Scout vs awp

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I prefer the scout because:
- You can't be called an awp whore. Calling someone a 'scout whore' is funny.
- It is silent. Unless they hack, you are usually undetectable
- It costs less; you can afford kevlar and a better pistol (not an issue for me though. I prefer the USP or SIG, which are cheap)
- Pulling a second shot off takes more skill, which makes me better

But I don't really snipe much. I will, however, buy the semi-auto sniper ones if I have over 10k, and use it like a shotgun :p

MaJiKaL NoOb

Reaction score
Scout

I prefer the Scout over the AWP. Both of them have their benefits, the Scout, is silent, quick, but if you suck with it, you will need to hide, and take another shot at them. The AWP on the other hand, it is stong, lethal, but you move slow with it. I geuss it comes down to this...do you like camping with your sniper rifle? I know I don't that's why I take the scout.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I like the awp...no matter how much you like one sniper it all comes down to how you aim...2 snipers with the same skill, the awp would win... unless the scouter gets a headshot. but still, the awp has a better chance...

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
The problem is that could go either way. You can't fix it like that. Depends on who gets shot first or who can get the best shot. I say scout.

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
I definately belive that if i had to choose, id go for the Scout. This would be so just becuase of the fact that it takes more skill. The AWP is instant gratification, as the scout takes skill to kill someone with, you tend to feel better, and you slowly get ore skill with it. But if i had to choose, id go with PSG-1 >=D

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
I love this topic, Heres what i say.

ive practiced with the scout for about a year, only using the AWP only about 10 times this year.(2004) iF your just good with that weapon, and know how to use it, its ure deadliest weap. While for the AWP, you still need skills, so no matter what u use, its all the same for a first time user, you suck with it.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
AWP because with scout, by the time i shoot once im dead by the 2nd... :(

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Scout, I almost always use a scout if I can, although I'll AWP ocassionally.

I just like to think it takes more skill to Scout, and by doing so I become a better player, and I always seem to kill more using the scout.

-Frank :cool:

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
depends some days my scouts just don't land anything... other days... it's hs every time. AWP however... you always land a shot.

magic_mushrooms

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree with most of you. I tend to awp more,mainly because it kills them faster.(haha) Its a good gun when you want to pick someone out of no where,and it makes them angry. The awp good against rushers,scout is when your trying to go have gun fight with a person 1v1. Because whenever i scout,i die because i waste all those shots trying to hit 1 person (probably because i suck) then someone out of nowhere comes and kills me :(

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Awp, slower fire rate=need more skill incase you miss...

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Not necessarily... it just means that you should probably have cover nearby, which is the same case for any weapon that you need to reload. I prefer the scout over the AWP simply because I like having the ability to move around with my weapon. I don't like the slow speed of the AWP.