Nezeramontias vs Patch 1.11

Discussion in 'Diablo II' started by Laharl, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Laharl

Laharl Guest

Owing the seemingly popular interest I made this spiffy new thread to compare the advantages and disadvantages over each.

Nezeramontias: More diversity, less blatently overpowered unique charms and runewords. More skills, and new item types.

Patch 1.11: Larger player base, and generally easier to hit level exp and skills. Weaker monsters, and "Hellfire Torch" which is quite overpowered.

Discuss.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Member!

~Closed by request.

Opened by request.

3. Laharl

Laharl Guest

List of fire ele sorcs in Nezeramontias:
    Enchant sorcerer/summon hybrid,
    Enchant sorcerer, quill rat,
    Enchant sorcerer, werebear,
    Inferno/firewall hybrid sorc,
    Meteor/fireball sorc,
    Hydra sorceress,

4. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    i might say nez mod b/c it is making ge back to d2

5. Laharl

Laharl Guest

For me it's just that there are new things to discover and experiment with. Patch 1.11 simply has run out of potential.

6. Wing Zero

Philly
    some one link me to it :(

7. Laharl

Laharl Guest

It can be found here: nez.game-host.org

8. dNiym

dNiym Member!

If you note the: a perfect tanzanite (+4 barb skills, +25% enhanced damage, +42 str) etc etc, he is talking about putting it into a 6 socket sword along with a zod rune...... OK so how is a +20 skilled sword with +210 str (if he were to put 5 more into it) not severly overpowered compared to say ebotd or grief?

So maybe it takes a +20 skill sword or some combo like he listed above to live in the world of nezmod, put that sword in d2 LOD 1.11 and who would bother with anything else? I'm not bashing Nez mod or anything here since I have yet to play it however from reading about it on its main website you can not compare these two completely different things to each other.

9. Laharl

Laharl Guest

It's able to compete, and it has it's own strengths. He would, quite literally, do crap damage.

10. dNiym

dNiym Member!

Alright then what about this one? Screw the 6 socket sword what about 2 crafted rings and an ammy like this? +93 to all skills? Even just 1 is amazingly high by closed bnet standards.

Upon some more research it seems that you're right about that barb trying to use a 6 socket sword for all those +skills, however; I'm also finding that a sorc or other non melee class can do this and not be handicapped by the lack of damage output. 170k diablo's fire etc, running a hell cow level making 200 mil gold and buying +skill books.

In comparison It's apparant that nezmod just like closed bnet has ways of beating the system and getting amazing damage outputs/unkillable/godly characters its just a balance issue just like with any other game of this type. Anything that can be exploited or used for an advantage or to make your player better you are going to take advantage of it, just because it's there.

11. CelestialBadger

CelestialBadger Retired Staff

I like the look of a lot of the ideas in the mod. Is there a nez server?

12. ChrisH36

ChrisH36 Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    There is a server, but it isn't active at the moment. I have patch 1.10 installed for it, I can lend you the installation files. I like Nezmod because its unique and it is actually fun fighting the new monsters and using the new spells. Plus you can learn them all, up to 99. Also, Battle.net D2 bores me!

Although the items are "broken" and duping is able to be done in TCP/IP gaming, it is a difficult challenge. You need to be super powerful to do challenges like the new improved Cows, Sewers Level 2, Infernal Pit, or even Kagero Dungeon and the horrors of the Gauntlet!

However, me and some of my friends (Dream_walker, BFH, Starsoft, and our friend Heff, soon Wing Zero) are making games via IP/TCP. Join us if you wish :).

13. Dragnskull

Dragnskull Retired Staff

Humble, Texas
    well iw as going to try it out but from what im seeing the only download for it is on file[planet, and its asking me to pay a monthly fee for an account.

14. Laharl

Laharl Guest

My d2 char has long lost his ability to teleport (In Diablo form now), but has great hp and the ability to turn human using a skill to buff himself. My spells are just mean. :)

15. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    DragnMatter, I can supply you with the files... :)

16. Laharl

Laharl Guest

If you ever need an xfer on tcp/ip I'm your man. Completely trustable in that I don't NEED the items. ;)

17. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    Excellent, now I don't have to rely on Starsoft. Plus, I already got your IP via Staff Member IP checking.

18. CelestialBadger

CelestialBadger Retired Staff

How big is the download file for the mod? I'd like to download it and play around a bit, but don't really want to sign up for file planet either.

19. Laharl

Laharl Guest

It's not too big. I can't remember the site to download off fileplanet without logging on :(

Edit: I'm at school and at home my IP is dynamic.

20. Wing Zero

Philly
    SOME OEN BE A DEAR AND HOST IT ON RAPID SHARE :)

****ign caps lokcs