Marine "Riot Shield" Hit or Miss

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not a fan of the shield+bayonets. I'm just not a fan of the graphics engine. Everything too shiny. And the story kind of scares me a bit...reminds me TOO much of Gear of War.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Not the entire story. I knew my prejudges we get the best of me. But the marine in our story has a lot of similarities to the marine in GoW.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Not the entire story. I knew my prejudges we get the best of me. But the marine in our story has a lot of similarities to the marine in GoW.
Considering they haven't released anything new about the Marines, They are the same they ahve always been. Reprogrammed prisoners in Mobile Powered exoskeleton suits based on conceptual designs of Robert Heinlen's Starship troopers. Besides a possible riot shield and beyonet, not much has changed, and I fail to see the connection between GOW, besides the small fact GoW marines are sometimes prisoners, but something SCMarines have been since the original SC. Pretty much all Terrans in the sector are the descendents of prisoners.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, every man, woman, and child in the Koprulu sector (excepting of course the UED that appeared in BW) is descended from the great prison ships that were expelled from the Earth. Everyone's either a convict or related to a convict by direct bloodlink. On top of that, most Marines are convicts in their own society in the Koprulu sector as well, lol.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
How effective would that shield be against a crackling?

How effective could a beyonet be?

VanillaGorilla

Troubleshooter. Shoot that trouble!
Reaction score
The shield is total reminiscence of Counter-Strike and the bayonet and melee combat is reminding me of Warhammer 40k. Next there going to be stealing ideas from the Red Alert series. And they shouldn't even touch that.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
see, I don't know if the Bayonets are anything more than something attached for visible enhancement. I doubt they will make a Marine fire till they get close than start stabbing. Just seems like a waste to me, and I don't think they will follow the 40k games.

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hm.
The new marines are hard to say.
Although, i dont like the bayonet. How much good is a knife going to do agenst a Prottos shield?

Its too "today" for me. I think space marines would be sporting something less low-tech.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The question one could ask is if the Marine has a shield, one would assume this shield is able to defelct some attacks, otherwise equiping an entire army with one would make no sense at all. If this new layer of armor is good enough to be attached to the army, why not just make the marine's battle armor stronger with this shield in the first place?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
it makes SCUMS look better imo
is there a video of the things being used or just screens at the moment?

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
We dont know though.
The shield could maybe give the marines added armor when on the move.
Not just added armor over all.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I think it'd be interesting if the "bayonet" was more of a "harpoon" like on the Kalina Ann.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The question one could ask is if the Marine has a shield, one would assume this shield is able to defelct some attacks, otherwise equiping an entire army with one would make no sense at all. If this new layer of armor is good enough to be attached to the army, why not just make the marine's battle armor stronger with this shield in the first place?
Well i could go with Gundam Seed and say that the shield has an "Anti-Beam Coating" to make them resistant to beam/laser weaponry but then it raises the question why not lace the armor with it too.