NE~ne doomed in 1v1?

CrouchingTiger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ne doomed in 1v1?

i am a night elf player, and i have been tryin to solo lately. i am having a little bit of luck, but when i go up against undead and orc, they tear me apart. they rush me and i loose. hunts, archers, don't matter. even if i combo them i still get raped (yes i do focus fire my archers). if anyone has any suggestions, it would help..

THANX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Try the guide...

Otherwise .. Learn to micro.

I can put down 2-3 ghouls and a hasu dk with my warden alone ( 1-2 archers do help though but they come out during the fight against the enemy )

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
yeah dont stick with the hunt build unless there is considerably alot of room between bases (more time for you).

get like 3 archers and warden and dont forget shadowmeld and force them to fight in your base so you can use your wells and ancients as defense.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ur jus another noob

IMO hunt + archer is worst combo

hunt = ezily pwned by ranges

archer = VERY ezily pwned by melees

learn to micro, read some guides if u want, and practice.

and know what ur doing (BO, unit combos) per race.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive been playing NE for awhile... abut 110+ FT games and i don't seem to be making much major progress... ne1 wanna take me on as their "apprentace" and teach me in night elf lore?

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
teeheehee Mike you are a "doosh" bag.

on topic:
it also depends on what enemies you are against, if you choose to use hunts i wouldnt focus fire too much unless they have life nearing the red zone thats when you hit, otherwise you want your hunts to "spread" out the damage.
i really dont suggest going mass archer early on as its only use it to creep and is VERY vulnerable to attack from anything. stick to mass hunts until you reach tier2 and get ranged upg. and add in a mg or two.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CrouchingTiger
first of all, legand, its not my fault i have a life besides wc ok so stop bein a doosh bag... and the rest of ya, thanx for the advice
:( i must have had bad day or must have been tired..

anyways you can always refer to stickies first, have you tried them? or take alook at replays in other fourms and this forum.

and you will need good micro.. micro arenas is good pratice. (knowing what to kill, how fast, and when to kill)

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
ever just try another race? sheesh NE owns, i dont know what u thinkin about

P

Pokerchampofbabylon

Night elf are alright but arevery vulnerable in1v1 so i only use them in team games. I use Humans for 1v1 because they are a lot more prepared against rushes early on as they can use militia and can get hero and footmen out pretty fast.

vengeance902

Reaction score
Hey i am new here but a map that i like to do one on oe is the two maps where you have to hack your ways through trees to get at each other, i use night elves becuase u don't have to cut down trees and it bys you more time, and when your ready eat you way through the trees with your fore as well as ancient guardiens. and by the way does anyone know where i can get a map editor crack for frozen throne v.1.07.

thanks

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are any map editor cracks for 1.07, and I agree that it's cool that wisps can harvest without chopping trees because this is an advantage when you don't run out of trees and your enemy does, but they harvest only 5 wood at a time.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Vunurable in 1v1 they have the strongest tier 1 in the game you should be doing the rushes. Or tech either or.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have very good tier 1, so you can easily rush and use good micro to win.

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by noob_phucker

it also depends on what enemies you are against, if you choose to use hunts i wouldnt focus fire too much unless they have life nearing the red zone thats when you hit, otherwise you want your hunts to "spread" out the damage.
I'm a :nooob
I'm only lvl 8, but I gotta question. Why wouldn't you focus fire hunts? I pretty much focus fire everything I can.. :confused:

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Keebler_Elf
I'm a :nooob
I'm only lvl 8, but I gotta question. Why wouldn't you focus fire hunts? I pretty much focus fire everything I can.. :confused:
Are you talking about you as NE focus firing the other NE's hunts, or what?

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Andrew.
Are you talking about you as NE focus firing the other NE's hunts, or what?
I'm talking about having MY hunts FF enemy units. He said to spread the damage, I always thought it was smarter to take units out one at a time to eliminate them from dealing damage.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, hunts hit more than one target at a time, so if you just wait a bit you can start to focus fire on the weaker units, just not when you first start to battle.

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm...I'm confused...

So you're saying to not FF in the beginning and wait til someone is low on health the FF on that person? Why would that be more helpful that FFing one mob the whole time and moving to the next one?

Ugh, I think I totally masacred what you said, lol.