Melee Sorc

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
This is just a preliminary thing, I'm still working on good items... I have horrible resists in hell :p

Stats:
Str: around 200
Dex: enough to use any dex required items you choose, otherwise, base.
Vit: Rest
Eng: base.

Skills:
MAX Shiver Armor
MAX Enchant
MAX Eng Shield
MAX TS
1 Warmth
1 in Each mastery
1 in teleport
1 in all synergies for the other skills
1 per pre-req

Anything else, your choice.

Equip:
Subject to change

Skin of vipermagi
Andariel's Visage
Mara's Kaliedescope
2 BK rings
Arachnid Sash
War Travs
Souldrains
BOTD Archon Staff with +3 to shiver armor, enchant, and TS

Xi0de

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.mindspring.com
Theoretically, that sounds like it would own. I'm not able to confrim that though, as I have never made a melee sorc :(

You might want some items with high res, enhanced defence, and dr. Hell monsters do a lot of damage. Also, you might want armor with higher def.

-Xiode

BG-Dsb

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just out of curiosity.... is AR affected by your actual character class?? because i was playing HC with my mate a while ago and i was playing pally and he was using necro. Whenever I would attack, i would mostly hit (with normal attack), but when my mate attacked, he would miss most of the time

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Nah, it's affected by your "attack rating". Attack rating is boosted by dex, but You can always get +to attackrating items and screw dexterity :p

Xi0de

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.mindspring.com
Not a clue BG-Dsb, but I've noticed the same thing. I'm too lazy to experiment to see if it does.

EEX, what are the mods on that armor? Like I said, you're gonna need high res and dr, and HIGH def will help.

BG-Dsb

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya!!! DMG CHECK!!!!

lol

PS: hehe is this forums or chat site?? there has been about 4 post on this thread in the last 20 mins

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
hm... your probably gonna want to max fire mastery for more damage, and stack warmth alot for even more damage.

maxing energy shield doesn't seem like a good idea either, probably those skills between energy shield and telekinesis for better aborbing. and stacking warmth will help this also. get hit, less mana, mana regens fast, full mana, get hit, etc.

and c9 is right, max blocking is needed for meleeing.

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by life_source
maxing energy shield doesn't seem like a good idea
Good advice.

But the real question is:

Do mastries still multiply elemental damage that you have on your attack from charms?

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
You might wanna look into max block.
Youll need a lot of dex to have max block with no shield, since staves are 2 handed weapons. I also updated the armor to superior archon plate with that 65 res runeword, and the belt is now SOE. Also, I have 2 crafted rings, 1 with 9 ll, the other with dual leech, both with resists.

And note that enchant is a party friendly skill... You can cast it on minions, hirelings, and other players, as well as yourself.

DrKronic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.afterlife.ws
ya heh try this lol havent gotten the chance to yet but for a melee sorc there is a wpn the changes u to a wearbear + some attack might wanna use it lol i think it would own on a sorc lol..

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
What's your damage with the archon? Can you post a screen of it? I'm dying to see it...

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EEX_ca_aok
Youll need a lot of dex to have max block with no shield
whops... kinda forgot that, sorry. but a weapons switch never hurt anybody. sword and shield? some of those new runeswords are insane.

and why 1 in cold mastery? does cold mastery increase shiver armors damage output?

also, what merc are you going to use?