Nezeramontias vs Patch 1.11

L

Laharl

Owing the seemingly popular interest I made this spiffy new thread to compare the advantages and disadvantages over each.

Nezeramontias: More diversity, less blatently overpowered unique charms and runewords. More skills, and new item types.

Patch 1.11: Larger player base, and generally easier to hit level exp and skills. Weaker monsters, and "Hellfire Torch" which is quite overpowered.

Discuss.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
~Closed by request.

Opened by request.

L

Laharl

List of fire ele sorcs in Nezeramontias:
Enchant sorcerer/summon hybrid,
Enchant sorcerer, quill rat,
Enchant sorcerer, werebear,
Inferno/firewall hybrid sorc,
Meteor/fireball sorc,
Hydra sorceress,

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i might say nez mod b/c it is making ge back to d2

L

Laharl

For me it's just that there are new things to discover and experiment with. Patch 1.11 simply has run out of potential.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
some one link me to it :(

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
some_other_website said:
so i recently got interested in playing nezeramontias again after a VERY long break from it, and i started a barbarian, using two swords. this made my eventual goal very clear to me:
duel-wielding double ultima weapons.

now this is good and everything, but recently i've been having troubles with socketing them: namely, what to put IN the darn things.

normally an ultima weapon has 19 lines of text:
two name/class lines
seven statistics lines
ten magical property lines

why does this matter? six sockets, obviously.
i'm not exactly sure how many lines an item can have before it crashes, but my latest setup has _39_ lines of text : only one of these is NOT a magical property (weapon class and speed...)

so if 11 lines on these swords are original to the weapon, i can add roughly _28_ lines by souls / jewels / runes etc.

following me so far?

now two of these sockets are already decided:
* a ZOD run (indestructable, so make that _27_ lines)
* a perfect tanzanite (+4 barb skills, +25% enhanced damage, +42 str, which takes us to _24_ available lines)

so i need five souls/runes/whatever totalling 24 lines of text.
normally i'd use a razor-spine (hell), a hepasto (normal) and a phase knight (hell) soul combination to increase speed, my emergancy-use quilrat skill and conviction / amplify damage spells.

why do i want to change? because amplify damage isn't going to be enough to beat the physical immunes in kagero, and i'd rather use decay scream. and razor spines are ok, but i prefer using whirlwind / omnislash.

so, my "challenge" (or humble begging) to you all is to suggest a few things i can stick in my swords to make their potential as good as i am going to manage... i know i COULD stick izual-hell souls on, but i don't see the point because conviction does nothing to physical immunity AFAIK.

let's see your knowledge/skills on this matter, please?
If you note the: a perfect tanzanite (+4 barb skills, +25% enhanced damage, +42 str) etc etc, he is talking about putting it into a 6 socket sword along with a zod rune...... OK so how is a +20 skilled sword with +210 str (if he were to put 5 more into it) not severly overpowered compared to say ebotd or grief?

So maybe it takes a +20 skill sword or some combo like he listed above to live in the world of nezmod, put that sword in d2 LOD 1.11 and who would bother with anything else? I'm not bashing Nez mod or anything here since I have yet to play it however from reading about it on its main website you can not compare these two completely different things to each other.

L

Laharl

It's able to compete, and it has it's own strengths. He would, quite literally, do crap damage.

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
the_same_place said:
If you know a limit for the recipes that add atributes to normal (aka white) rings/amulets, post and i'll add it here.

So far, the listed maximums:

-Plus To all skills: +31

-Fast Hit Recovery: 235%

-Damage enhancement(%): 511%

-Plus Minimum damage: 255

-Elemental damage per level: 2953/750 per level

edit: Reached the limit on + all skills
Alright then what about this one? Screw the 6 socket sword what about 2 crafted rings and an ammy like this? +93 to all skills? Even just 1 is amazingly high by closed bnet standards.

Upon some more research it seems that you're right about that barb trying to use a 6 socket sword for all those +skills, however; I'm also finding that a sorc or other non melee class can do this and not be handicapped by the lack of damage output. 170k diablo's fire etc, running a hell cow level making 200 mil gold and buying +skill books.

In comparison It's apparant that nezmod just like closed bnet has ways of beating the system and getting amazing damage outputs/unkillable/godly characters its just a balance issue just like with any other game of this type. Anything that can be exploited or used for an advantage or to make your player better you are going to take advantage of it, just because it's there.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like the look of a lot of the ideas in the mod. Is there a nez server?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
There is a server, but it isn't active at the moment. I have patch 1.10 installed for it, I can lend you the installation files. I like Nezmod because its unique and it is actually fun fighting the new monsters and using the new spells. Plus you can learn them all, up to 99. Also, Battle.net D2 bores me!

Although the items are "broken" and duping is able to be done in TCP/IP gaming, it is a difficult challenge. You need to be super powerful to do challenges like the new improved Cows, Sewers Level 2, Infernal Pit, or even Kagero Dungeon and the horrors of the Gauntlet!

However, me and some of my friends (Dream_walker, BFH, Starsoft, and our friend Heff, soon Wing Zero) are making games via IP/TCP. Join us if you wish :).

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well iw as going to try it out but from what im seeing the only download for it is on file[planet, and its asking me to pay a monthly fee for an account.

L

Laharl

My d2 char has long lost his ability to teleport (In Diablo form now), but has great hp and the ability to turn human using a skill to buff himself. My spells are just mean. :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
DragnMatter, I can supply you with the files... :)

L

Laharl

If you ever need an xfer on tcp/ip I'm your man. Completely trustable in that I don't NEED the items. ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Excellent, now I don't have to rely on Starsoft. Plus, I already got your IP via Staff Member IP checking.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
How big is the download file for the mod? I'd like to download it and play around a bit, but don't really want to sign up for file planet either.

L

Laharl

It's not too big. I can't remember the site to download off fileplanet without logging on :(

Edit: I'm at school and at home my IP is dynamic.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
SOME OEN BE A DEAR AND HOST IT ON RAPID SHARE :)

****ign caps lokcs