Please TEll Me A Good Strat.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Truely, not just to be an ass. A good terran stategy is to pick another race. They are pretty bad for multiplayer. But if you realy like them go golioths and tanks. Make sure to upgrade their attack range and damage. But seriously, try getting used to the zerg or toss.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
listen take my advise it is good to practise terran cause you will get no where playin halfassed. you will get murdered. i have had sc for a long time now and i practised terran against the comp on insane. i had worked my way up in wins on various names. so if u want a good startegy im not giving mine away i just give hint as to building ur own. i posted a couple check em out.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Ok, pan actually makes a good point. I always bash terran (like firebat is doing) but... I just remembered, I started out using terran! I guess in a way it's good to start off with terran. Protoss can be very confusing to a newbie and so can zerg. I still remember back when I was a total newbie, I played toss and I lost the game cause I didn't build anything cause I couldn't figure out why it kept saying "you can't build here". I didn't realize I needed to make pylons LMAO. And with zerg, well, I got pissed off cause my guys kept dieing whenever I build shit... this was back when i was a newbie remember :)

So anyways... terran is good if your a newbie. Also, terran is very good when used with another race. For instance, 1 Terran & 1 Zerg VS 2 Zerg and... the terran/zerg combo SHOULD win, because essentially they have twice the power that the regular zergs do... plus many other things...

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
oh

And about your strategy, hmm... if you're playing against the comps, just make tanks and bunkers and put supply depos infront of them to block units from getting in, works good. Do not do that in multi player as it does not work and you'll just end up killing yourself cause you'll be limiting yourself to air-only and defilers make air units useless. Multi player with terran, i'd prob say 24 wraiths and the rest goliaths / tanks. Keep the wraiths nearby to finish off air and also remember to keep sci vessels around for cloakers and to irraditate zerglings and stuff.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
oh by the way i picked up a strategy like the suppl depot but my friend showed my an effective way of using that same strategy. build barracks in front. its pretty good. you can train units right from it, plus has extra hp and can lift of allowing ground unit access. just thought id like to note this.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
well

As useful as the barracks thing sounds, it will not work against the computers. The reason the supply depot thing works is cause supply depos are small enough so that units can strike them without being hit by marine fire... if you put a barracks there though, then the hydras / dragoons will almost surely attack it, thus making it kinda useless. Also (and I may be mistaken about this) I beleive zerglings can walk between two units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you are mistaken cause lings cant walk between em. one guy had a hode of em attacking and he kept swearing at me cause they wouldnt go through. also the thing is when hydras or goons attack u use tanks i put em close enough to hit any hydras or goons. the onlyy flaw in my base defencse is air attacks. but thats why blizzard put in valkyries right?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
well

I wasn't sure if lings could go between barracks or not. Regardless, alot of times you wont get tanks right away... also, zealots can attack barracks easier and if they get close to it, your tank will destroy the barracks.

SCV-ARMY

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hello,

for terran, if ur good, u can easily just use mass marines and medics to kill just about anything....... and dont say zealots will tear right through them cause they wont if ur smart and u know how to stim pack or if u know ur gonna face some lots and brought a fire bat or 2

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
marines are ok, but going all-marines... I dunno about that. They are way too weak (40hp). If your dragoons will own marines so harshly and carriers, forget about it. 4 carriers could prob take down 20-30 marines. Sure, marines w/ medics and stim packs might beat zealots, but that's about all they are good for (and zerglings and stuff).

SCV-ARMY

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok im not going to call u an idiot but........ omg enough rines and medics will kill anything..... but ofcourse if its a shitload of carriers some ghost and lockdown will help u out.......

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Marines are good but never with just medics. dear good no. Me and a friend tried something. so i built 24 battlecruisers and he built 100 marines and 50 medics and like 10 ghosts. well he locked down ten bc but god did i blow his ass up. to get to the point marines are good in the begining but they need some good units with em.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Enough marines and medics will not kill anything. They are way to weak. First off, stim takes off 10hp. And medics don't always heal, they cant only heal so much and so fast... and with only 40hp for marines, all it takes is 2 lurker shots to take out a whole shit load of marines. You put 3 bunkers with 4 marines in each and 6 tanks behind those bunkers and no amount of marines in the world is gonna get past it... and with zerg, sunkens will own marines, medics wont help them. 15 sunkens will pretty much slaughter any amount of marines coming through, or atleast enough of them. Also, ghosts w/ lockdown aren't that easy to get... they require one of the highest tech researchs in the game to get them, so if you're gonna bother researching that much tech on ghosts then seems silly to make all marines. I'm not doubting your strategy works, but i've never ever been beat in my life by someone who makes all marines. One plague in the middle of the marines and al the medics will be out of heal and then they are screwed.

SCV-ARMY

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok why the **** are u using 100 marines on 24 bcs........ im talking early game medarines if someone has 24 bcs by that time they defintely have hacked out there ass lol

and if u see that a zerg is going with a lot of lurks then its time to upgrade to terran metal..... terran metal owns everything....

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I have a strategy for Terran in the Ladder Map "Lost-Temple."

This particular map actually has "small higher ledges"
right behind the resource minerals, on bases located at the middle left side and bottom of map.

Terran is an excellent choice to game with on this map because all that is needed to slow your enemy down is:

First; sacrifice an SCV to use as a scott in the very beginning of the game.
Second; quickly build for a drop-ship and tanks.
Third; Fly the drop-ship on the very edge of map to each ledge on enemies' base.
Forth; Lock-Down a tank on this "small patch of higher-ground" (only enough room for one tank) Then, blast-away at enemies' Probes, SCVs, or Drones. and have an F--king Good Time!!!!!!

ps. For extra extra fun!!! Come to channel:
Clan KerriganForever or Clan FSB)
and battle with me and my peeps.

FSB)SoulReaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
thescv.com
The tanks wont blow the crap out your barracks if you know how to use them correctly. also vultures own zlots. you can get 2 vults 4 rines and a decent wall in about 4-6 minutes that's good enough to stop a zlot rush. also tanks aren't that hard to get, its ll in the scv building. you need to continuously build scvs in the beginning to really rush effectively. a good tank crawl with turret/warith/vulture support (don't forget to lay mines) will be hard to kill with any race. Don't forget to expanded as well you should expand with terran in about 6-8 minutes as opposed to 4 or so with zerg. this combined with tank drops on the enemy's resources should win the day.

SCV-ARMY

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o and dont go for tanks so fast that u have no air d coughsoulhahamutaskilleduahahhamymutaslolahahahcoughcough

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SCV-ARMY
ok why the **** are u using 100 marines on 24 bcs........ im talking early game medarines if someone has 24 bcs by that time they defintely have hacked out there ass lol

and if u see that a zerg is going with a lot of lurks then its time to upgrade to terran metal..... terran metal owns everything....
ok buddy, fist off the game was already won and me and a friend stayed in the game to see who would win. he built mass marines like i said. he thought i was doing the same cause i said i would. instead i built bc. it was merely fun to get him blown up.