O~ best Combo of units

What is the best Combo of Units for Orc?

• grunts, tauren, shamans

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • mass casters with a few grunts

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • wind riders with shamans

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • mass head hunters

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
heh... i keep changing... so there isnt such thing as a best combo since all can be countered... scouting is of course the key to it... before deciding which strat to use

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
None of those sound nice. If it's TFT you're missing Batriders and Beserkers. If it's RoC you need a Wyv or Raider in there somewhere.

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WITH THE HEADS i ment that u get teh up for berserkers and this is TFT not ol' school RoC.

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
you don't exactly have a good combo in the options above so i didnt really vote...

1. grunts shamans taurens are owned easily by air... no doubt abt it

2. mass casters n grunts... plz refer to the above comment

3. wind riders and shamans... u get owned by pure piercing... no doubt abt it

4. mass headhunter u get owned by melee... no doubt abt it either

for an orc right now... the right way to go is... meatshield + hero + AA unit + spellcaster

as for the AA unit part... itx multi purpose... in the horde... itx ranged units have high damage but low hp... so there goes the meatshield... to absorb your damage... the moment your aa units are attacked run... let ur meatshield run in front... in the horde i usually recommend grunts as meatshield... thought a tauren or 2 can be a real pain in the ass with the fact now there is healing wave... (YES!!!) and lastly spellcasters... also easily trashed... shuld be make sure the grunts are healthy...

tt is truly a combo for the orcs... though not always foolproof... it is pretty hard to counter if u have the right microin skills...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's actually quite cheap. I mean, it follows relatively one upgrade path. It doesn't take long to get up to scratch with that.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. wood hasn't become more valuable. the townhalls wood cost went up, but it is not like it went up for everything else. it was reduced for other things.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i keep it simple. i start out with a bunch of headhunters. once i hit tier2 i build a bunch of catapults. once i hit tier3 i upgrade them both. once i have berzerkers and fire damage i roll his base over. if that doesnt work i come back with casters mixed in. i really like catapults in tft. they clear out your enemie's gold harvesting capability like nothing.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh ya i forgot to mention that you have to rule and own if you want to be any good with orcs

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
duh it breaks my heart when i see n00bs who dont no how to u orcs i little piece of me dies :'( lol no seriously if you use orcs its a unwritten rule as huttbole said that you have to won and kickass. Also huttbole wtf with your icons its gay

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
raiders/throlls/shaman a hell of a combo

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Originally posted by havocidal
you don't exactly have a good combo in the options above so i didnt really vote...

1. grunts shamans taurens are owned easily by air... no doubt abt it

2. mass casters n grunts... plz refer to the above comment

3. wind riders and shamans... u get owned by pure piercing... no doubt abt it

4. mass headhunter u get owned by melee... no doubt abt it either

All you did was name the things that can counter those combos... Every combo can be countered by something so does that mean there are no good strats?

Why does everyone like Batriders so much, they blow if you have any AA at all...