Orc vs. NE

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
I'm an NE/SOLO player and ive won pretty much all of my games vs orc. It appears to me that if ne ever raches tier 3 before orc, its game over for the orc player. The ne unit combos r just too fast for the orcs to support. Now i kno must people think that orc is imba, but im just wonderin that if i ever play orc vs ne, wat is the best way to dominate real early and stop ne form gettin tier 3 too fast?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I always thoguht UD was imba.. :D

Well from my experience, I, being NE player, always mass hunts early and rush orc, and constantly harass him, but this guy countered it with BM and grunts, o.o then I went and cried.

Or gruntapult, =/

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
This is where I come in, cause I LOVE ORCS :).

First thing to remember is that Orc Grunts have high constitution, they can stand up to huntresses, but not when the attacks start to bounce. When you get Berserker Strength and 1/1 Grunts, you shouldnt have much of a problem against hunts, since they will now have 200 HP more. Raiders are the shit against this race. Think abou it, they have medium armor. Although thats thier only disadvantage (next to thier HP count), the night elf race has only 2 units that carry heavy armor. Huntresses take severe damage from seige, casters get pounded. And, if they run, you can ensare thier army and take a few straggelers with you. Mountain Giants maybe a problem, but Tauren and Grunts were invented for a reason ^_^. Medium armor won't help him against normal attacks. For ranged, try to get Berserkers, 2-3 Demos and maybe some Batriders. You can get Wind Riders, but they will be shot out of the sky by DOTTS or Hippos unless you micro like nuts. Spirit Walkers are more useful to help you defeat Faerie Fire, which is another problem whenever you face nightelf. Spirit walkers, shaman and Docs have more than just thier masters, use even spells like Purge. Liek when 4 Chims are running away, PURGE them. They will stop for 2 seconds before they can move again (thats when you Ensare them and kill them on ground).

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
WOW! THANK U FOR THE HELP! that strat will come in very useful, but the only problemi find with purge is its range. U might as well ensnare unless the shaman is right next to u, cuz it has low range and shaman arent very fast. BUT that was great suggestion ill use it thx 4 advice! :corn

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Too stop tier 3 from getting to tier 3 is too beat them at tier 2. Orcs have a very strong capability in the beggining of the game. They have good base defense (towers/burrows), Strong melee unit (grunts), And a strong seige unit. Harass in the beggining with a Far seer/Blademaster and then proceed with a rush. Try too keep harassing while you have your base tech up to tier 3. Then show up with grunts/shams/docs/demos and finish the deed. If they go air you could either just get a lot of bats or add zerks to the combination. I also suggest that you get a second hero (prefferably the TC with aura).

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
Well with orc i usually go classic grubby style for herp killz: FS to SH. L like it all but shaman in my opinion r only good for team, bloodlust is way overrated. On the other hand, i agree with docs, cuz a few eel placed shock wardz = gg. If ur enemy runs into 2 hes out for like 10 seconds, pretty much sealing the battle. Also, scattering watcher wardz every where is great cuz scouting is 1/4 of the game, and healing wardz 4 battles. Id hafta get a few raiderz in the miz, 4 air and to complete hero killing. Also great siege ^^, cuz u wanna kill thier buildings of early to set them bak. I just did this in a game, a as simple as it sounds, klling ur opponents wisps in a tech to tier 3 SEVERELY limits thier tech speed. Belive it or not, i won a game against a decent player by simply killing his wisps during a tech.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
rival.showtime said:
L like it all but shaman in my opinion r only good for team, bloodlust is way overrated.

I like your orc strategy I think is very good, but the NE is a very powerfull race.
I for instance like very much the shaman because he is very "smart" , in truth bloodlust is overrated because is too easily dispelled , have u seen that this unit
gives bloodlust very fast and to the right units not like the human priest who first gives on himself innerfire, and purge can catch a few units, lightning shield used corectly will spread your opponents fast.
Now tell me if a NE has mg + chims + hypo + 2 or 3 dryads + archers + talon druids with POTM with what a orc can defeat him?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Too stop tier 3 from getting to tier 3 is too beat them at tier 2. Orcs have a very strong capability in the beggining of the game. They have good base defense (towers/burrows), Strong melee unit (grunts), And a strong seige unit. Harass in the beggining with a Far seer/Blademaster and then proceed with a rush. Try too keep harassing while you have your base tech up to tier 3. Then show up with grunts/shams/docs/demos and finish the deed. If they go air you could either just get a lot of bats or add zerks to the combination. I also suggest that you get a second hero (prefferably the TC with aura).
Beat them at a point before they get Riders and DOTTS. Both units can be nasty towards your orc unless you have Raiders and Catapults.

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
YEA im slowly making the change to orc as my main race cuz of severe imbalance with it. In my opinion, u must always get at least 3 pults, 3 bats, and 3 raiders if your not sure what your NE opponent has. Cuz if he does mass chimz or hippo dot, and your clueless of it, you WILL lose no matter what.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I myself am not a fan of Batriders, but then again bombing buildings is fun.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
chippos is deadly against ORC, no matter what he has, that's true. Sometimes, Faeries and Dotts with chippos make it harder. faeries kill shamans and docs... dotts + hippos kill batriders before they can explode if you aim correctly( they will explode chims, because if they dont it's GG already), so it's ALMOST A gg. i've been beaten by an ORC player with this strat well done only once, because he managed to kill my base while i killed 4/5 of his. The nice thing about him is that he said " GG, you beat me man, I don't want to win only destroyng bases" and left when i had only 3 wells more.
( he killed my chim roost while breath was being researched :( )
35+ batriders sieging your base is not very nice =(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I destroyed chippos with raiders, docs walkers, fs an headhunters. I just microed better and eventually got wyverns. It exterminates ground forces, but you just need to micro better than he can. Most noobies in 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 just fly and dont watch out for who's gonna die.

Plus I harassed him bad in the beginning, to a point where he couldn't get many chims as he did hippos.

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
Bats and wyvs are a pretty good counter for hippo and chims, although it doesnt sound like one. Your entire base will be killed by the time u get the chims, but this works for battles in the middle of levels. U explode your bats on the hippos and let the wyvs take out the chims. But even still, it will be very difficult to beat the imbalance between ne and orc, and orc and human.

- :rofl2 /join clan tgg
Luna im sorry if its not gosu enuf 4 u. :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you still have some bats left, use them and thier Liquid Fire to bomb the Chimaera towers, that should eliminate the chim threat for a while.

SirYarrick

Reaction score
I agree with hellwolfs first strat ive used it and boy does it work well

SirYarrick

Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
if u add a kodo to that uve got an even better combo kodos got a great aura just get one if he dies build another fast to get that aura back.

SirYarrick

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I like your orc strategy I think is very good, but the NE is a very powerfull race.
I for instance like very much the shaman because he is very "smart" , in truth bloodlust is overrated because is too easily dispelled , have u seen that this unit
gives bloodlust very fast and to the right units not like the human priest who first gives on himself innerfire, and purge can catch a few units, lightning shield used corectly will spread your opponents fast.
Now tell me if a NE has mg + chims + hypo + 2 or 3 dryads + archers + talon druids with POTM with what a orc can defeat him?
not much and im an avid orc player ive had that happen but just gather wind riders and a kodo and fs and some shams and heads and ur usualy a pretty good match

SirYarrick

Reaction score
ok wind riders with full armor upgrade and poision and range upgrades r kick ass try it I allways win once I get enough of them fully upgraded(about 20 of em)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
6 archers for teh win!

you can just keep mass hunts, and slowly make archers, and still kill those wind riders! wow! :D