More PS3 Information!

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Information taken from PS3 Message Boards.
  • PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live.(http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=247698)
  • PS3 will be a DVR.
  • It will be able to connect to the PSP.
  • There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US. (alot more then what people know about)
  • The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)
  • The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc.
  • The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further.
  • PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
  • PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities.
  • Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp.
  • The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks.
  • Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system.

They seem to believe the poster, but I'm not sure where he got this information. Someone look into it :( .

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, it's definatly going to cost 800+

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Beck said:
Information taken from PS3 Message Boards.
  • PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live.
  • PS3 will be a DVR.
  • It will be able to connect to the PSP.
  • There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US. (alot more then what people know about)
  • The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)
  • The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc.
  • The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further.
  • PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
  • PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities.
  • Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp.
  • The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks.
  • Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system.

They seem to believe the poster, but I'm not sure where he got this information. Someone look into it :( .

Thats alot of stuff we either didn't need to know becasue it is so vauge, or we already knew.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
pan said:
Thats alot of stuff we either didn't need to know becasue it is so vauge, or we already knew.
Who are 'we'? Not everyone tracks what is happening with a console everyday, and I'm sure a lot of people will find this information useful; note the actual thread this information was taken from and that it was 'dug' on www.digg.com.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
* PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live.
And we know this how? Ofcourse thier going to say it's better. Everyhing comes down to appearance now a days .

* PS3 will be a DVR.
The ****?

* It will be able to connect to the PSP.
So can the Xbox 360.

* There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US. (alot more then what people know about)
there is games in development? Who knew they would make games for it.

* The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further.
All vauge.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
pan said:
* PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live.
And we know this how? Ofcourse thier going to say it's better.

* PS3 will be a DVR.
The ****?

* It will be able to connect to the PSP.
So can the Xbox 360.

* There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US. (alot more then what people know about)
there is games in development? Who knew they would make games for it.

* The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further.
All vauge.
Amazing list, though still useful.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really don't give a shit about all of the media features, I buy the system to play games either online with friends or offline with friends. So I'm going to be paying for all of these extra features which are available to me on my computer.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
well, saving 700$ on a system by buying a revolution rather than a PS3 might be a good idea.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not gonna be over $500, lmao.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I hate Nintendo. I'll probly end up buying the low-end ps3 with as little features possible.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
ReiGn said:
It's not gonna be over $500, lmao.
Hah. That's a laugh. Good luck with that.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
:butterfly

Wait till end of feb, Maybe Sony will finally announce the price in their PlayStation Meeting.

And it will not be over $500.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It won't be over 450$. They always sell consoles at a loss, and then make the money up through various things(Games).

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
One more reason is that they want to stay competitive with the price. if they launch $3523532 more than the 3shitty no one's gonna buy it. Plus rev will be cheap. It's really simple actually. Sony can afford to take a loss.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Revolution will be 200 dollars. It was confirmed today.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Sony actually CAN'T afford to take a huge hit like you guys are projecting them to be able to.

I wish someone else around here know about technology, and not just gaming. It would make it a lot easier, so I didn't have to explain the same thing every goddamn time you morons say that it's going to be under 400.