P~My Protoss game

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
My Protoss game

I've been playing SC & BW since '99 and i've been a complete nubhat most of the time. I only found out about BNET through a friend in like '01.

After joining BattleForums in '02 and reading people's posts and such, i became a better player. I was still a newb though.

After discarding SC & BW for about 6 months, i picked it back up and found i had a renewed interest it in and i was apparently OK (This is when i found my race - Protoss) at the game.

Lately, in the past year, i have gamed solely BForums people. Only because i didn't enjoy public games that much. I just prefer playing with a friend.

And last night i played with PUMPKINHEAD. Of whom i assume most of you have seen him around the SC Forums. I gamed him three times and lost three times. Each matchup was PvZ (I was Protoss - as usual).
The first game, i accidently went to the anti-Terran build order (God knows why), and he realised that and rushed me.
The second time, i got my bearings but still got my ass kicked. Same with the third time.

I have the third replay attached. I know you have to contain the Zerg, but i just couldn't. I felt pretty nub and helpless. I could only expo to the islands and my natural.
Not to make excuses and i'm not trying to insult anyone here, but i put this flaw in my game down to me playing BForums people alot. And the only BForumers that play Zerg, are Sakuhta and Akule.

I personally never thought Sakuhta or Akule were that great, and thus i didn't play that great to defeat them. I play Sakuhta alot, and he still hasn't grasped the right way to game Zerg yet (Or he has, and has lost his touch), and because of this, i haven't grasped the right way to game PvZ.

I couldn't do shit against what PUMPKINHEAD sent at me. He microed pretty well, and i didn't, i hardly tried to micro.

So what i'm saying is, if that someone can take a look at that replay (Hopefully you Phoenix2003 - I've never played you, but you seem to know your Protoss - I need your help!) and tell me where i went wrong, what a possible PvZ build order could be, and what combo's i should use.

I just can't seem to take out masses of Ultralisks/Cracklings/Hydralisks/Mutalisks/Overlords o_O

Any help is appreciated though. But PLEASE, look at the replay, it isn't incredibly long.

I must fix my Protoss game!

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, let me take a look. Pvz is pretty nasty for the toss so I'll do my best for helping you out.

1. Nobody can actually teach you this mu:( You gotta go by experience.

2. Make better decsions overall. Like for example. At some part of the game where he was massing hydras and had token lings outside your choke, you had the opportunity to try something rather than sit there letting him take the map. You had sairs flying around scouting him.

3. When I saw you making carriers, I was like "WTF?" in my head.
Those scouts weren't needed, either. Nice storms, maelstroms, and disruption webs, though.

4. To counter his hydras, you needed more zealots and temps. Much of the game, your opponent when mass hydys. You making more goons instead of zealots did you in and your lack of good judgement(it happens).

5. You shouldn't have lost your DAs, because they would've help you out later versus those ultras.

6. Storm the hydras not the ultras. These guys soak up storm like nothing. I posted a replay of me and some zerg in the protoss replay I think.

7. Don't feel bad about losing pvz on this map because the mu is pretty hard for the toss. Get a re-match between you and pumpkin and play Dire Straits if you wanna get back at him.

8. I'm gonna PM you a build order for you use next time you get 3/9 or 12/6 scenario temple and works quite well too if you can pull it off.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
*Proccesing Request*

*Someone will be with you shortly*

EDIT: God damnit! I really need to fork out the $10 and get BW...

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll watch the replay and see if i can help.