Pre-made Talent Builds

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Hey guys! This is going to eventually be stickied. So add your own and i'll format it as necessary. Please use Wowhead as your talent calculator.

This is all open to discussion for the moment, i'll compile it all together and split out the unnecessary posts. I've already added my warrior builds since it's like the only class i know how to play.

Warrior
Fortifications -- A Warrior Reference Guide
Written by one of the smartest warriors out there. It contains everything you need to know about the warrior class. It contains macros, talent builds, keybinding, gearing, threat values to knockback values. You name it, it has it.

Of Steel -- Guidelines for New Warriors
This guide for new warriors contains all that information that new guys want to know, but no one wants to answer. It will help you choose talent builds for leveling, what professions to choose, what each stance allows you to do and even has a section on understanding how taunt works. A must read for newbie warriors!

PvP Arena (2v2/3v3)
33/25/3 is built for the spell reflect macro, and disarm. For smaller matchups, maces are ideal, which is why i chose to put five points there. Unbridled wrath might seem useless, but it's better than booming voice if you remember to refresh your shouts.

PvP Arena (5v5)
If you're in an "outlast" build 5v5 with 3 healers (where you don't really need to spell reflect to stay alive, and it's better to eat a spell for rage), lag too much to spell reflect, just plain forget to use it, or don't disarm much, you're better off with 33/28.
I think sword is the best spec for 5v5s. Axe spec is nerfed by resilience moreso than sword, and the sheer burst potential of a sword spec crit is arguably better than mace stun, being as it is subject to diminishing returns. The extra damage from a sword puts stress on the opposing healers, requiring more mana investment that is particularly good in with an "outlast" team. Stuns are also subject to resists by MANY classes - an extra attack is not.

Fury PvE
This is the cookie-cutter fury pve build and should not be overlooked if you're thinking about speccing fury. Some players prefer 2/2 imp intercept over imp execute because some bosses have a faster cooldown on their knockbacks than an untalented intercept does, but it's up to you.

2H PvE
This build maximizes raid dps while allowing you to hold your own. I chose 2/2 blood frenzy over finishing out flurry because that extra 4% to physical dps is a lot more than what you could do with 2 extra points of flurry.

Main Tanking
This build is strictly main tanking so talents like imp taunt and imp revenge aren't necessary. This build is for maximum mitigation while keeping the appropriate talents for maximum threat generation (Cruelty, 1H wep spec).
I didn't max out anticipation because your gear gets to a level where those extra 20 points of defense aren't necessary and you can sacrifice a few points in your build to add to mitigation (Imp defensive stance for magic mitigation) or imp sunder for an easier threat rotation. It's entirely up to you and what your gear tells you to do.

Heroic/5-Man Tanking
If you're a casual tank and you enjoy heroics you might want to stick to a build like this one.
Imp revenge and imp shield bash aren't necessary but you'll find in heroics that it's handy to stun mobs with revenge because it puts less pressure on your healer and it gives you time to apply threat to other mobs if you are multi-mob tanking. Imp shield bash is purely for more control over casters.
Once again, it's up to the player, this is just what i would prefer if i only tanked 5-mans and heroics.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Mage

The Arcane Mage
A great farming build. Improved Arcane Missles with a decent set of gear will net you somewhere around 800damage per missle, x5(4LULZ) missles which each crit hitting in the 1500 range. It may be a bit more costly than Ice/Fire, but we're mages. We have Conjure Water/Food. Spec the last 5 points as you see fit, they're really a tossup and mostly useless anywhere (except maybe Impact if you use fireshield).

(WILL EDIT WITH OTHERS)

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Arcane Mage
This is also another great spec, because it allows you to kite easily with Slow, do great DPS, and have Pyroblast to AP/PoM/Pyro someone...

Arcane/Frost Mage
Pretty good for having sub-par gear, it can pull off some nasty Frostbolt crits combined with Spell Power and Ice Shards. And still has the "3 minute mage" feel, only with some Frost magic intertwined.

THE Premium Raiding Spec Mage
While this has theoretically been proven to be TOP of the line DPS for Raiding Mages, many will argue with the 49/12/0 build. However, this is still a well known and widely used build.

Full Frost
Provides great survivability along with great DPS, this or similar Frost specs are used a lot in PvP battlegrounds and arenas.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Warlock

Deep Affliction
This build is the best spec in terms of all around use. You can do excellent in raids, PvE grinding/farming, BGs, and Arenas. You get unlimited mana, a nice boost to your DoTs, Instant HoT, CoEx to kite melee with, a nice stam boost with Imp Imp (30% more from Blood Pact), the list goes on..

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Main Tanking
This build is strictly main tanking so talents like imp taunt and imp revenge aren't necessary. This build is for maximum mitigation while keeping the appropriate talents for maximum threat generation (Cruelty, 1H wep spec).
I didn't max out anticipation because your gear gets to a level where those extra 20 points of defense aren't necessary and you can sacrifice a few points in your build to add to mitigation (Imp defensive stance for magic mitigation) or imp sunder for an easier threat rotation. It's entirely up to you and what your gear tells you to do.
Yeah, but the 2 points in anticipation really aren't worth giving up just for less rage cost of sunder, in my opinion. With the amount of rage generated by the damage mobs/bosses deal end-game, rage just isn't really a problem.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah, but the 2 points in anticipation really aren't worth giving up just for less rage cost of sunder, in my opinion. With the amount of rage generated by the damage mobs/bosses deal end-game, rage just isn't really a problem.
Yeah it really depends on the player, but some people like to get those 5 sunders in fast and early with low rage cost in case enemy attacks are dodged/parried/missed.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Nono, let's teach everyone how to lock.

