Protoss Strategy

Chad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been on a long conquest to find the most effective Protoss Strategy and I have made a break-through. Here it is: (Zero Clutter Map is what I play)

While your building up probes build a giant upside down or regular T(depending on your location in the map/ I.E. : T or B) with pylons. Build gateways on both sides of the T and the inside of the smaller, adjacent top of the T. On the ouside of that part build 2 lines of photons. Then next to this T, build 2 pylons. This will be your upgrade bay. Build 3 forges, a cybernetics, citadel, archives, and a robotics facility and observatory. Get upgrades asap including upgrading goons range. Make sure you get all of your gas bays going with at least 3 probes each and be sure to have nexus's on both sides of the gas bays. Then when you have about 6000 in gas, build 2 high templars in every gateway. After they build make archons and then repeat the same thing. On avereage, this gives about 40 archons. When upgrades are done, attack opposing side. Archons are so powerfull that they ALWAYS rock the oppossing sides defense. After you are through, build 2 goons at every gateway and send in whenever they are finished. Keep this cycle going untill you have a huge mass of goons and their sheer numbers overpower the enemy. Don't forget to defend your nexus too with photons. Then you win. Thoughts?

SubPoolShark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I read your strategy on 0 clutter, but it has a few flaws. Its been a while since I've last played 0clut, but I can help you out. You mass archons for your first attack, but if theres a terran player on the other side, they will EMP the archons and BAM, your archons die. Second, if you mass goons, tanks would destroy them. My suggestion would be to make about 6 corsairs and d-web any tanks or enemy cannons. Mix in zealots (with speed of course) with your goons for an added punch, and don't forget templar and reavers. Some dark archons could maelstrom zerg units, if present. In many 0 clut games, people mass only one unit, and forget about all the other units avaliable. A few strategic units could turn the tide of the battle.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
another flaw:

in the beginning of your strat its too ez t get hit by an attack and lose your important buildings, i would get an army faster then get buildings.

Chad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I only play nr20, so I don't have to worry about that but thanks. Ya I understand what your saying shark. Luckily people are usually not smart enough to use EMP. And actually, I have recently had a TON of trouble with tanks. I usually just build dt's and thats that. But thanks a lot for the suggestions. You guys brought out some very valid points and I do need to try to expand my unit selection.

SubPoolShark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you're having trouble with tanks, I wouldnt just use dt. Upgraded speed zealots can reak havoc with tanks, and the tanks will probably kill themselves. If they do not have anti air, you could load up some units in shuttles and drop them on the tanks. Remember, dont just fight mass armies to mass armies. If you use your units right, a few units could destroy a whole army, letting you use your other units to destroy their base. If you don't want to play non money maps, then it would be a good idea if you could find some good players to work on your strategies. If you have any other problems, just post them. Good Gaming