NE strat guide - your opinions are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope many of you are aware that I did make a NE guide for BF awhile ago, but has been edited out because it was outdated.

Now I decided to remake it for each races, and every time I get portion of it finished, Im going to be posting in this thread, and you guys can suggest any changes, and I will consider it.

Here is first part of the guide, enjoy reading, and corrections would be helpful :)

Human
Humans, humans humans humans... as NE player, first that probly comes to your mind is rifles and mortars from those ugly bastards :p, well now, think about militias and footmen... rather whole lot easier target arent they? :lovedup

On 1v1, as NE, you shouldn't be thinking.. "Hmm ok human, so Im going lvl my hero up to 3 and then attack with mass hunts!" Because by then they will have mass rifles waiting for you.

So what should you do?

Well lets look here, Human, takes a while for them to build Blacksmith and Barracks at the same time in beginning of the game, and if they do that, they wouldn't have enough resources.

Lets look at our side, Hunter's hall + AoW, is do able, Hunter's hall isnt as expensive as Blacksmith... So here is my Simple build order against Humans.

[1]You start with 5 wisps, send 4 into Gold mines, and let the other one make Altar, and que 2 wisps from ToL.
[2]First wisp that comes out, makes moonwell, que more wisps.
[3]Fill up Goldmine, and send rest of wisps to the wood. Wisp that comes out of Altar gathers wood, the one that comes out from moonwell scouts. Now make Demonhunter from altar, rally him to enemy's base.
[4]The moment you have 100 wood, make hunter's Hall, and when you get 60 wood, make AoW, and moonwell when you have 40 wood, and another AoW when you get additional 60.. Including your DH, you shouldn't have more than 12 wisps in total (not counting the ones you made for 2 Ancient of Wars)
[5]Good, now your DH should be out, harassing enemy with manaburn, or creepjacking them (or try to). When dual AoW is complete, pump those hunts, rally them to your DH.
[6]I hope you're still making those hunts, just harass the shit out of those humans, if you see any thing building built, destroy it, you've got the speed, footmen dont. Also, make an Ancient of Protector in your base when you get some money.
[7]Now when you have enough huntreses (6~8), make glaive throwers to siege their base, now this is the turning point of the game, if your hero dies here, they will probly come with footies and rifles mixed at ya, so don't fail! ><
[8]You're pretty much done, if enemy's hero was Archmage or Bloodmage, he would've probly died 100 times, if it was Mountain King, he would've lived, but barely and without any mana. Good job :D However, secondary plan is always needed. When you have about 4 glaive throwers, tech your base to tier 2, and start making Druid of the Claws from Ancient of Lore, this of course is when you've failed the hunt + glaive thrower strategy in the beginning, You would probably creeping or trying to harass human while this is happening.

Equalizer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Great job! I'm looking forward to the next parts.
I've heard that it's better to build the Hunters Hall and the AoW at the same time, but I don't know if that's true.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to build them at same time.. but that doesnt really benefit you at all, I just like making hunter's hall before meh.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You and I can write a better neutral hero guide so you don't have it clogged up in your Night Elf strategy guide. You pick 4 heroes, I pick 4 heroes. If we do this, I will do Pit Lord, Fire Lord, Alchemist and the Tinker :).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I think someone needs to write an undead guide. aragons is really sucking.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
I think someone needs to write an undead guide. aragons is really sucking.
his is old, probly outdated now, and Im not an UD player, wanna write up quick one pan? :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I'll write orc according to the current version standards.

If any of you got a problem with that.... too bad :).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, this strategy would work if the human player kept on making footmen for some reason... But most games I play, all I see is riflemen and they rape hunts, dryads, and dotts. I just think that ranged units are highly effective against elves... Ironic eh? Also, there's a good chance the human player would be going AM with water elemental that does PIERCING damage, eating hunts up. Not only that, the WE has heavy armor which makes normal attacks weak against it. So this strategy only works if the human player mainly focuses on footmen.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Revelade said:
Yes, this strategy would work if the human player kept on making footmen for some reason... But most games I play, all I see is riflemen and they rape hunts, dryads, and dotts. I just think that ranged units are highly effective against elves... Ironic eh? Also, there's a good chance the human player would be going AM with water elemental that does PIERCING damage, eating hunts up. Not only that, the WE has heavy armor which makes normal attacks weak against it. So this strategy only works if the human player mainly focuses on footmen.
Ill grab some replays from replay sections so that you can see what I do, I use my scouting wisp to detonate on WE sometimes, but meh,

it still works because you're attacking as soon as your hero's out.

Fine, go dual lore if all fails

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Revelade said:
We are talking about writing the guides for the board with the guide links.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
against human, try out immolation power ^^
also bring 3 wisps with you while attacking, to detonate AM's mana and water elementals. worth it if you lose you DH, bcuz you will prolly have killed all his miltians, or u let the severely hurt. just dont let him get an arcane shop by harassing with hunts while you revive / heal ur dh.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
against human, try out immolation power ^^
also bring 3 wisps with you while attacking, to detonate AM's mana and water elementals. worth it if you lose you DH, bcuz you will prolly have killed all his miltians, or u let the severely hurt. just dont let him get an arcane shop by harassing with hunts while you revive / heal ur dh.
3's too much imo. 1 can do the job well done.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik_ said:
[3]Fill up Goldmine, and send rest of wisps to the wood. Wisp that comes out of Altar gathers wood, the one that comes out from moonwell scouts. Now make Demonhunter from altar, rally him to enemy's base.
You should also mention if you know where the enemy base is AND if there are more start locations to use a scout.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You should also mention if you know where the enemy base is AND if there are more start locations to use a scout.
Yessir, I guess I should've said that.

edit

well then again, I still think you should scout to see what unit/hero they're going with.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its important to scout. You always need to be on the move or you will lose just because you are unaware of what they are getting.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Its important to scout. You always need to be on the move or you will lose just because you are unaware of what they are getting.
Didn't I just say that?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You didn't include it with your build order. You are assuming either you know where your opponent is and/or its 1 on 1.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you have nothing for any sort of late game. perhaps planning ahead incase you do fail your rush?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You didn't include it with your build order. You are assuming either you know where your opponent is and/or its 1 on 1.
here you go

Code:
[3]Fill up Goldmine, and send rest of wisps to the wood. Wisp that comes out of Altar gathers wood, the one that comes out from moonwell [b]scouts.[/b] Now make Demonhunter from altar, rally him to enemy's base.
Yes I know Pan.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
maybe so that orc player doesnt beat ur rush then gets wyverns and taurens and pwns u hardcore

*cough* me *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.