~~Map Brief Contest~~

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
It's the time everybody has been waiting for.
[blur]Map Brief Contest[/blur]

Here are the rules:
  • Submissions can start right now
  • Submissions end on 12/30/03 EST(December 30, 2003[Due to the Downtime BF went through])
  • There must not be any Scenario triggers in the map. Only Mission Breifing Triggers.(If it does have a trigger, the map can be disqualified or be deducted of points)
  • Use any SC Editors unless specified
  • Don't protect your maps(If you don't feel safe posting your map here, PM me and we'll work something out)
  • Winner(s) shall be announced on the 31th
  • The prize, eh, I'll try to work something out with the Admins if possible
  • Anyone can submit a map(yes that includes moderators)
  • Not an official rule but just a reminder - Don't submit a map and then later on you fix something or add something and you resubmit your map. If you want to do that, just use the same post you posted your map and reupload the attachment. And make sure you reedit your post saying you reuploaded a new map so I can rejudge it. Try not to do this often. Like a regular map, test it for bugs before releasing it.
More could be added later...

(Since I've been a little rough on the rules, I'll let this thread not be moderated much, but still, you know what spam is)

As for judges, hmmmm, how should we do this? Any suggestions?

Map Rating:
Color
Variety
Time
Creativity
Usage(like potraits, waits, etc[this is probably why I need the map unprotected])
??SOUND??

Check this post often as I will update and edit this post often

Map Briefs don't have to be related to anything. It could just be dots and lines moving across the screen. Be CREATIVE!
Let the Contest Start...

Example:
This map is just an example of what a fully qualified map brief could be. No scenario triggers, just briefing triggers.

[shadow=blue]Master Virus[/shadow]

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Alright! I'm working on mine right now. It should be done soon. It's gonna be awesome!!! W00t![/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
so its just the brifing and only tjta right?

Zz.cOoL.zZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok how do we like i mean what do we do the brief on like can i make the title of the game lets say it was a bound (whatever floats your boat) then i name it fireball bound then can i like create it off of that???¿¿¿

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Originally posted by Zz.cOoL.zZ
ok how do we like i mean what do we do the brief on like can i make the title of the game lets say it was a bound (whatever floats your boat) then i name it fireball bound then can i like create it off of that???¿¿¿
Got this out of the First Post
Map Briefs don't have to be related to anything. It could just be dots and lines moving across the screen. Be CREATIVE!
Let the Contest Start...

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Count me out! LoL, sorry, I suck at making Mission Briefings..

ShaftedTwice

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Aww, but that's why you try, the more you try the better you get.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Sorry I will not be able to make it to the contest... because I am as of now working on a gladiator map... god I hope I finish it before christmas...

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Man if making a breif meant using animation shop... I would be able to do this easily :D

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Good job Moof. Trying will at least get you somewhere.:)[/COLOR]

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Today I actually got the spare time to work on my briefings map. But if I'm the only one working on this, i'll just call this thread quites...

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]I'm working on it, a lot too. Don't cancel the thread, there's a couple of brave souls out there.:)[/COLOR]

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
If your map has exceeded the 200kb limit on posting a Map, simply just email me the map and I'll upload the map onto my site and then link it to BF.