On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate George Bush's performance as president?

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate George Bush's performance as president?

• 1 (worst)

Votes: 10 22.7%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 8 18.2%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 6 13.6%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 (best)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Good job at home? Illegal wire tapings? The whole shitty mess with the DoJ? Pretty much shitting on your beloved constitution? What has he done right? Nothing, nothing at all....billions? Try 220 billion of tax payers (mine included) dollars that magically vanished on their way to Iraq, and thats not mentioning the billions that do get there, don't vanish but are still wasted. The situation is ridiculous, Bush's political career is already over, or it will be then his clock stopping technique will finally fail and Gonzales gets kicked out of DoJ after which a new guy comes in and investigates the shithole of corruption that Bush and Cheney turned the White House into. Its only a matter of time now. US needs to pull out of Iraq! Why don't you look at what happened to Soviet Union then it spent 10 years in Afghanistan, Soviet Union proved it doesn't matter how many millions mujaheds you kill in the end you're still not going to solve anything, meanwhile US is trillions in debt and still spending hundreds of billions of dollars on Iraq, basically throwing the money away now US is rich no doubt about that but there will come a point then your already declining economy (the dollar is going down even now) will hit the melting point with all your debt and crazy spending. There is no other choice, you must leave Iraq before its too late for you.

All I really got out of that post was how your money is going to waste. I could really care less about money. Lemme ask you this, Has there been any major attacks on the U.S. since we have started our war on terror? Keeping that In mind, I would much rather take the fight to them rather than having other attacks on the U.S. The whole Iraq deal is done and over with. We are trying to root out these terrorist so they will think twice before messing with the U.S.A

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
At least the americans are not doing anything loving stupid like claiming a huge chunk of the goddman antartic for themselves.
I'm just kidding, I think its an awesome move by Russia. It'll bring up discussions about war, geopolitics, strategies and lebensraum the likes of which we have never seen since the 30's! GO RUSSIA!

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i thin he deserves at least a 5 for being reelected

plus, tax cut

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Yea if he were to pull out right now, not only would it be political suicide but also all of our troops would have died for what cause? Millions? I was thinking it was more in the range of billions by now.
They are only dying for one cause and that is Bush's greed. You would be foolish to think otherwise.
No offense to the families of the dead because I do feel for them it's just that their son/daughter was used as a pawn in Bush's political gain that he has disguised as "Fighting terrorism." So if anything they should be mad at Bush for putting us in this terrible shithole we call Iraq.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
All I really got out of that post was how your money is going to waste. I could really care less about money. Lemme ask you this, Has there been any major attacks on the U.S. since we have started our war on terror? Keeping that In mind, I would much rather take the fight to them rather than having other attacks on the U.S. The whole Iraq deal is done and over with. We are trying to root out these terrorist so they will think twice before messing with the U.S.A
We could, on the other hand, not fight them there and not fight them in the United States by securing our boarders, then again Bush thinks a Guest Worker Program is more important than securing the boarders. As for rooting out the terrorists, us being there is an incentive in itself to become a terrorist, leaving the Middle East removes that incentive. How much of an incentive will someone have to attack the United States if the United States isn't screwing them? It isn't just Iraq, it's all around the Middle East. Everything from calling democratic elections in Gaza + the West Bank and then when we didn't like who won we pulled our financial support to the government to helping prop up the Saudi government.

thebastardsword said:

plus, tax cut
I wouldn't give him props for being reelected, it had more to do with the Democrats running someone perceived as bad if not worse than Bush more than him being a great candidate. It's more of a Democrats lost than a Republicans won if you get what I'm saying.

As for tax cuts, he really only deserves a 50% on that, spending is supposed to go down when you cut taxes, not go up. I really can't separate the relationship between taxing and spending for that.

Where I will give Bush credit are the judges he sent to the Supreme Court, beyond that I haven't really got much positive to say about him.

B~E said:
I'm just kidding, I think its an awesome move by Russia. It'll bring up discussions about war, geopolitics, strategies and lebensraum the likes of which we have never seen since the 30's! GO RUSSIA!
...and appeasement to the likes of which we have never seen since the 30's.

