NE~ne doomed in 1v1?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, just try to fight regular and micro, don't try to FF any of his units too soon, when you see them getting lower health(using ALT) you can start FFing his units one by one.

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ahh man..

This is bad news, lol. I've been FFin ever since I started playing wc...

So why would you have ur guys (basically) fight 1v1 w/ other units? I still don't see the advantage of that..

It seems to me like it would be wiser to have ur units work together to take out individuals in 3-4 seconds, then have each go head to head for much longer..

Sorry about being a newb, but I gotta learn sometime, hehe.

Thanks for the help so far Andrew.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Keebler_Elf
Ahh man..

This is bad news, lol. I've been FFin ever since I started playing wc...

So why would you have ur guys (basically) fight 1v1 w/ other units? I still don't see the advantage of that..

It seems to me like it would be wiser to have ur units work together to take out individuals in 3-4 seconds, then have each go head to head for much longer..

Sorry about being a newb, but I gotta learn sometime, hehe.

Thanks for the help so far Andrew.
I never said you had to fight your units 2v2 with other units, you just let everything attack regular without FF, but when you see one of your units being weakened you move him into the back of the group. Hold down alt to see the life of your opponent's units and if you see one or two with weakened life try to FF that one and kill it. Your opponent might back out or just keep fighting. You can always practice doing this and learn from your mistakes. :)

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, so you're saying to kind of just send my units in w/ the move command, and they will automatically attack, while you just sit back and micro out weakened units, while FFin on any weakened enemy units?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, so you're saying to kind of just send my units in w/ the move command, and they will automatically attack, while you just sit back and micro out weakened units, while FFin on any weakened enemy units?
Well, almost. Don't use the move command becuase they won't attack if they come in contact with any units. Use the attack command. You get a group, press a(hotkey), and click an area. They will run to the area you designate and attack any opponents in their range. And yes you micro out your weak units and FF on their units.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Cool, thanks man, This should help alot. Now just gotta get better at Micro, hehe

P.S. Is it true you're a bot?
He's a noob bot :D

When you focus fire on a full health unit it's a little obvious so they move the unit and if you spend even 1 second chasing that unit you put yourself at a huge disadvantage

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya, I just played a game w/ a mixture of Archs/Hunts to Dyads/Bear, and it was awesome. I'd send in my units w/ the attack button to the ground NEAR their units, then just observe w/ ALT, and pull out really weak units, and if an enemy unit was getting low on hp I'd have my hero and archs FF it (unless it was some weak unit like archer that was gonna die before I could even FF it) Is that right? Should I FF every low HP guy? Or only high HP guys like Taurens or MG's? Because if I got guys fighting an archer, and the archer is running low on health, wouldn't it be a lil extreme to have my whole army FF on one puny unit w/ 30hp left?

Another Noob Question:

I'm farely new to microing, so, when I pull out a low hp unit, should I completely pull it out to the sidelines (where it's not getting attacked) or pull it to the back and then have it attack someone (so it's not being attacked, it's just helping other units) or run the unit back to my wells, and then back to army? I'm guessing well one, but wanna be sure.

Oh, by the way, Theroy, whataya mean by Noob Bot? He's a Newbish Bot, or he is a bot intended for Noobs?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy is just jealous that I beat him like 4 times. And if you are near your base you should send your weakened unit to heal at your wells and then bring him to back to the battle. And you dont have to have your whole army FF on one unit, you can just send like 5 archers to FF and that should kill it while the rest of your army continues to fight.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
And I beat you like 12

I mean come on you don't even want to play me anymore cause you know you'd get owned again.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I'm sorry you're wrong. 1v1? or is your game still taped up in the basement hidden some where? or did your ram melt again?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
My RAM never melted, son. You have quite the imagination. Maybe you should play Socom 2. I'll even play with you. I would like to hear your voice.

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, by the way, Theroy, whataya mean by Noob Bot? He's a Newbish Bot, or he is a bot intended for Noobs?

Do you use some type of program to notify you when a post is made? Cuz you reply fast Andrew,

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I watch the forum main page to see whenever someone has replied in a certain forum. Then I go to the forum and post. It's cool! And I don't play war3, I just help people now.