Orc heros

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
i find it hard to conrtol orc heros, its chaotic. I mean with shadow hunter you dont know what healing wave will heal, and with far seer you dont know who his chained lightnng will hit, and with tauren cheifman his shockwave is hard to hit alto of units while moving, with blade master its hard to judge when he will get a critical strike. any1 have any tips on how to make a better way to control these guys?

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
i knew it! som1 would say that!

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
and by the way, i cant play on this computer, becuz its soooo laggy, but once i get a new one i wont post at all here and until then ill post as many useless threads as i want!!!!!!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Tauren Chieftan hard to control? You seriously got some problems, man. Stomp if enough units are close to him. Shockwave in a line where you can strike 12 non-magic immune units or more than 7. If you do this, you can easily use this hero. I have had no problems with any hero, keeping them alive is another story.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I assume either the poster was sarcastic OR serious.

I find orc heros to be extremely easy to control. Try aiming Blizzard on units, compared to chain lightning. Try using healing spray, then try healing wave.

If anything, these are easy hero spells.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Every spell is practically easy, how you utilize them against creeps and players will determine the outcome in a battle. I play orc too and I know how these spells work, espeically the awesome ones like War Stomp, Earthquake, Chain Lightning or even the silly ones like Mirror Image.

Like, you wouldn't use Mirror Image unless you need to dispel things like ER or when you want 3 more copies to protect you. If you get it to level 3, then 3 clones can be difficult to bring down.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Tauren Chieftan hard to control? You seriously got some problems, man. Stomp if enough units are close to him. Shockwave in a line where you can strike 12 non-magic immune units or more than 7. If you do this, you can easily use this hero. I have had no problems with any hero, keeping them alive is another story.
I use Shockwave against NE and war stomp against all the other races.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
well what i ment was with healing wave you can only assure that the 1st unit that u target will get healed, and with chan lighting same goes for that, also with shockwave its a waste of mana if you target moving units

and realy the only experience ive had with orc heros is when i play footmen frenzy i only like shadow hunter and farseer, they are the easiest to control

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not really, shockwave when lined up can pick off tailgaters. If you want to heal effectively, heal for sure the weakest unit or micro out the ones you want to heal and heal them.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
I would think orc have by far the easiest heroes to control. Humans have to aim (blizzard, flamestrike, even bolt has to be aimed) Undead, again they have to aim (nukes, impale, etc) although the nukes are easy to aim at heroes. Night elf, well, their spells are mostly passive spells (not using them during battle...auras, blink, immolation) with a few exceptions (treants, entangle, etc).

I can see that having to aim chain lightning can be a pain, and you dont know what units it will hit, but then again, its a guaranteed hit for multiple units, so just fire away and fire again when its cooled down. combined with stomp or wave, this can wreak havoc on low HP units (archers anyone?) Basically, play them more and they become easier to control, as any race does.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
i guess your right, orc is pretty easy. im just against melle heros becuz they just soak up too much damage by focus fire

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
You need to learn to micro them better. If they get ff'ed, move them away from the pack, or do something - your TC and BM are the only ones who should really get stuck in melee, so carry potions, or stomp/windwalk your way out of it. Try using the shadow hunter combined with a melee hero, heal is a great addition. If you are losing heroes to melee scrambles, you got to controll them better. Are you using control groups? Usually i go 1st hero+melee in group 1, 2nd hero + ranged/casters in 2, etc. Also use ALT like its your job. If you see your hero getting focus ***d, do something about it.

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
all heros spells are fairly easy to use once you master them

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
acctualy i only get 1 hero, becuz if u pay attention to just 1 there is a better chance to survive and also u dont have to spend so much on mana and health pots

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but you can say get a Shadow Hunter and heal your first hero so you don't have to resort to buy health potions. Just visit Mana wells to resture thier mana or health fountians if you don't want to waste mana healing.

Also in FFA and big games, you need even 3 heroes to fight the odds. Because most heroes can eventually get to a point where at level 10, they can take even aboms or t3 melee on easily without taking much damage.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
basicly i only like caster heros

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
I would say the dread lord is the most dificult hero to use, He's a melee hero but he dies really fast,sleep can be really chaotic to use and vamp aura doesnt help him that much. I have seen really few people using him well. they were always having a Dk coiling him...

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
dreadlord is a support hero, so hes not the kind of hero that can solo anything, vamp aura is only effective with melle units, sleep u need units to surround the enemy, swarm it cant do a lot of damage alone, infernal will die to hvy melle