O~ best Combo of units

What is the best Combo of Units for Orc?

• grunts, tauren, shamans

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • mass casters with a few grunts

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • wind riders with shamans

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • mass head hunters

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
there r all kinds of combo dude... but what makes a good combo is 1 that cannot be countered by ONE TYPE of enemy unit...

u look at grunts/shamans/taurens... they can be owned by pure gryphs... pure chims... pure frosties... pure wyverns... so u should discard immediately... cuz the enemy does not need to mix

wind riders n shamans... the enemy can win if they go PURE archers... which is a bad sign... what does this mean... itx a lousy combo... n even a noob can own u...

none of the poll options r actuallie any good combos

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Siphon
All you did was name the things that can counter those combos... Every combo can be countered by something so does that mean there are no good strats?

Why does everyone like Batriders so much, they blow if you have any AA at all...
If I can counter every single strat, I wouldn't play WC at all.

Batriders are great. Suicide, and Wyvs/HH/Shams etc pick 'em off easily.

You need to take a risk on what the opponent you're guessing didn't take. If it's wrong, regroup and start again differently. It's a little harder though in FT with the teching and all but still.....

You sound like no strat is good. I used to smack people with mass Chims when I got bored and ruin bases. Then I can waste time getting a real army up. That was good, but hey, it had counters as well.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
You can counter every strat... How lame would WC3 be if you couldn't? If you know what your enemy is getting, there are always units to match it or beat it...

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You definitely can counter every strat! Why the fudge would you play WC3 if you couldn't. All everyone would do is go that ONE strat and you can't beat it and everyone will go that one race and eventually won't it get boring? And to mention about that meatshield+hero+aa+casters... that is quite a lot to get. And you need to spread them really thin. Instead of having 8 grunts and 4 tauren with a hero you have 2 grunts 2 tauren and a hero + support. I don't know which one I'd rather have.

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well in FFA alot, a NE player goes mass chims and dotts/hippos. how they @#$% do you counter that!?!?!
at the end of a game I had 100 food maxed and waiting for them to attk cause he cleared out all the other bases, had like 25 zerkers,5 grunts, 1raider, 1 wind ryder, 4 shamans, and 2 WD.
he had lvl 10 potm lvl 10 dh and lvl 5 pit lord, with maxed chims and hippos. he raped me......

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes it CAN be countered. Not by what you had. How about you go aa for the dott / hippos and throw in some air to air. Have everything kill the dott / hippos first then it's easy picking. every race has stuns so use them for starfall. BTW, if he had all those heroes (you can't creep that high) and you didn't... gg