The Ugly One said:
They are only dying for one cause and that is Bush's greed. You would be foolish to think otherwise. No offense to the families of the dead because I do feel for them it's just that their son/daughter was used as a pawn in Bush's political gain that he has disguised as "Fighting terrorism." So if anything they should be mad at Bush for putting us in this terrible shithole we call Iraq.
It's more than that now; it's also blood on the hands of Democrats since they got elected. They get voted in to stop Bush's bullshit and what do they do? Let's keep funding the war. Let's make the illegal warrantless wiretaps legal (though it expires in 2 months). No matter how much partisanship hatred there is between the majority in Congress and Bush, they all seem to be taking the same path.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
That is complete nonsense. Until US went there where were no terrorists in Iraq. The terrorists that attacked US on 9/11/2001 are in Pakistan having no hand at all in what is going on in Iraq. You are very lucky that there were no attacks on US but it definitely has nothing to do with Bush's "war on terror". Meanwhile Iraq is the breeding ground for terrorists much like Afghanistan was in the 80s with the Soviet Union where do you think the Taliban came from in the first place? The Iraq war is solving nothing and is not crushing the terrorism in the middle east in any way instead it is fueling the hatred and producing even more terrorists.

Well if you don't care about money you must not be working for it hard enough and if thats the only thing you got out of my post than you aren't too bright.

Eh...well, we like oil, so does everyone else, who can blame us?

plus, tax cut
Where was never a President in US who hasn't gotten reelected after starting a war, perhaps thats one of the major reasons he started the war in the first place, oh well, as for the tax cuts....hmm cutting your gov'ts main source of income while your gov't is several trillion dollars in debt, doesn't seem like a bright idea. Sure its all good now especially for rich folks, god knows they could use more money, but it will bite every american tax payer in the ass down the road as its already bitting the lower class americans. Wanna ease taxes? How about not paying the "refugees" from other countries that moved to US over 2 times more a month then the elderly American citizens get in pensions?

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Eh...well, we like oil, so does everyone else, who can blame us?
Nobody is blaming nobody. But everybody is curious and waiting to see what justifications your country will use to claim sovreingty over this part of the Artic beign an extension of Russia's landmass wont cut it in an international court.

MacMan

Reaction score
I gave him a 2 just because I wasn't drafted. Never mind the fact that the overturning of the new draft bill had nothing to do with him.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
We could, on the other hand, not fight them there and not fight them in the United States by securing our boarders, then again Bush thinks a Guest Worker Program is more important than securing the boarders. As for rooting out the terrorists, us being there is an incentive in itself to become a terrorist, leaving the Middle East removes that incentive. How much of an incentive will someone have to attack the United States if the United States isn't screwing them? It isn't just Iraq, it's all around the Middle East. Everything from calling democratic elections in Gaza + the West Bank and then when we didn't like who won we pulled our financial support to the government to helping prop up the Saudi government.

I wouldn't give him props for being reelected, it had more to do with the Democrats running someone perceived as bad if not worse than Bush more than him being a great candidate. It's more of a Democrats lost than a Republicans won if you get what I'm saying.

As for tax cuts, he really only deserves a 50% on that, spending is supposed to go down when you cut taxes, not go up. I really can't separate the relationship between taxing and spending for that.

Where I will give Bush credit are the judges he sent to the Supreme Court, beyond that I haven't really got much positive to say about him.

...and appeasement to the likes of which we have never seen since the 30's.

It's more than that now; it's also blood on the hands of Democrats since they got elected. They get voted in to stop Bush's bullshit and what do they do? Let's keep funding the war. Let's make the illegal warrantless wiretaps legal (though it expires in 2 months). No matter how much partisanship hatred there is between the majority in Congress and Bush, they all seem to be taking the same path.
Ummm no. The democrats have tried time and time again to set dates to get them out but our fabulous president and our stubborn republican minority keep vetoing it.

