P~Shield Battery

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I used a shield battery again today vs tronga. Didn't work too well I'm afraid :(.

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sword tip
One time a built a gateway and shield battery into an enemy's base and didn't lose a unit. To bad it was just a deverinary tactic .
It's spelt: diversionary.

Originally posted by Sakuhta
Every post of yours I see my self projected image of you gets a little dumber. :p

I actually never use them myself, unless I'm playing a Zerg who I know rushes. Generally they will only help one unit because they have limited shield regeneration... but if you only have Zealots I guess it isn't so bad.

Basically I don't use them unless I know I'm being rushed.
It is said:
"For every post you make, I see a self-projected image of you getting dumber."

And you say I'm getting dumber. <_<

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Gemini_Bloodian
It's spelt: diversionary.

It is said:
"For every post you make, I see a self-projected image of you getting dumber."

And you say I'm getting dumber. <_<
\

I sense an imminent flame war....? lol

Anyways, I think shield batteries are definately overlooked. It's only 100 minerals. Maybe against terran, you can build a battery and gate outside his base and harrass him til you get dragoons?

Hmm, just a thought...

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok...let's assume this situation

PvZ, you are holding ramp with 2 zeals and a shield battery
lings come and try to break through. With shield batteries, you hafta manually tell it to recharge, and can only recharge it 2 or 3 times. Furthermore, it is much easier to break through for the lings. Now, take out the shield battery and add an extra zealot. Zerglings die faster, damage is spread between 3 zealots, the zerg would be stupid to try to get up the ramp with 3 zealots, so there is no way you can lose control of that ramp now.

PvT, what are you going to do...recharge sheilds against vultures?? basically useless

PvP, maybe of some help in early zeal/zeal battles, but i'd much rather have an extra zeal than a shield battery.

Even if you build the shield battery, i doubt that you're going to use it for the entire game, maybe use it once or twice, and then forget about it.

The only reasonable thing the shield battery should be used for is on carriers against terran goliaths. Build 5 or 6 batteries, cliff the terran with carriers, and retreat the onces that get damaged to near death back to the shield batteries to recharge. This has happened to me couple of times, and it gave protoss the win.