SC Clan Graphic (Please look)

Infernius

Reaction score
Website
www.insanedesignz.2webh.com
My friend is kissin' ass majorly with Clan Blizz for Star Craft: Brood War, so he asked me this favor. It isn't anywhere near what my GFX skills are, partly because he annoyed me to no end, and because it wasn't something I was interested in (at the time).

But he insisted on me putting the two graphics up on a forum to get them rated and critiqued, so here they are.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/6468398/ <That one is just Starcraft.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/6468455/ <That one consists of Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo. (The blending is a little weak in some points, I know...)

So please rate them in this topic and give some comments/constructive criticism, thanks in advance.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Firstly, this should be in the rate RATE-A-PIC section but other than than welcome to BF and enjoy your stay. I will now begin to rate your pictures.

First picture: 7/10
If it's a starcraft clan only then this picture is clearly the more suitable. The font on the top writing matches the exploding creature thingi in the middle well. The bottom font (I think) is the same font that is actually on the box, the letters suit, it's like writing in bone. The more transparent pictures surrounding the main eye catcher fill in the empty gaps that are found in most amatuer pictures. I'm getting tired of rating pictures so I am just rambling..

Second picture: 6/10 I think you stick to the starcraft theme, which the clan is obviously based on. The 3 faces were well chosen, they seem to be all grim and evil looking, like the dull brown background. I like it...... just not quite as much as the other picture.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
1) 0/10 - He added text to an already known SC pic.

2) 5/10 - The BG is half way decent, and the blending is horrid.

Infernius

Reaction score
Website
1) Do you know anything about graphics? Okay, I took that Starcraft pic, put a Clouds>Radial Blur layer over it, and blended them. Then I took a pic of the Terran Medic and blended it, and another pic and blended it.
2) The second one, its a style called grunge, the bg is supposed to be dark and nasty.
3) These only took me 5-7 minutes total, as my friend bugs me a lot and I didnt feel the need to make awesome works.

I could probably own anybody here in graphics, if you seen some of my real work you would know that.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, the first one isn't really that good.. :/

I like the grunge background on the 2nd one, but those blended pictures ruin it.

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think you like making graphics with people having problems with there flesh lol(on deviantart)
I didnt see anything wrong with the clan graphics... at least I dont have a reason to critisize them o.0

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Infernius
1) Do you know anything about graphics? Okay, I took that Starcraft pic, put a Clouds>Radial Blur layer over it, and blended them. Then I took a pic of the Terran Medic and blended it, and another pic and blended it.

Yes he does.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I thought they were both decently blended, the second better than the first. I think the second one had some opacity problems with the SC chick in the bottom left hand corner, but other than that...not bad.

And I will see if I can't get this put in Rate-A-Pic...our mods seem to be on leave

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
... you do know those do suck right?

I mean, you seem to be good in GFX from what I see in deviant, but those posters... they arent as good as they seem to be compared to your other works =/

7/10 for both, I hope you can spend more time and effor on it and get 1337 looking poster tho.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Both images are shitty, simplistic, and overall not worthy of a score. best way to improve is a simple file < new

2nd, i went to your deviation, and i must say i am unimpressed. Its all simplistic manip that isnt hard AT ALL to do.

Infernius

Reaction score
Website
Originally posted by Akule
Both images are shitty, simplistic, and overall not worthy of a score. best way to improve is a simple file < new

2nd, i went to your deviation, and i must say i am unimpressed. Its all simplistic manip that isnt hard AT ALL to do.
I will again, say this again: I didn't try hard at all on these two pieces. And you were unimpressed, thats fine; but Manips, they aren't hard at all to do? Okay, keep telling yourself that. But maybe if you knew how to do Manips the right way (i.e concepts instead of just cracks and holes with no meaning) then I wouldn't be so angered at your very uncalled-for post.

Maegtellumaion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think those are both pretty good...and the deviant stuff is awesome. I'm no photoshop guru but those look pretty good, especially for stuff thrown together.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
I will again, say this again: I didn't try hard at all on these two pieces. And you were unimpressed, thats fine; but Manips, they aren't hard at all to do? Okay, keep telling yourself that. But maybe if you knew how to do Manips the right way (i.e concepts instead of just cracks and holes with no meaning) then I wouldn't be so angered at your very uncalled-for post.

This is rate a pic. No comment is uncalled for. i was rating your pic to my knowledge of graphics. Dont try and tell me that your crappy images are good, decent, or even anywhere NEAR something i would consider to be higher than a 7

And you cannot judge me. You havent seen my work, and you havent seen anything i have done. This makes you look like more of a moron, i mean you say "maybe if you knew how to do Manips the right way " and yet you've never seen anything i have created.

Infernius

Reaction score
Website
Okay, show me then. You're opinion counts in everyway I guess, but what was uncalled for is the manner in which you said it.

Best thing that can be done is for me to see some of your work, but if you dont want to show me that is fine.

Honestly, manipulations are hard to do in most incidences, so where you come up with that they arent blows me away. You might not know the true meaning of Graphics and Art as a whole. That might be just my biased opinion of your actions thusfar...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
*reads the BattleForums.com rulebook*

QUIT FLAMING!!!

Jesus...R-A-P has been worse than the asylum lately...

UnforgivinAngel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
2) The second one, its a style called grunge, the bg is supposed to be dark and nasty.
3) These only took me 5-7 minutes total, as my friend bugs me a lot and I didnt feel the need to make awesome works.

I could probably own anybody here in graphics, if you seen some of my real work you would know that.
LMAO dosnt viz know graphics LOL, grestest laugh of year.

P.S. YOUR IMAGES SUCK ASS.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I'll just refrain from coming in here...it doesn't matter anyway.

There is a thing called constructive critisizm that some of you guys have failed to claim the concept of. I'll leave this thread with those regards...