Roc > TFT

sk8nbiker321

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wats soo dif from ROC from TFT im thinking of buying it but if its no good them im not wasting the money:wavey

GsVi-Miles

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'm not very good on all the little details and all but each race has a new hero and all races can build a building where you can buy stuff from so its like your own personal shop,they all got new things you can research and new units like ne has Mountain Giants big ass things that can pick up trees and use em as weapons and theres new neutral buildings where you can hire heroes and transports ship (boats) if u want i can go into more detail for a specific race

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its allot better trust me on that. much better music and the campaign is so good and sometimes funny ^^ . i loved it ! especially ud 1

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by sk8nbiker321
wats soo dif from ROC from TFT im thinking of buying it but if its no good them im not wasting the money:wavey
What you just said might be an understatement. The game is much different. It adds a whole new twist on Warcraft 3. Here are a list of some notable changes:

1. Items have become more useful and readily available at buildable shops within your base.

2. An additional hero for each race and 6 or so new neutral heros.

3. Food limit increased to 100.

4. Heros can only gain experience from creeps until they get to level 5. Once they reach level 5 no more experience is awarded for creeping.

5. 2 new units for each race (one being anti-caster, another being a strengthening unit that helps cover up the weaknesses in each race).

6. Wands of Negation removed.

7. Everything costs about 10-20% less.

8. Upkeep levels have been raised by 10 food respectively.

9. All features added by the 1.10 ROC patch.

10. And most important of all, it is more fun than ROC.

Because of these changes the game's strategies have changed a lot. It will take some getting used to but I think it is worth it. Blizzard really made this game a lot different than ROC. They made casters not as powerful (even though bloodlust still can cause problems). It still has an ROC feel but the game is more like an RTS now. You must buid your force, get a variety of units, expand and protect your expansions. Before, in ROC you would just creep until your heros were at level 6-8 and then attack. In ROC whoever creeped more would win, this is not always so in TFT.

I would recommend getting this game, believe me it is worth it.:D

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but they *uck out the orc campain its a disspointment but the orc campain is the bonus in which you get 1 campian but to good thing is you can download more for FREE. But it not out yet.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You left out the upgrade for town halls were increased personaly ****ing any and most techers

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I mentioned some of my 10 most noticable upgrades.

But yes that has been changed too. That is because blizzard wanted people to actually dwell on the first tier for longer than: "I have enough money!"

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hmm, But you said as number ten it is more fun. that is an opinnion is it not? Many people find ROC funner because you can tech. if you find it funner, doesnt mean it is an upgrade

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I just thought of that now. I shouldn't have put that in there since it wasn't really a fact. It is only my opinion. However....I do believe that TFT is still fun even though Teching has been nerfed. I often despise teching because I hate it when someone comes in with 8 siege tanks (ROC) and destroys my base even though I had better heros than him. It was too easy in ROC, but that has been fixed.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
I just thought of that now. I shouldn't have put that in there since it wasn't really a fact. It is only my opinion. However....I do believe that TFT is still fun even though Teching has been nerfed. I often despise teching because I hate it when someone comes in with 8 siege tanks (ROC) and destroys my base even though I had better heros than him. It was too easy in ROC, but that has been fixed.
that is whyy you need to scout. Tanks really suck, you need to counter units like that. heros mean nothing.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
In ROC heros meaned quite a bit. The reason was once you got them to higher levels they were usually unstoppable. With TFT there is a barrier to creeping experience. I have to admit though, that was back when I didn't scout as much. I actually did scout the guy eventually (hopefully to kill him off), but it turns out he had towers everywhere and I couldn't get near him. By that time it was too late.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That hero exp thing was a relief after you could triple hero creep and get up to 6/6/6 in record time. Man I hated that happening.

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its not as great as i thought it would be:( i would say burrow it from a friend if they have it, if not well then u decide. i got it awhile ago and its good but not as good as i thought:(
(i suck on FT lol )

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
That hero exp thing was a relief after you could triple hero creep and get up to 6/6/6 in record time. Man I hated that happening.
Ya that did suck.

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well if u want a challenge go to tft because i was messing around on roc after tft release and went 15/0 with raider rush. most of the lvls of the AT enemys were ranged 7-10 too roc is done tft is true skill

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I too hated when we would all congregate together for the Battle Royal, the decider of all fates, and my Heros' combines where only lvl 6-7(1 being 4-5, the other 2-3) and I thought I was doing good...then i met players who had 2 Heros, 1 was lvl 6, the other 3, then he did his Ultimate...man it sucks when it's a dangerous Ultimate like Avatar or Meta. But, I must say I learned alot from those replays. Noew it is I that has a lvl 6+ Hero by the time one of those battles start.

CuStOm-OwNaGe

Member!
Reaction score
if u want to know about tower d and areana i would say iy d/l MUCH faster for 56kers and like they said music better and i will say the pics. look a littel better

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but i must tell you the orcs still suck ass in air

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
i personally been left down by FT. i mean..the cinematic of the ROC was much superior. the first into with illidan(look at pan's sigitar) is pretty cool...the only cool one..and the last one was his acending...how lame was that?

and no orc campaign...they goota be f..ing kidding me! i want thrall!!!!!!!!!!!!

and who wouldn't guess who the winner was? it's in the book...linch and his campion.

the campaigns are not well balanced..sometimes u get it too easy sometimes is nearly imposble to do it...

there are too many new thing u gotta learn in a very short ammount of time.

like learning a whole naga race in just one mission (ne one)

the game itself...provides planty of twists and it has an intresting plot..until....the acending.

and the whole aromour and damage changing is so..confusing...is nothing like ROC...light aromor take extra from pierce...is that a joke or what?....

the map...in the custom games..some they look they have been done by first time users or the worl editor...they need some grooming...and I think they sorta run out of ideas...

u can swear that kil'jaeb guy...one of sargeras captains look just the same with archimode...different colours.

the nasty thing is u can choose 4 heros..but u can use only 3...i mean they could at least give u the option to use all 4 is u wanted to. if u can micro 4 heros...why not?.

the beast master....it's so cool in the orc bonus campains and such a joke as extra hero...he doesn't even have the spells he has in the original campaign...bleah!

ok..I think i am done with the negative stuff....

it's not bad..it will provide u the novely...and u have to learn to play once again.

ued-colonial..orc sucked in air since roc and I doubt they would do any better in FT...they have a strong attack ground unit.

U know i barely use the new extras...

for ne i use the spring well upgrade and the mount giant, for us the obesian statue and the cript l;ord make a pretty decent hero...the humans...spell brakers..but not that often...dispell slow and poly is still the best.

the new heros are rather week..i still prefer DH as first choice instead of the warden.