Need orc help plz

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
right now, until i get wc3, im playing the onlile demo (plz dont laugh :p ) and u can only be orc... so could some1 give me some good 1v1 orc strats?

-thx

-seph

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Bloodlusted Raiders work well. Just pump out Grunts and HH for a quick splash while teching, then bring out the big guns. Don't use Taurens.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thx, are HH's headhunters? and why not use tauren? ive started liking wyverns for killing off their peons every 5 min.

-Seph

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well taurens can live forever now with the new spirit walker- and theyre arguably the most powerful melee unit in the game with pulverize and very high HP- theyre amazing in team games as meat to protect casters, and the spirit walker's spell ancestrial form makes them ressurect with full HP- if you still think they suck with all that TFT added to help them become amazing melee units, then you must just be a bad orc player.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only ways that ive seen to counter tauren was in my game yesterday my partner was human and went mortar and sorc for some reason and i went mass frosties late in the game :) he pollied his taurens i killed the walkers and then killed the tauren piece of cake

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Originally posted by Electroduende9
well taurens can live forever now with the new spirit walker- and theyre arguably the most powerful melee unit in the game with pulverize and very high HP- theyre amazing in team games as meat to protect casters, and the spirit walker's spell ancestrial form makes them ressurect with full HP- if you still think they suck with all that TFT added to help them become amazing melee units, then you must just be a bad orc player.
u know nth abt speed man... which is all that matters in rts games... yes taurens r good... i admit... they haf high hp high armor... but have u ever spare a thought abt the time n food? besides many spells can screw a tauren real bad... sorcs slow... n undead cripple totally kills a tauren over... n any air unit can take it with ease... n what the pt if u have your ancestral spirit? how long will it take... remember u have to research to master training for ur spirit walker... as well as tech n get ur totem... do some calculation itx gonna take a pretty long time... n if u r doing straight tech... there goes ur base...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
once again, this is a team strategy, as i mostly play 3v3 AT+RT games where you have 1 person get meat, another get air (which orc never should have to do) and a final get either casters or AA, pending on the race or opponents races (no shamans against humans any more), which i have also done with success- anyone who goes 1 type of units a whole game in solo is a retard, ill give you that- but anyway... buffs dont affect taurens at all any more because of disenchant, and the teching really isnt that bad if youve planned it all out- after a few tries it comes a lot easier than it sounds

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
RT is all luck press play and play if thats what your playing.I quit RT you hit lvl 10 and its a roller coaster between lvl 8 to 12

EDIT: if you have nothing to help him with then dont post

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
all this talkin abt strat refers to 1v1... in RT games... it depends on luck and the kind of allies u get

solo is the only way to see one's skills not RT

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually your wrong

because wut if ur partner gwets disconnected in rt or u face a higher level then u like really higher that doesnt show skill to beat him?? ehh try facing a level 12 solo and 2levels 8's and beating them then u can talk

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well said warg- i really dont think that playing RT makes you a bad player- if thats what you think, play a team game with some people from E9 or something and youll see whats up- yes, luck is involved, but skill is also involved as facing a rush from 3 players is a lot worse than facing one from a single opponent

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have to agree it takes people skills to work a good game in RT and u ned to be familar with a type of unit: melee, caster, air, etc.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
well... u meet all kinds of ppl in rt... there are stubborn ones who do noob tacts... there r pro ones who work well... there r noobs who stock 2k in their coffers with hardly any units being built...

u really need alot of luck...

there are days where i get total noobs as allies... with stats of 10 wins 80 loss... and days where every ally i get is at least average and above...

i wished they change the scoring system thingie in bnet for RT games... with no exp loss to the ppl in losing teams but among the highest score like for example... in a 3v3 game... if u r in the losing team... but at the end of the game... u get in top 3 position... u do not lose exp... and if u get bottom 3 but u r in winning team... u do not gain any exp...

i feel that way is more fair... cuz i haf seen noobs gettin away by having good allies n winning... cuz right now in bnet... the matchup is based on levels... which aint very fair... but with the above mentioned system... u wun get things like level 9 noobs... itx quite a pissoff to see a big level 9 n they r so bad...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know whatcha mean. I often play 6v6 LAN games and I whack up everyone on points, but I often lose 'cos everyone piles the n00bs on me 'cos I'm too good for them. :D

The gold part is a little 'iffy' though. If you're good, few units should die and you can't tech forever, so you'll stockpile. But once you lose, you lose everything quickly and can't pump out stuff. More timing-like.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i couldnt agree more, havocidal- i hate it when you play a RT 3v3- which is what i generally play- and people dont tell you what theyre getting and you end up having 3 people getting melee or air or something and get whomped... or like you said, get what THEY want, not what would be good for the team... however.......

i think that the score thing is a bit rediculous... maybe in the 2/5 spots only 50% and the top/bottom 0%, but ive played games where id have my hero surrounded and die on a rush while my allies heros get up to lvl 5 or 6 while im still at 1 or 2, and right theres a difference of like 20k points... so i dunno- but maybe they should be a little touchier with the levels so that you CANT be level 10 or something with a sub-.500 record in RT games...

the only thing i hate more than playing with newbs (like lvl 1's and 2's- at least they listen to people who are level 8 and 9) is playing with people who are level 11 and 12, but are like 76-188... you think you have a good player, but he masses fairie dragons.......

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
id like to throw my 10 cents in about Rt games...

yes there is luck involved but equal luck is put into solo games...no person on this forum is good enough at warcraft to not use luck to their advantage...even in solo

yes RT may have more luck involved...but to me luck makes the games more FUN...to roll of the die, the luck of the draw..makes warcraft more FUN to play

and i think what a lot of ppl look past in warcraft is that its a game.haha its about fun ad its not fun to play solo and get a flag pole shoved up your ass...

to me i like AT, beecause i can play with ppl i know and have fun winning with and i like RT to hone my skills because everyone knows its more fun when you win...so lets not talk about how much more skilled somone is because they can win the same percentage in solo as someone else in RT

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've met seriously stupid n00bs before. One guy decided that it was nice to have 90/90 with 3 lv1 heroes and guard my base while I went killing..... I met up with 3 of my enemies who went Mass Archers, Shams and Ghouls, man that hurt.....

We lost.