Nukes

R[s]T

Custom This.
Reaction score
wheres the fallout, y is the range so damn small? how much damage does it do?

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
doens't have a fallout (stupid ppl forgot to PUT in the radation)
b/c terran technology sucks

but packs a wallop

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it does between 1000 and 500 damage depending on how direct the hit it (Even if the red dot is slightly to the side some damage is deducted). To increase the range click on the covert ops attatched to the science facility and upgrade the ghost sight range. This will increase your nuking range in turn.

Caiman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The last I heard, It does exactly 500 damage or 2/3 of whatever (whichever is greater) at the center, decreasing ******ds. So if something had 1500 hp, it would deal 1000, but if it only had 600 hp, then it would deal 500 damage.

The range is slightly larger than your ghost's unupgraded max range and slightly smaller than your ghost's upgraded max range.

Wouldn't it be great if everything was insta-irradiated when u nuked ?
Terrans sure do love big explosions, don't they? That's why protoss suck.. bluish white energy balls just don't cut it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The Nuke does a minimum of 500 Hit points Damage or 2/3s damage, whichever is greater. The damage a nuke does tapers off as the targets get further away from ground zero, the impact area. In other words, the further away units and buildings are from the impact area, the less damaged they will be.

One nuke will kill most units (Battlecruisers with full hit points will survive with hit points equal to its armor level). Two nukes on the same target will kill all buildings, many buildings will survive a single Nuke Strike. If only one Nuke is available, it is best used against units. If two are available, go for buildings. Terran Supply Depots are vulnerable to a single Nuke hit, so a good strategy might be to Nuke a collection of Terran Supply depots, to preventing them from building more units.

If you happen to Lockdown a number of units in a small area, consider using a Nuke to finish them off.

Nukes work very well in clearing out collections of Towers, and defenses such as Bunkers and Siege Tanks.

Burrowed Zerg units receive no protection against Nukes.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yea i know why should i copy and paste from a site *cough*right here*cough* when i can type it up word for word :rolleyes

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Eek. No wonder you knew so much. You were scaring me there, old chap. Well, at least you cheated.:p[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Caiman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you talking about me? Or Wing Zero ?

I didn't cheat. This is all from my killer almost but not quite working on it photographic memory.

Few more notes...It is cost effective to lockdown a carrier or battlecruiser and nuke it... so locking ten of them with 5 ghosts is certainly not a bad move.

Any building with less than 500 hp will get destroyed, remember this. Also, the damage dropoff is not very great as the circle gets bigger... So.. to give you an example, someone had two columns of 5 supply depots (10 total) and i took out all of them with just one nuke.

Be creative ! Remember, a nuke is great in that it can wreck anything left behind, so setting off a nuke among his workers will prevent him from getting any minerals until it hits even if none of them actually die. Or if for some reason you need to move a large line of siege tanks somewhere else.

Remember the range of your nuke, so if your ghost is just barely out of your base and at maximum range, you are fine.

If for some reason you don't want to target an enemy unit, just send in a cloaked wraith (or something) and target that, and move it away after the dot has appeared.

A bunker hit by a nuke will be instantly destroyed, but the people inside will emerge without a scratch (in a neat little square too !)

If you have two nuclear silos and you aren't burning money on anything else, then just constantly build nukes the second one is launched. 1 problem is with this is that, while the first nuke is landing and the second is being built, you will need 16 free supply depot slots instead of 8. You can get off at least 5 nukes with just one ghost in this manner.

Remember, just because it isn't cost effective doesn't mean it was a bad move. Nukes aren't that expensve anyway.

One question: do shields count as part of the building's health? For example, if I were to EMP a Stargate and nuke it, would it be destroyed?

MinhThai123

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i use ghost alot and, on regular map , i usually have alliealert 3.2 which dont have the map hack . I got about 1 nuke in 7 min and 2 in 9 with defence ofcorse. One nuke will never do nothing, use atlist 2, the damage cause my the 2 will mutiply the damage . Scan the area first 5 second after the ghost launch.