Melee Sorc

Reaction score
Website
www.overtonetuts.tk
ok im not sure, but IF the masteries work with elemental damge other than your skills, then you should use a bstar.

EDIT: o yeah and using a bstar gives you the option to use a sheild so dex would help. and plus the 200% bonus to ar wont hurt either

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
But runes look better than gems in sockets :p

EDIT: You probably could have found a rare jewel with lots of res.

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
LoL, I've read this 3d and I've decided to try some experiments about the melee sorc.

First, I want to post 2 very interesting (or funny? :D ) screens.

Screen 1 - Sorc pwnz with Poison Nova (BoTD effect)

Screen 2 - A very cool BoTD eth Archon Staff

This screen's language is Italian, cuz I'm Italian.

This Archon Staff's stats are the same of any BoTD weapon, so I won't post a translation of all the properties here. Just check it on the Arreat Summit.

The three +3 skills of the Staff, as EEX wished to make, are: +3 to Thunder Storm, +3 to Enchant and +3 to Shiver Armor.

Now, some serious considerations about this build (tested at Hell).

1. Because of the lack of a shield, You need a very good armor with hi defense and resists. Otherwise, you need an armor with damage reduction, like shaftshop.
2. With that Archon Staff, you will be doing massive life leech, so don't worry, when thinking of your gear, to wear too many leeching items. They aren't needed. ;)
3. An Annihilus will help A LOT. +resists and attributes are very good for this sorc. And the +1 to all skills is a very nice bonus.
4. You need to boost your attack rating A LOT. With about 150 dex, at Hell you will hit nearly nothing if you don't have enough attack rating bonus items or anything else to lower / ignore target's defense.
5. You need a lot of +life / vita items or charms. Think of it.

Finally, I've noticed a strange fact about Enchant.

With maxed Enchant, Warmth and Fire Mastery, and the +3 from the staff, a level 23 Enchant should add to the weapon 640-817 fire damage.

Before casting Enchant, in my Character panel the damage listed was 1854-2214.
After... the damage has become 3537-4362.
I had 230 strength.

How can this strange and massive increase in damage (after enchanting the weapon) be explained? Bug? Or there's something I don't know about the Enchant skill? :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Oh my god. Yea, the Enchant thing must be bugged. When I enchant my firesorc's wiz the damage goes from ~400 to ~2k. Crazy.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
So is your build doing ok in hell djnat? If you could change some stuff, what would you change? (I wanna make one, but I don't want it to suck) :D

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
I've not tested a *real* gameplay in all Hell zones... only in some places (in all acts, however). But I think that, with a right / godly equipment, this sorc can sound quite good.

However, to make her a strong sorc, you have to max Warmth, Enchant and Fire Mastery, and not only Enchant. Remaining points have to be given to Shiver armor - Thunderstorm (better if maxed) - Lightning mastery. Not Energy shield (you will not rely on great amounts of mana to absorb damage). One point, obviously, goes always to Static, Teleport and Telekinesis.

With that staff, you can take hell zombies down in 1 / 2 hits. The only drawback of this build is that this sorc is extremely weak (in terms of life and speed) and you have to equip her in a godly way to make her really effective (an Eth BOTD archon staff isn't so simple to find & make).

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, amen to that. Chars just don't have enough skill points..... :(

EDIT: 400th post :p

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Actually, I have her using a BOTD Zerker Axe and an "ral" SS.
Some of you should read more than the topic :p She has a shield now. And I switched the ral for a pruby as suggested (I've forgotten about gems except for topazes and skulls :p)

I know the sorc needs charms, I just didnt list any. Anhillius plus AR and FRW/VITA.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
You HAVE an anhillius or you need one?

Res/life charms would be better than r/w charms.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Dead_Peasent: It is called a variant. If you have nothing nice to say, don't type it- Ok?

Good, now that is cleared up, I just need to find a Vex rune and I'll start my BotD archon Staff. (Although, mine isn't eth, nor with those +skills :( )

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Yeah, My staff was a best case scenario. being perfect and etheral, it did about 700 damage (damage shown on the weapon). Then add str, enchant, and everything else, and you do quite a bit.

dam... thts gonna be hard... who would make a melee sorc? waste of time
It's people like you that make the game uninteresting. Its not a waste of time.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
bump, heres your thread EEX, mucho thx to c0rt :)

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
OMFG HE FOUND IT!

Behold the melee sorceress :D

Edit:

btw I never told you guys not to call me EEX, but fyi you've acctually been refering to me by my clan tag since I joined BF :rofl2 my sn is acctually ca_aok :p

btw note the quote in my sig: it's from my clan forums lolol :morph