movies are a good 20-30$ instead of 10-20$. PSP as a DVD player is retarded. PSP as a portable music device is retarded. PSP as a handheld is..well, almost retarded. I'm telling ya man, nothing beats a good ole GBA.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Samsara said:
You could buy WoW and a year subscription to it with that much money. Now would you have the best game in the universe or a clunky portable with many flaws?
except WOW sucks jsut as bad. at least on the psps you don't have to pay to play online.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm looking at the line-up for the PSP, and I haven't seen a game I want just yet. I will be considering it in the future, I'm sure, as I do hope the PSP does at least mediocre. As it's going now, it's getting flat-out embarassed by the DS, which has superior games and sales to show for it.

I'd never buy the PSP for the MP3 capabilities nor video as it's video quality...is sub-par, and I can buy a portable DVD player with a far larger screen for a nice price ($300 for 8" and all-region). Besides, I can buy a $50 attachment (plus probably $25 for international shipping) to do everything the PSP does on the DS for a lower price :p

I'm looking at the SquarEnix's announced Final Fantasy for the PSP. I'm not sure if I like it, yet, but it may be the game that gets me into it. I'm just more interested in FF:CC and III for the DS :ninja:

I've heard rumors that the PSP may well be both improved and less expensive come Christmas of this year. That may only be in Japan, however, and we be forced to wait a few months. I'd wait until second or third generation, at least, and I'd do market research on games and price long before even considering it. Let's face it, Sony first generation is junk.

Improvements happen, I'm looking at this system for actual purchase. Until then, I'm happy with my NGC, NDS, GBA, and PS2 (not to mention my PC, but it's system specifications stink).

Death Dealer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
comparing the psp to the ds, i actually like the ds a bit better so far even, not talking about game selection though, ive never liked nintendos selection of games after hte super nintendo, but then when they were out i was a kid and all the contoony games they have were my favourite, now i like more realistic games, maybe thats why i dont have any nintendo consoles anymore, well anyway the ds' touchscreen is a really cool feature, practical......well maybe not as much but still pretty cool, ive never actualyl seen a psp outside of the box yet, its pretty funny cuz, here at the local store, they said the first 25 consoles sold came with everything else at no cost, it took them over 5 hours to sell that many, im hoping the psp gets better now that ive heard waht yousd all ahve said about it, or ill have to see for myself, about the travelling, i agree, thats the only time it would be used, walking down the road you wouldnt need it or any other time, but hey some people are into handhelds more than others i guess

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
ur asking in the wrong place cause if u ask in the playstation forum if u should get a psp then of course everybody going 2 say yes get one. but just wait for better games 2 come before u make up ur mind cause the selection for both handheld is slim.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
250$ is way too much,i mean.... the memory sticks are more then the psp itself,so if u want to store music,or (i)legally install games on your psp,your going to spend about 500$ , i think 1 gig mem sticks are like 200$-250$...

with 500$ i can buy alot.......

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My advice is simple. Never buy first-generation Sony products. I'm perfectly happy with my secone-generation PS2 that I bought used. I don't have to alter it just to make it work properly.

You wait and watch the library evolve with the PSP. Why? Ever heard of WonderSwan? How about the Sega handheld? Oh! Here's a good one. What do you remember about the N-Gage? Don't listen to fanboys. You should listen to the people willing to own any and all consoles for the games they have available rather than name.

I own the GameCube and PS2, and I'm tempted to buy the X-Box after the 360 comes out (due to massive price drop of console and games) because there are somewhere between 3 and 5 titles that I am interested in.

I own the DS and GBA-SP, and I'm willing to buy the PSP if I ever see a game I'm interested in, they work out the Pixel problem, and the price is dropped.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Jim Morrison said:
250$ is way too much,i mean.... the memory sticks are more then the psp itself,so if u want to store music,or (i)legally install games on your psp,your going to spend about 500$ , i think 1 gig mem sticks are like 200$-250$...

with 500$ i can buy alot.......
Err...1gig sticks don't cost that much, they're only about $120-$180. and besides, a 1GB stick is too much. 256MB i think will do.

Like bam said, wait for a price drop and more reliable hardware. but i think Sony fixes dead pixel problems now.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
And you can get a 1 gig minidisk for 11 bucks.

1 gig is not alot of space, why do the memory cards cost so much?

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
No dont because they cant play PS2 games but if its free take it
A)They suck
B)DS OWNZ
C)Go get a life away from video games.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Anatomy of Vice, GBA still owns the portable section of gaming.

septoiD2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3forums.net
I agree. GBA is my main portable gaming system. Long car rides, vacations, anything, nothing beats the GBA.