UA Raiding/Farming/Arena spec - This build is rather universal, as it will do all 3 rather efficiently. You will realize that all the builds I use/make are based around PvPing and PvE alike, so that I don't have to spend another 40g to respec everytime I change what I'm doing.

Fire lock build Yerp, I used to be a fire lock :( It's amazing DPS in 5-mans and it's fun to use in BG's, but as far as raiding goes, I feel sorry for your healer for all the life tapping you will be doing, and as far as farming, forget it.

SL/Ruin This build was shown to me by another warlock in my guild, but I changed around some things to fit my playstyle. This is probably one of the higher DPS builds for 10/25 man raiding, and is also the easiest to run. Shadow bolt shadow bolt shadow bolt that's all she wrote.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shaman

PvE Restoration
Typical resto raiding spec. Sometimes i switch out Healing Grace and Focused Mind for Nature's Guardian if i feel like PvP'ing.

PvE Enhancement
Build I use whenever I raid as Enhancement. Improved weapon totems + Unleashed rage makes your rogues, hunters and dps warriors happy in their pants. I put the rest of my points into Mental Quickness and Convection because more mana = more shocks = more dps.

PvP Elemental
Pop EM + NS, cast chain lightning or lightning bolt and pray to god that Lightning Overload procs.

Reaction score
Rogue

PvE Combat Daggers - This build is the top DPS for dagger rogues in raids, however Nerves of Steel is interchangable for any other 2-Pointer you may like.

PvE Combat Swords/Maces/Fists - This build is considered top DPS for Swords, Fists, and Maces. Simply interchange the Sword Specialization for your weapon type.

PvE Mutilate - A build for using Mutilate in PvE, the points in Imp. EA are your's to disperse.

PvP Mutilate - A build for using mutilate in PvP, the points in Elusiveness are yours to disperse.

Ultimate Solo PvP Spec - This build, when played correctly, ensures you victory in a 1v1 situation, as well as 1v2.

Shadowstep PvP - While this spec isn't very viable for anything except raping casters, it's very fun to play in PvP.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
How about leveling builds for solo questing? That would be really useful.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Priest
PvE Healing
This is generally my favorite spec for healing, its isn't going to get you the highest heals but its great for endurance and clearcasting as a priest makes my panties wet.

PvP healing
This spec I find has great survivability. Martydom and Pain supression are just awesome abilities for healing in pvp. The silent resolve points can be tossed around into absolution and mental agility but in arenas its nice to have that chance that people wont immediatly purge a shield.

PvP Shadow
No threat reduction just +meltface I find this spec seems to work best in any given situation. Though hunters may give some problems because of the lack of shadow reach. Its really up to you wther you prefer imp mana burn or the range of shadowreach.
(Solo leveling is this spec with blackout traded for spirit tap.)

PvE Shadow
Threat reduction, mana effiency and range. The only thing I think this spec really lacks is the -chance to resist. But its hard to choose which points to take out. Silence and imp fear are the first choice but I like to keep them for pvp. Really up to you on how far you want to devote yourself to PvE.

The lol omfg wtf spec (AKA Power Infuse shadow)
I've never seen anyone besides myself use a spec like this. Why? Well its good at nothing specific but for support in BG pvp its ****ing amazing. Say we're on Van/Drek in AV, I put my healing gear on and can heal fine. Say we've got a priest backing us up in WSG, I can put on my damage gear and provide VE healing. I've only ever gotten compliments on this spec.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Other than wasting 5 points in Shadow power when you only have 2 spells that can crit, amirite?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm gonna split all the non-first posts when I get back from what I gotta do today, but I'll edit the first one with all the guides, giving credit where credit is due.

If you didn't write a little summary of your build, I ask that you please do, I think Samsara and _Chris are the only two that didn't. Anyway, you can post those in this thread, or edit your posts, or PM them to me or Renzo.

Also, I'm trying to get a comprehensive guide to leveling, if anyone would like to help that would be great

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
@Samsara
I've never speced into circle of healing and I havn't raided much in TBC so I really couldn't give any advice on when its best to be used and when its not.

@JD
Have you ever seen how many priest spells in shadow there are? About 6 and thats if you're undead. And you use SWD and Mind blast a lot. Though I suppose since they doubled the cooldown of SWD its not as great of a talent anymore.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
THE Premium Raiding Spec Mage
While this has theoretically been proven to be TOP of the line DPS for Raiding Mages, many will argue with the 49/12/0 build. However, this is still a well known and widely used build.
Dragon Breath and Blast Wave don't do shit for raiding :p And Pyroblast doesn't do anything too, really, except for rare phases where you can start casting one and it'll hit on time, but they're too rare.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ki0VZxgr0fcI0eRx0h

Much better for raiding (only).

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well the DB and Blast Wave are good for fights such as Morogrim Tidewalker.. =/

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Dragon Breath and Blast Wave don't do shit for raiding :p And Pyroblast doesn't do anything too, really, except for rare phases where you can start casting one and it'll hit on time, but they're too rare.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ki0VZxgr0fcI0eRx0h

Much better for raiding (only).
Dude you have 2 unnecessary points in arcane focus (Lol?) which could be put into Pyroblast and Blast Wave. Which are so much better than arcane focus. Fights like Morogrim Tidewalker (Like DW said) require excellent aoe and you can't really aoe that well without BW and DB.

I prefer something like this. You can still be PvP-viable (World PvP at least) and you can grind better than your 5/5 arcane focus build!!11