P~Hallucinations

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
do people even use this?? i'm asking cuz i think it would bea decent way to scout some defences or something. i use it sometimes when i'm being chanced a well placed Hallucination saved my troops sometime although it does cost a lot of energy

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I'd rather save the energy on Psi Storm. Psi Storm incinerates hallucinated units, so:
Psi Storm > Hallucination

aphextwin

Reaction score
the only time i use it is against zerg :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's good for scouting, to save your units by mixing hallucinated units with this, thus distracting enemy fire, but I don't really use it that often...

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Though I never use it, the applicable uses are prob. limitless. Scouting, increasing the size of your army and putting hallucs. in front, making it look like you have 4 dropships instead of 1 etc.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hallucination is good for pvt when breaking slow pushes. Storm drops, or carriers work better, though. PvT island games.

As for the other two(pvz/pvp), storm is better.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just use them for scouting and getting rid of mines in PvT. Sometimes i also use it to fake drops.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CerebralChain
I used it in PvP one time. Totally scared the shit out of my opponent ;D He left ;P
lol what you do? use it to make around 50 more carriers

aphextwin

Reaction score
Originally posted by betaalpha5
lol what you do? use it to make around 50 more carriers
no, make hallucinated archons/ z and put them at the front to absorb fire from enemy fire.....

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sometimes but then if u have a lot of troops around u dont want to lose your own men, so one hallcination would be nice

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
I use it for making drops. Gives them a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the right one.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah well think about this, some ppl use DA on HT with feedback, if you have more than one, u can send 1 real and a few fakes in, by the time he realize which one is real, it's too late the DA's out of energy and you got it stormed :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah, but then that's just a whole lot of energy wasted.

It'd be stupid if you were to send your HTs in, in the front line when DAs are present. Usually you send your grunts first, then your spellcasters.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
i'll use it A: to either scare or piss of my opponent or make him waste scourge in a pvz B:use it for dropping or C: in campaign when im sending a mission critical person in a dropship or shuttle so it doesnt get killed (i know the last one doesnt much matter but hey its a free country, or forum :/)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you know, it would be nice if they could do like maybe half the damage... wonder what would happen if you you hallcinate interceptors or scourges.. think you can control them manually :D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That'd be practically cheating. But you need to think about it, it IS just a hallucination, it could take a swipe then fall through the unit.