Question about the lvl 9 lld asn

VI-Herald

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes.... i read in the guide that for the merc i should use.... a 6 socketed ethereal crystal sword with flawed emeralds?? thats a joke irght o_O

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Act 2 nm def

And which assasin? Trapper?

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
unfortunately no the write was not joking.

if u really wanted to use a merc go with an a1 merc since it can use inner sight and lower their defense, thus increasing your chance to hit. or go with a2 offensive for blessed aim.

edit: for got to give u items u should use.
a1: 3 soc mask with 3x 9 max jewels in it (u could substitute biggin's bonnet here if u want some life on your merc, but 15 life is not going to add much); 3 soc light plate with 3x 9 max jewels. 3 soc hunter bow with poison dmg on it or 3x 9 max jewels (note: i'm not sure if max jewels work in missile weapons).

a2: 3 soc mask with 3x 9 max; 3 soc light plate with 3x 9 max. rare polearm with 2x soc and decent mods (lightning, cold, pd, ll, ed, and eth would be best but the chances of all that being on the weapon with 2x soc is going to hard) 2x 9max jewels or pd.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
its really up to the person that is making the lld..... i was just suggesting what items to use but u can use anything basically

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I usually wouldn't get a merc because they always would die extremly fast during dueling unless you can teleport.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Well, when you're level 9, a merc could be a huge help, by freezing and poisoning and all that stuff. Yeah, and it also deals decent damage.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Decent damage for level 9? Their spells must be like level 1-3. That's my guess. But damn, that would make for an extremly strong merc if leveled from like level 5 (in hell) to like level 98. Just damn.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I'm saying most likely at level 9 you won't be doing a ton so your merc can help you do more damage.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
No, which is why they suck even more, because they can only use swords, and that damage isn't added to their damage (because they cast a spell).

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Uhh, wouldn't the poison damage just be converted into magic damage because of the messed up way iron wolves work?

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Heh, actually I have no clue. Ask whoever wrote the guide.