NE~Is the 'great' Chim extinct?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Is the 'great' Chim extinct?

All of RoC's Tier 3 units are used in strats to some extent; Gryphs are great, Taurens are strong and great shields, and FWs are great for wrecking havoc. The remaining unit? The Chimaera.

None of you, including me, seem to use the Chimaera at all besides splash it in. It seems to serve the only purpose to destroy buildings. They don't own Melee anymore, with Ranged popping up. They can't attack air either, and despite the fact NE can own Air with Dryads/DotTs/Archers/Hippos, the fact remains Chims pwn against it no matter what backup they have.

So, is the Chimaera dissolved in its own acid?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I thik the only thing that would make it usefull would make it attack air again. I mean it has a magic attack, and cant even hit dryads and stuff. pretty gay.

Yes I think it is extinct. Not like the frostwyrm which is very alive and kicking.

~edit~ Holdup, the frostwyrm is an undead unit, so how could it be alive and kicking... i confuse myself.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I rememebr them attacking air. I swear to you. either that or I was smoking something that day..

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hahaha me and pan argued about this in another post because blizzard said in the instruction guide chims can attack air. yet they never could. i lost maybe 4 games when i first started playing because i had no aa thinking chims could attak there air

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THINK STRAIGHT!

:madatu
I usally mass archers first den Updgrade and get Hippogriff and put archers on them as much as i can!

Den i upgrade and use Chimer'as so that the hippogriff protect the CHimera's and the chimaera attack Ground! n biuldins!

Try my technigue its Great!
When you mass theyre scared!
But when u do my last bit u'll com 1st on da ladder! just keep in mind to creep and train ur hero good!
When Mass Archers just keep one hero and when have Hiippo get anotha hero! my highest is

level 10 Demon Hunter
Level 8 Priestess of moon!

Just don;'t have Bad team mates or ur SCREWED!:shoot :shoot :

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh, styl3r, i have noticed that all 12 of your posts have been utterly useless, even for noobs.

nobody i have ever seen actually records the score they get in a game, let alone pays attention to them.

and why did you mention hippogryphs? this thread is about chimaeras, not hippos.

and your strat wont get anyone to be number 1 on the ladder, its lame, you gave no build order, no startegies, nothing.

Chimaeras are fine to use, just dont mass them, get like 3-4 and you have an effective ground annihilation army, with just them and a hero or 2.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by styl3r_azn_1
Oh yeah and beat my Score

154, 897!
268,000 on Ice Crown.

And please don't..... nvm.....

I wouldn't consider it anyway, since Orcs will pwn that so bad now, even Humans, and maybe Undead too. Sticking with air is suicide if countered.

M

Mythomane

chims+hippos

Using hippos with chims is a waste of resources when DotT are much better aa and an army of DotT is practically unstoppable with enough micro to cyclone the trouble units while the chims take care of the rest, a few hunts with dh as a meat shield. It hurts lots. I've never seen hippo's used effectively when dealing with other air units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faerie
Chims Suck get faeries ;)
faerie's have pisspoor damage, and health. they are easy to kill, and are an anticaster, not good unless the enemy has casters.

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for Teasing me!
i consider u being angry at me all da time!
wanna tip?
(Be NIce) and pplz will treat u NICE