New concept needed for D3

Turnbackwise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only logical thing for Bizz to do when developing D3 would be to let you play at the Other Side, by this I mean since the Worldstone have been destroyed and the borders that keep hell from this world have become fragile, you should be able to play as a member of the flaming hordes of hell. Just imagine playing like an oblivion Knight or Venom Lord or Skeletal mage (anyone played warhammer, Nagash Nagash Nagash!!)

Turnbackwise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
T further extend this storyline we can spin further on the theories goin on that Tyrael would be bad, so another character to play as could be Fallen Angel, kinda like Necro wich is a bit on the dark side but still wants to kick baalbutt, then the fallen angel with cut of wing would be playable.

And imagine, killing God in Act 7 or whatever :D .... I REALLY hope blizz is going for this.....

Turnbackwise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just read my two previous posts and saw that they were a little bit confusing, my point IS: In D3 you'll be playing as a member of hell's hordes, finghting to conquer hell. Now what do you think about that?

Turnbackwise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
alright alright, maybe I got a little bit overenthusiastic, I know there's no god actually mentioned, but first things first, I'm not religious at all, I don't see why it could be a great idea to kill say the God or the Angel Superior or whatever, since the series isn't located in our world I don't consider it to be a Religious offence of any kind, I mean it's just a game....

But still what are your opinions on my main thread, wouln't it be cool to play at the dark side for once?

Think of the possibilities, say that in one act you have to go to the Amazon islands and kill the matriarch, go to the Ancient temples of the sorceresses (or wherever they live), go trough the woods in search for the Master Druids Oak Staff.

I dont want D3 to be just a repeat of what you've already done, If you have any Ideas on this please post, I'd love to have a discussion on the subject

///Alex, from sweden

janarda

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well i dont get the plot on diablo worldstone (maybe i should rewatch everything) but i think being a like evil guy like dialbo baal etc whatever would be cool or whatever

J

Johoseph

About that killing God part, I am christian and this may sound very, very wrong. So be ready for that.

But if you are to kill the greatest of all evils in one game, is it totally unrational to be able to kill the greatest of all goods in another game?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Johoseph
About that killing God part, I am christian and this may sound very, very wrong. So be ready for that.

But if you are to kill the greatest of all evils in one game, is it totally unrational to be able to kill the greatest of all goods in another game?
im sorry but i have to say it. i hate christians. i hate all religious ppl for that matter. i think its a copout for the truth.

christian religion is based on 2 things, fear and ignorance. if you dont believe in christ you are going to burn in hell for all eternity. Thats fear, thats how they make sure you believe. They (The church) makes sure you are not informed of possible conflicting views. That is why entertaining these views is a sin. fear and ignorance. it's the building block of cults and religions alike. a religion is just a big cult.

the truth is. that the only reason ppl believe in a "god" is because they fear death. they need to believe that they will goto a place after they die where their "soul" will still live on forever, and they will be re united with all their loved ones from the mortal realm. well i hate to break it to you. BUT ITS A LIE! when you die your dead for good. thats it. no soul. no god. no heaven, no reincarnation, no nothing. just the abscense of everything. im sure its a concept that most ppl just cannot grasp. but just like most ppl cant grasp infinity, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. the universe always has been. and always will be. no one created. no one can or will ever destroy it. "matter cannot be created nor destroyed. only changed".

Seks

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
People have religions for hope.

To live your lives knowing in the end there is something else.

Since when are you an authority on what happens after you die?

I think you need to learn how to respect other peoples religions, you're a minority. A minority that believes in nothing, an athiest. Your opinions do not matter because the majority disagrees with you. You're just a little man with a petty opinion based upon no facts.

Personally I'm not afraid of death. I know its an inevitable chapter of life. But to say its all a lie just makes you look stupid.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im not afraid of death either.

and no i dont have any facts about what happens when we die. but neither do any of them or you.

christians believe cause they say that have a book. a book writen by cultists 400 YEARS after the death of christ. their is no written documentation of christ. it was all passed down word of mouth for 400 years. you ever play that game where you tell someone next to you something. pass it around a circle of 15ppl and see what you get when it comes back to you. now multiply that by 10,000. thats what the bible is. also half of the bible was torn out by king james about 800 years ago.

oh and another thing. jesus was not burried. he was left on the cross and eaten by wild dogs. cause thats how the romans crusified ppl. look it up if you dont believe me. why in the world would the romans want to make a morter out of jesus? they wouldnt. they never took him off the cross. he died and rotted on that cross and was picked apart by scavenging animals.

the muslums prey to the east. you knwo what their praying to? a meteor. thats right about 10 years ago some scientists were allowed to go inside the temple that they all prey twards and its just a giant metoer that crashed into the desert about a thousand years ago.

the jews are just ex slaves of the egyptions. remember moses? "let my ppl go"? that was the jews. isnt it ironic that after 2000 years they finally went back and took over the land that they all used to be slaves in. jews basically believe the same as christians except for the fact that jesus is not the son of god. and do you know why they dont believe that? because they were told the son of god would give them their country back. well guess who gave them their country back? USA did. so is the USA gods son now?

in the end no one really knows what happens. but i dont pretend to believe in these fairy tails to make me feel better untill we do know. i will believe in nothing untill something is PROVEN to exist.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Note ** THe Slave theory in Egypt Im sure has Proven there was No Jew Slaves and there was PROBLY no Mass number of Slaves at All Just a Comunity That Worked and Got WELL FED and had Free Places to Sleep. <Ive seen this in Many Times in different way on the discovery chnl =)>

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
same here i watched d channel and history civilization all summer but the truth is pretty blunt there is no higher power if we spend our lives warshiping a false god we could lose almost 1/2 of our lives and thats more then im willing to waste even if it is the only way some ppl can live beliving that there is a better life ahead of them in the after life!

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
As for the new concept what about if the barrier breaks and hells minions make it to our universe then thay could fight (the whole world ) agenst the minions of hell to try and keep there freedom!

J

Johoseph

I really don't care if you hate christians or not. Its not really a practiced belief to me, more of an inheritance. My parents are christian so that makes me christian. Haven't really been into church in the past 4 or 5 years. I don't really have a religion, just what they say i have.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johoseph

Well, to put in my ideas, Diablo is not the devil in that game. just a demon, no one said he was THe devil and just a demon who has gay brothers. and as for killing god, there is no way to kill a god, and even if u could in some gay diablo story line, no one would play it except cults and shit. ppl like Aris for exampl would take pleasure in destroying something people spend there whole lives believing in, even though they know he might not exist, they know that the thought of his good keeps people going. and if blizzard did make you killing god, no one would realy think the game is good. Being Evil charaters is fun to a point, but it soon becomes extremely bad taste in ideas.

"let my ppl go"?
wasn't it "Let my people Go!!"

As a side note, this is my first post in the diablo forms, since like july, if not, i might have never posted here, im just that damn bored.

Seks

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats great, its Diablo 2, there is no defined religion, its just good prevails over evil.