Map-From-Replay Ripper

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I found a utility that is capable of ripping a map from a replay file. However, I forgot to bookmark the download page and Google is obstinately failing to yield results, largely due to my not remembering what the program was called. Does anyone know where I can find this thing?

L

Laharl

That sounds like an interestinf file, were the resulting files protected or not? Also, how reliable was it?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
If anyone finds a link I will hug them.

Have you gone through your History thoroughly? Do you remember what kind of layout the website had?

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
I found it! Go me!

After much history browsing, I located it on some obscure russian website with bizzare, language barrier-erecting english translations, such as this one description of an APM trainer which advised me that "this proga does not make it possible to make the heap of foolish cries."

Anyway, the program worked without a hitch, producing an uprotected melee map in all it's glory. Not sure if it works on any UMS replays, though. For anyone else who wants it, here's the link: http://starcraft2.ru/content/files_real_down.php?fid=397

L

Laharl

Sounds good, I'll test it on protected UMS maps' replays when I get home.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I love you. I'm curious as to whether a replay holds the entire map file or if it omits unecessary information such as the ISOM section. I'll get back to you guys as to how editable an extracted map is.