Scout posts?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
have you ever built scout posts? with hu/ne/ud(when applicable)/orc, build 2 or 3 towers and send a few units over to guard the area?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
umm no. its a waste of time and money, and provides no strategic advantage.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
you can do that with human farm, and use archmage's masss teleport on it later.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I use a unit. Since I was always orc or human... I use a Flying Machine, Batrider, Spirit Wolf or a Sentry Ward.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If it was a mechanical critter or a footmen under invisibility :)

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes but a mecahnical critter doesnt shoot...that was the point of the whole tower thing....make a couple next to his base and you will have a good advantage....maybe expand from there...like build a shop

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
yes but a mecahnical critter doesnt shoot...that was the point of the whole tower thing....make a couple next to his base and you will have a good advantage....maybe expand from there...like build a shop
too much resources, just hide farms, they're small and cheap anyways.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
Yeah, but no one really expects the mechanical critter, unless they are smart players. If I want to hit and run via mass teleport, I would cloak a footman or a fast moving unit and teleport on him.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, but no one really expects the mechanical critter, unless they are smart players. If I want to hit and run via mass teleport, I would cloak a footman or a fast moving unit and teleport on him.
everyone kills critters....

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
you can do that with human farm, and use archmage's masss teleport on it later.
Yup:)

Farms have greater sight range than scout towers. Thats one reason they are built instead of towers. Useful for mass teleport, against orc tower rush or just viewing an area close to him. When he attacks it you know where he is and what units he has etc.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
everyone kills critters....
But no one expects the invisible unit, muhahahah!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
But no one expects the invisible unit, muhahahah!
if you do that to my base, you probly woulnt get out alive :fwink

its great strategy, I have to agree, but if I just use townportal and block you, you wont have any choice but to either die or burn TP.

it doesnt work well with UD either, most UDs (well.. I would) get alot of towers.

Doesnt work for HU, they have tower with the invisible thigny (sentry..? dunno the name)

maybe it will work for orc, probly most effective, just kill their burrows then burn tp :wasted

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or if you were Night Elf and I tried to escape you can try this method that got my KOTG two levels. When I am preparing to cast Mass Teleport, you can break it like any channel, usually I prefer with Entangling Roots and I die.

Then you can say something like "You are not going anywhere" and I get pissed. But that depends where I teleport as well. It would be suicide mting into the heart of your base. I prefer the outskirts better :).

Its called Magic Sentry, and I can't believe you complimented me on a strategy this time :D. Easiest on Orc and NE, hard on Humans (ms) and Undead (if you have a shade at your base which is highely unlikely.

To defend it as orc, I usually leave 1 or 2 sentry wards around my perimeter. It may cost me 50 mana, but at least I can see coloured dots coming and quickly stop them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
no one really makes any sentry wards in their base when they're orc... at least low lvls around like 30 or 20 anyways..

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont know but my ways of scouting is something Insomnia does , especially vs elf- some foots harassing the elf base- some wisps. Multiple actions like creeping and attacking. The elf may kill 1-2 foots that i send. But he should be close. Imagine gnoll wood -why would he return for 2 units while im creeping ? Ok I'll move the units away and he loses time and when he gets lvl 3 + (dh or any hero) 1 footman doesnt make him great experience.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That footman would only get him like - that much of experience added to his bar. Scouting and harassing early can help turn the tides of battle. Just don't drop from your strategy or he could perform the same thing on you :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
panicing or dropping strategies usually end up defeat for me...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That can be a key downfall in any game, stick to a strategy that works best and change when there is an emergency.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
just to ask but why would you make outposts in the first place? it is a waste of time to me, hehe. by the time you have your outposts up i will arrive with some hippo riders and shoot your ass. then finish you off by entangling you in my roots with my kotg :).