Need An AT Strategy

doodlefolks

Reaction score
Anyone know a good double UD AT strat? I know double DK is awsome but I don't know what to do after that.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Well, me and my friend Fr0zenTh0rn fought 2 level 20+ ud with solo experience a few games back. They both went DK/Fiends, one of them later got aboms and tri hero, the other got fiends and dest for the team. The one getting aboms could also get necs if he wanted to. The Tri hero was a little strange, but it was annoying considering both of htem had DK/Lich. Except one of htem had panda, the other a pit lord.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
doodlefolks said:
Anyone know a good double UD AT strat? I know double DK is awsome but I don't know what to do after that.

This I saw in a pro replay some time ago:

DK + dreadlord and lots of ghouls. With vampiric, rod of necromancy and tons of ghouls the opponents can get easily overwhelmed, especially if they are NE or OC.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
Alright ill give you a double UD AT strat, one with my fave all time strat :) so here they are:

M0ta-Steroid Aboms
(named after my nick/self since i raped in so many games with these)

I use this strat myself:
One can go Aboms, DK & Dread, And two Necs maxed mana(upgradeable, you'll need it) Both heroes Must have the aura( i usually get aura second with DK, and Aura first with Dreadlord). Aboms i reccomend get armor first(maxed armor preferred, but getting aboms is still important) Make sure you get the Disease upgrade too. So,
your army shall have The two heroes (DK DL) 2 necs(ALL U NEED) and 8 aboms( fully upped kiks butt) the two auras has you know will
1) [DK] Unholy Aura regenerate life over time (lvl 3 regens. at a good pace)
2) [DL] Vampiric aura Makes units to regain HP with evry hit they make(melee) only
So this will make your aboms nearly UNSTOPABLE!
Remember the two Necs? Use them to cast Unholy frenzy in evry attk u confront(if you think its necessary) The unholy frenzy will:
Improve the attk Rate at the sacrifice of HP (though it only takes like 2-3 HP per second for 45 secs, not much of a diffrence when you have those two auras, remember?
Also since its just twelve units in total, you can micro em better. And if you think your Pwning, add some more stuff for the heck of it.
Another thing is, if you see Aboms falling like flies, GET THE FU** BACK, or youll end up loosing your heroes soon. If your opponent goes some air, make Fiends for webbing lol. Just remeber powerful air can eat your aboms, if ou think you cant handle it, call your partner for help.

For your opponent, or yourself, you can go a more tenacious but more cooler strat :

Air/ground-Heroe-base Raping Wyrms
This is serious teching, but not wonderfully hard, but it is time consuming but all worth. It is reccomended to go fiends-to wyrms or both.
Get DK, he will be your primary wyrm healer through out the game(lvl 3 Death coil is awesome at healing, also have Unholy Aura.) Start with fiends as you cc the map. Your goal is to get to tier3 has soon as possible, make sure you have lots of ghouls(preferrably 5-7) harvesting lumber. And get the nessary ziggurats early(it is annoying wen making the wyrms but have to wait for ziggs) Make sure you get there attk first, then armor. When you get to making the Wyrms, Make until you have 70 food(make sure you have 3 boneyards for this) If you have more than one expo, and think more is better, go for it. Rules for attking(and tips)
-Stay the **** away from mass heavy AA, its ok to pick them off, but make sure you do not loose a single wyrm.
-See a hero, kill it, most likely hell be dead before he can tele out of there
-Your opponent went air, go after them, but attk one air unit at a time, it is most likely he will do the same, so kill him off quik.
-If you see ground only melee units, kill then too, so your partner doesnt have to wrry about ground
-attking a base? go after any buiding that attks(guard towers for example), then if you have freezing breath (Make sure you upgrade it) attk all unit production buildings(just to freeze it not kill it), then go after main. Or if main is closer, kill that following by all workers.
-Again Dont loose a friggin wyrm, too many resources and time spent on creating just one, ill be ****ed up if your investment went to waste.
-Pwn all and take a minute dose of trashtalking ill be nice to brag lol.
-Tip if you wanna add on a few other units, go ahead, just dont let them intercept with the building of your Wyrm-army, just make sure you have the money for it.

If you think this will not work and want a more simpler strat, you can go all fiends(known as a cookie cutter but still effective). Simple but good. Make sure you upgrade Attk rather than armor, since fiends are range and THEY SHOULD NOT BE GETTING HIT. Also make sure you get alot of fiends, instead of concentrating on ups. YOu can also throw the CL or Lich in there, Cl more preffered for his beetles and impalement abilities. Also make sure you got the web upgrade, since this can mae short work of chims, instead of having your army wiped out by air(fiends do not attk air, but web and drag down there aerial foes) If you want to, make some Banshees for possesion and curse, that is if your not finished with the game yet since 2v2 AT games dont last long.

Both of these strategies compliment each other, and make sure you have some tier1 units for protection if you get rushed, place some ziggs around
your mine in defensive positions (make some spirit towers some nerubian towers, but not all since youll possibly waste money)for possible BM rush. And lastly use your ghouls if needed, thats what they are there for.
Hoped i helped, and for the pros, name out some tweaks(not grammatical) for me will ya.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
This I saw in a pro replay some time ago:

DK + dreadlord and lots of ghouls. With vampiric, rod of necromancy and tons of ghouls the opponents can get easily overwhelmed, especially if they are NE or OC.
Doesnt hurt to add that ghoul frenzy too. Ghouls have low hp, but if they attk faster, they get alot of hits in before they die. And if your gonna go DK, get unholy Pact, not worth the mana to heal ghouls since there ezily made, but hell there walking health potions lol.