MacMan

Reaction score
thats how i saw it.
Saw what? The funding for the war? As far as I can tell you're saying your solution to funding the war would be to not fund it at all and just let the tax payers keep their money. And I'm sure you also think you "support" the troops, right? :rolleyes

who are you btw?
I'm not surprised that you don't remember me.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Saw what? The funding for the war? As far as I can tell you're saying your solution to funding the war would be to not fund it at all and just let the tax payers keep their money. And I'm sure you also think you "support" the troops, right? :rolleyes

tax cut was an economic thing was it not? i dont see bush winning any friends with raising taxes :). i file my taxes with monopoly money

sorry, your e-peen blinded me for a sec

MacMan

Reaction score
tax cut was an economic thing was it not? i dont see bush winning any friends with raising taxes :). i file my taxes with monopoly money

sorry, your e-peen blinded me for a sec
Does anyone else see the hilarity in this?

First of all, the funding for the war comes from the taxpayers. Bush lost most of his friends when he started this war, which is now his responsibility to fund. That is, he has to find the money for it. Cutting taxes means less money for the war, which means less body armor for troops, and so forth. If he wants to "win friends," more tax cuts is not the right way to do it.

Do you not even realize that Monopoly money is fake, and that I was mocking your original post? Or are you trying to make a joke or something?

What's an "e-peen" and why are you PMing me?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the hilarity in this?

First of all, the funding for the war comes from the taxpayers. Bush lost most of his friends when he started this war, which is now his responsibility to fund. That is, he has to find the money for it. Cutting taxes means less money for the war, which means less body armor for troops, and so forth. If he wants to "win friends," more tax cuts is not the right way to do it.

Do you not even realize that Monopoly money is fake, and that I was mocking your original post? Or are you trying to make a joke or something?

What's an "e-peen" and why are you PMing me?

cutting taxes doesnt mean less money for the war. if they're going to spend money on the war they're going to spend money on the war. it simply means the debt will get bigger. if there is less body armor blame the senate for not funding them.

monopoly money is fake? weird, i got money back from a tax return

MacMan

Reaction score
it simply means the debt will get bigger.
That means they are spending money that isn't really there, which is exactly my point. If you're going to blame the senate for not funding the war, you're blaming them for not having the money to fund the war, BUT THAT MONEY COMES FROM THE TAX PAYERS. Do you have any idea how bad an increasing debt is for the country? No, no you don't.

monopoly money is fake? weird, i got money back from a tax return
Oh. My. God.

I'm done talking to you.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
That means they are spending money that isn't really there, which is exactly my point. If you're going to blame the senate for not funding the war, you're blaming them for not having the money to fund the war, BUT THAT MONEY COMES FROM THE TAX PAYERS. Do you have any idea how bad an increasing debt is for the country? No, no you don't.

Oh. My. God.

I'm done talking to you.
they always spend money that isnt really there. in fact, sometimes they spend on what they think is simply projected instead of the real numbers they have.

yep, thats what i used :)

N[U]TS

Reaction score

I agree Home land security should be one of our #1 priorities. I was pissed when I heard they withdrew the National gaurd from the boarder. I think they lost about 1,000 men in doing so.

I thought when you had tax cuts you give more money in the hands of the tax payers which in turn enables them to spend more to boost the enconomy. Enlighten me If I am wrong.

Гражданин СССР said:
The Iraq war is solving nothing and is not crushing the terrorism in the middle east in any way instead it is fueling the hatred and producing even more terrorists.
I can tell you watch biased liberal television or how ever you get your information. It is a love hate relationship. Of course people will hate us for being there. They were simply brain washed at a young age to sacrafice their lives for an outrageous cause. Iv talked to a few soldiers who have been over to Iraq 1-3 times. They all seem to have a more positive feed back than negative. War was never ment to be beautiful. Id rather believe in someone who has seen it first hand than someone who gives reports from the the comforts of home.

As for how hard I work for a living is beyond your knowledge so dont even think for a second that I dont work hard to make ends meat. Im done talking your pinko commie ass. Good day sir!

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score

The simple solution is to pullout and not spend a dime more on that shithole. The only thing we have gained from Iraq is more people hating us, debt, and loss of life.