Marine "Riot Shield" Hit or Miss

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Hu's 1st unit is footman and they have shields, now a Terran Marine with a shield, a lot like war3 in the future. Ofc I care about the unit balances not if it is simialr to war3 (besides I don't mind war3 features) and this shield if it is upg like the hu 'defend' can be nice to counter the imba zealots with their shields.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The shields and bayonets are purely cosmetic, imo. They look like ass though.

Regular marines please.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I think the only thing a shield would be good for is to balance a little bit against ground meleers, like Lings and Zeals. If all the shield did was add 1 to the armor rating vs ground melee, it would help Marines stay alive just a little bit longer against those damn lings and shit...because frankly Marines were almost useless once the Zeals or Lings got up in their faces.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Not really, just if they are outnumbered.
Marines rape Zealots if there are more marines.
and if there are more Zealots they rape marines. At what point does that statement really make sense in terms of strategy.

Zealots have that gay charge ability, Lings can turn into suicide bombs, Marines needs something cool, and so far the shield looks like ass.

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
If there is more of anything, the favored one is going to win.
Zealots should do better than Marines. They cost twice as much.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
No they're not. They're using 9inch long metal spikes propelled using electromagnets to hyperaccelerate them. Lol. It's called an "Impaler" Gauss Rifle.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
the spikes were specifically designed to break through marine armor in terran combat versus terrans. Guess they were good enough to break Zerg and protoss sheilds too.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'd assume lol. If they go through Neosteel armor, I'd guess they'd penetrate organic carapace and wear down Protoss shields like anything else.

VanillaGorilla

Troubleshooter. Shoot that trouble!
Reaction score
Why not just make the marines freaking invincible to all attacks and make every other unit from the Terran obsolete. And we can then upgrade the Marine's so that there armor can't be pierced by anything at all, and then there gun warps into a massive death cannon that has a one shot kill on anything. Let's just do that.

On a side note, the shield looks gay.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Why not just make the marines freaking invincible to all attacks and make every other unit from the Terran obsolete. And we can then upgrade the Marine's so that there armor can't be pierced by anything at all, and then there gun warps into a massive death cannon that has a one shot kill on anything. Let's just do that.

It is a game.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

we cant have plot armor silly

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
only to be slaughtered in a few minutes. for those that are lucky they get a piece of metal over their heads or a energy shield. maybe a few gets a medic which magically heals you with lights whoalso has a shield :O

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
with what? grenade launcher?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
if you look at the art thing for medic you see they have knives already :O