NE~Is the Night elf air good?

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Hippo riders, im not a big fan of anymore. 4 food for a unit with a relativly weak attack. I know their attack cooldown is a lil better than wyverns, but wyverns do more dmg AND have poison. The only time I make hippo riders is when i plan on having chims later. They are good for AA, because you can dismount and have 2 anti-air units

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Very true. Hippo riders are good for getting archers around quickly. Do you know what happens to archers when they get off of hippos that are damaged? It would be gay if they had full health, because then they could practically get two units in one.

G

gama-kichi

NE air is really good I reckon. usually I have like 6 hyppos, and a couple of dotc. if I see ppl mass air, usually I'll drop the 6 archer, coz it seems that hypos attack faster w/o the archer.

imo mass hyppos is only good if u know the enemy will fell for it.
i.e if one of ur hunt's owl spotted ur enemy carrying like 5
mountain giant. archer and hippo pops out pretty quickly,
esp. if u have 2 ancient for each. if u mass it too early they can
always think of a counter for ur strategy.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I made this interesting discovery that people in Northrend usually mass air.Whoever you play even whatever race-all mass air.

While in Azeroth it's much normal-air strat isnt used by so many ppl.
Hyppos mass is the best because it can stop all airs and to e certain extend-many ground

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I made this interesting discovery that people in Northrend usually mass air.Whoever you play even whatever race-all mass air.

While in Azeroth it's much normal-air strat isnt used by so many ppl.
Hyppos mass is the best because it can stop all airs and to e certain extend-many ground
It is definitely possible. I have NEVER played on northrend and I don't know. However, I do know that certain realms have different strategies that they like to use. Azeroth and Lorderon seem to develop the cheeses first, Northrend picks up on this and then Kalimdor figures it out later (because of language barrier).

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know why is that air strat?From starctaft of course and i get mad when somebody makes mass air.What is mass air in Northrend?

NE: Mass chims some dotts even without hyppos in some cases.
Human:Mass gryphs and only this no hawks no flying machines
UD:Mass frost wyrms,without even gargs
Orc:Mass wyverns without batriders only a FS below them and nothing else

And they need one anti-air micro and i doubt they will ever use this strat when they are owed several times.That's a noobish strat

DarkKnight

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by VBadGirl
ne air completely sucks..however the ne anti air pwns...except gargs..with those u deal with archers.
If there was no upgrades hippos own gargs once both upgraded yes yes gargs will own.But at the bigging no upgrades hippos win.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hippos are really good when massed. But personally i do not like to mass any one unit. Maybe because i play as UD and massing one units isnt the greatest idea, althought it has worked in the past with some people like swoopers(believe it was swooper) FFA mass necros. But then against Swooper is a great player.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by DarkKnight
If there was no upgrades hippos own gargs once both upgraded yes yes gargs will own.But at the bigging no upgrades hippos win.
Gargs own right when they come out of the crypt. They beat the crap out of hippos, and with vamp aura it becomes really onesided. It all has to do with upgrades, if the gargs and hippos are evenly matched with upgrades the gargs will win. Gargs also get stone form, which is really good if you can micro.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
back in the day when i played ne i used to mass archers and have a dh to take the brunt of the damage. when i got 5 archers i teched and then started making them like no one's business. i got 2 aow so i can get riders. i got to lvl 12 no problem in roc with dis strat. but im not sure bout tft lately.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
the DH isnt the best to use with archers as he's the only close-attack,melee hero with this strat.Better use kotg or potm they work well togethre with hyppos,archers

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Actually, the dh is good with mass archers cause he has a ton of armor and can take on some pretty powerful creeps early. Archers are so fragile, they basically need a tank hero, unless someone else is providing the tank in a team game.

Hippo riders kinda suck on tft, if you want to use archers they work well with mg's or dott now

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm i prefer not using air in NE... I think NE is better fit for anti air and all.. DH (tank), naga(forked), mg(tank) with dyrads(Slow poison) + some dott (support) + dotc (healing) + Faerie dragon would be ideal anti air. =/

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't bump old threads please. Chims and Hippos are easily beaten.