P~Shield Battery

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Shield Battery

Do you even use it? I love it, and it's the thing that may save you from a rush without losing a unit, and so keeping some minerals.

Besides, there may be a chance that you will use it later and that also may save you.

I had an arbiter that was very weak, was under atack by a scout. If it wasn't for the battery, I'd lose 350 gas.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
One time a built a gateway and shield battery into an enemy's base and didn't lose a unit. To bad it was just a deverinary tactic :).

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No real point to using shield batterys.If your strategy is well thought out,and is made correctly, you shouldn't need shield batterys. They are mostly there for beggining game. In fact, if you actually look at melee maps, or hell, ums maps for that matter, shield batterys are NEVER used.

Gemini_Bloodian

Marador

Member!
Reaction score
if u are good at massing archons then shield batteries are the way to go since archons are pretty much all shield youd own a lot by attacking then returning using shield battery then going back again.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I do use them. mostly against zerg opponents.
usually against terran later in the game.
almost never in pvp.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I use them once in every five games. I would like to use them more often, and i have noticed you using them a hell of alot Tronga :D

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No real point to using shield batterys.If your strategy is well thought out,and is made correctly, you shouldn't need shield batterys. They are mostly there for beggining game. In fact, if you actually look at melee maps, or hell, ums maps for that matter, shield batterys are NEVER used.
there not used because they dont know how to be used effectivly. having a few arounf ur miners and barracks will surely help as the batteries are, i think, auto. itll extend the lives of archons by a bit. every archon counts! also its good to hammer ur enemy with-have a attck force of about 24 units and have build about 4-5 sheild batteries. send the units in, before they die, run em to the sheild battery then send in the other units. when the batteries are out of power, put all the units in their base and u will own....ive done this a few times. works nice.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
4-5 Shield Batteries is alot. But i guess it's up to you. I would only make them in late game, if i get Arbiters/Carriers/Archons.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, considering that the shields battery cost as much as a zealot, and can save the life of the ones you have about the time of a rush, I think it's very good for the beggining.

And it isn't auto.

CerebralChain

Reaction score
I've only used the shield battery a few times, early game to prevent my zealots from dying while defending. I don't see how it can be useful late game, other than recharging the shield of some special units.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Heh, i built a Shield Battery against Raccoon. Didn't even use it, i was too busy worrying about other things to micro intensely.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i find no poind in it what is it for i just get my cannons up and rebould what ever one gets destroied in teh battle the shield batterie has no meaning really

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gemini_Bloodian

Gemini_Bloodian
Every post of yours I see my self projected image of you gets a little dumber. :p

I actually never use them myself, unless I'm playing a Zerg who I know rushes. Generally they will only help one unit because they have limited shield regeneration... but if you only have Zealots I guess it isn't so bad.

Basically I don't use them unless I know I'm being rushed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I used them when attempting to micro my carrier & scouts, it saved the carrier two or three times in that FFA with boom.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sheild batterys are the best to vs Zerg with, if you do the new fast expo with cannons build you will most likely be killed by 3 hatch hydras if your zealots don't come in time :) shield battery with 2 zealots can really help.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
underused, and only usefull if ur charging 5 or 6 units w/ small shields. underused for a reason

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I used to Mind Control opposing Carriers that attack my base and since they will obviously take damage I healed them there if they made it.

I used to build them thinking it would act like a wall of Shield or something so all units/buildings around it gained a boost in Shield. *n00b*

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Shield Battery

Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Do you even use it? I love it, and it's the thing that may save you from a rush without losing a unit, and so keeping some minerals.

Besides, there may be a chance that you will use it later and that also may save you.

I had an arbiter that was very weak, was under atack by a scout. If it wasn't for the battery, I'd lose 350 gas.

I use it and it works well when you get rushed. I put all my units around the battery and recharging the shields is free. You can live immortal if you know how to use it. Its pretty damn cool I think! Oh yeah..CORSAIRS OWN!

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
wall with 4 or so lots, shield bat behind as well as goons. Use shield bat during a rush and it can save ur ass so much. once using a shield bat i was able to defend a quick ling rush with one lot and a probe... (****ing like 6 pooled i think i dun remember. Was a while ago.)