Scout posts?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Alright that is dumb. The reason being that scout posts allow you to see what the enemy is doing. Then you can adjust your strategy accordingly. Like if I sent a shade to your base or something like that, then I can easily get fiends and aboms and decimate that strategy. Fiends would web you, and aboms would take the archer hits.
Plus, I could easily bring gargs to force you to dismount and kill your hippogryphs and archers more effectively. You need to think about more on hte units side then sometimes with the heroes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Although off topic, Hippo riders can be easily destroyed easily, sometimes even forcing them to dismount works.

Scout posts make it easier to see your opponent. Get there if you are human with mass teleport. And if you lose your base, they have to fan out all over the place looking for the farm (sometimes finding it, other times; losing thier last structure before farm is destroyed).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
hipporiders = lame.
i've seen good players get them only once, but the game was on a stupid map, and it was hippos x chippos, guess who won ^^....
hippos arent so bad, you'd be surprised to see how many orcs I beat with mass hippo riders in my old acc lol

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion the best scout resource is the UD shade.I saw this guy once on a replay (in a tournament) who built a sacrifical pit, made a shade and than unsomoned it , and after that he used patrol with shift to see all the gold mines that his opponent had entangled.
On a map like gnoll wood I think this strategy helps alot , because there are many gold mines to guard.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
hippos arent so bad, you'd be surprised to see how many orcs I beat with mass hippo riders in my old acc lol
I took down an army of chimeras and destroyers using 3/2 Hippos many times. I even get called noobs by the sore losers.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
raiders plz?
gg hippos, as the unmounting will make them more useless then they already are... unless you're fighting air... then UNMOUNTED hippos just... pwn.
still i've been beaten sometimes by hipporiders, but only in FFA games.
(totally off topic)

for the scout post... just spread wisps around, best scout ever =p

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
raiders plz?
gg hippos, as the unmounting will make them more useless then they already are... unless you're fighting air... then UNMOUNTED hippos just... pwn.
still i've been beaten sometimes by hipporiders, but only in FFA games.
(totally off topic)

for the scout post... just spread wisps around, best scout ever =p
I know about raiders, almost beat me to it, thats why theres 2 mgs and Kotg annoying the shit out of the orc in his front, and some bears lol

costs alot, just micro well, send all hippos above the tree when you even see raider, and make some sieges to enemy's base,

and god, you by saying "raiders plz?" sounds like 7 year old being an ass :frustrate stop it plz?

and I dont even use this strat anymore, it costs too much money and risks :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Just remember that Raiders have medium armor, and the mgs attack slow. You are possibly going to need hunts that will be unharmed by raider swords (since in a duel, they both do increased damage to each other).

Dream_walker said:
just to ask but why would you make outposts in the first place? it is a waste of time to me, hehe. by the time you have your outposts up i will arrive with some hippo riders and shoot your ass. then finish you off by entangling you in my roots with my kotg
That is a great idea, coming from the fact you cost us a game trying to kill mass archers using nothing but hippo riders.

SirYarrick

Reaction score
in my opinion if ur orc just get fs and do spirit wolves and scout with them or do taht farm thing and mass tele with human as was mentioned earlier other than that I cant see anypoint to some of the othjers mind u my total lv if I add my account toghether is something like 32 lv 9 orc player lv 11 Ne player lv 4 human and then lv 8 undead

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
What is a hippo? (cue laughter)
Its an animal!

Warcraft: Its is a half deer half bird monster that flies and only has a melee attack against air. It does ok damage, and its one of the fastest flying units in the game. Later you can mount archers on them, to increase thier hp, resistance to siege, and allow them to attack any target.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
best scout is the lil birds the huntresses carry... GO OWLS GO!!

plant a couple of those in some trees around thier base :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I good way to see waht someone is up to besides Owls are Hippos themselves. They move Very Fast and can stay within trees and still give you sight.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Gyros are faster. Another example of how Gyrocopters/Flying machines is/are/was and always will be the greatest unit in all of Warcraft.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Gyros pwn against piercing air, but I am not so sure about Magic air unless you have Flak, 3/3 weapons, maybe Devotion and a hefty amount of them. Also called the "Bee Swarm".

I_am_noob

Member!
Reaction score
Easy , easy . Why dont we try to use flare ? mortar can have this ability , very cheap and fast , too . Just 120 second cool down. He he , With 3-4 mortar , we can discover the map .Is that easy ?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
YEs, or you could cloak fast moving units and move around with them. I prefer scouting by surpise > scouting by spell.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Its an animal!

It does ok damage, and its one of the fastest flying units in the game. Later you can mount archers on them, to increase thier hp, resistance to siege, and allow them to attack any target.
It is the second best unit against air after the UD gargoyle. Archer mounting is used only for town hall harassing.

About the scout post is easy:
HM: farms and maybe criters against noobs
UD: shade and skelies
NE: wisps all over the map, huntress owls, and owl scout
OC: sentry wards, wind walk

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
It is the second best unit against air after the UD gargoyle. Archer mounting is used only for town hall harassing.

About the scout post is easy:
HM: farms and maybe criters against noobs
UD: shade and skelies
NE: wisps all over the map, huntress owls, and owl scout
OC: sentry wards, wind walk
HU: Invisible Knight