Make me a ****ing mod.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Right. Were you even here "before"? This is an honest question, because honestly, I don't know who you are..

Secondly, in response to your comment: there are many possible ways to 'fix' bf,' but the first thing you need to do is be active yourself. It seems like you pop on occasionally, browse the forums, and leave. Activity on your end seems almost non-existent. Hell, the header still says "your ad here". So yeah.. while it's nice to have a staff that does everything for you, when the forum is dead like this..it isn't going to happen. Rather than being a follower, you need to be a leader. Gather some inspiration; gather some motivation, and do something. It really isn't that hard. Either that, or continue this way, and foot the bill for something that has almost no activity. Seems like a waste of cash, but whatever.

Just my amazingly awesome two cents.

Oh, and I'll send you a PM, but whether it will do any good or not, is another story.

I installed a registration anti-spam mod on the 30th Jan 2011 and since then it has rejected over 1500 registrations of known spam ip address & emails so hopefully that'll go along way to cutting down the spammy gits. :heart:
That's funny, because this is the spammiest I've EVER seen battleforums, in all the years I've been here, and we've never had an anti spam mod. That says one thing: BF is dead, and the only visitors are desperate spambots. That isn't good, by the way.

DirtyDog

Reaction score
You think an active forum doesn't get spammed? Grow up. Spam automation has come a long way since you joined here!

If you want to help then that's great and lets do it, if not then I'm sure someone will find you helpful somewhere else.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
You think an active forum doesn't get spammed? Grow up. Spam automation has come a long way since you joined here!

If you want to help then that's great and lets do it, if not then I'm sure someone will find you helpful somewhere else.
There's no argument here. I was an admin here for over 4 years, a mod for even longer. This is the spammiest it's ever been, even without an anti spam modification. I'm just stating the facts..

--edit, I have no time to help elsewhere, and no interest; I'm far too busy. I normally work on my own projects.. which involve writing and photography. Anyway..of course I want to help -- but the only reason for that, is that I'm still (which is pathetic) emotionally attached to this forum. I've seen it go through numerous stages of existence, and yes, while I've bailed from time to time, I hate to see it die. So obviously I want to help. I think I've made that clear with the numerous PM's I've sent you in the past, in which you've completely ignored...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
My god, Joe, how I've missed you.

Anyone remember BFNet? The forum we created to compete with BF back when it was screwed to the point of almost no redemption thanks to ChrisUK? You know, the one that boomed to a pretty respectable status in a matter of weeks only for us to giggle, tear it down, and e-hump BF once again and give it another shot that lasted another 5 years? Do we need to do that again?

While I don't think it would be helpful in the slightest (especially considering the majority of us old loyal members stay for the community, not for the blizz games), after watching this place slip further and further into obscurity, I'm almost wishing there were a general forum that us ol' timers could go to and actually post like old times. This place just isn't it anymore. I've tried a hundred times over in the past 6 months to come here and feel that spark I used to feel everytime I log in, and it's just not there. We don't have the staff, nor the members that we used to to make this community just so addicting. I STILL to this day boast and brag about being a previous administrator / global moderator for this community, but I'm almost ashamed anymore to release the URL because of what it has become.

If anyone is interested in orchestrating a revival with me (I'm not insinuating opening up a new forum like we did with BFNet, it was merely a joke), feel free to PM me and I'll try and either set up a meeting via AIM or I'll personally host an online chat just so we can get together, bull**** like old times, and discuss a serious plan and proposition of which DirtyDog simply cannot refuse.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, sir. I am very serious about helping battleforums, so I would like to take part in this meeting. The real question is however, if anyone else is interested.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
On another note, these spam bot posts *that are all over* really aren't helping. If a guest visits, and sees very little activity aside from the usual vagisil advertisement, they aren't going to join and post. So yeah..make me a mod plox.

DirtyDog

Reaction score
RoaCh - PM sent. JD - count me in. Am between UK & France at the moment so anything reasonable in those time zones would be preferable! :heart:

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You're too black. Sorry Tedhat.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Are you ever gonna get off my cock? Seriously...
they see me trollin, they hatin

@jd and roach u both split on this place when you were in the position of power, I guess now that **** aint cool anymore now you're on the catcher's end of that pitch :out:
no hard feelings but you no saint

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never split. I went through some personal issues that forced me to leave. Anyway..never said I was a saint.

Hold the S because I am an AINT. Lawl <3 Manson.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
When I split I had already mentioned several times that I couldn't stay. When I split, I was homeless. Anything else smart to say in your failed attempts to discredit me? Last I checked, we are supposed to be on the same side.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
When I split I had already mentioned several times that I couldn't stay. When I split, I was homeless. Anything else smart to say in your failed attempts to discredit me? Last I checked, we are supposed to be on the same side.
nothin hard jd, that we coo was @ u 2. Everyones just up on the dd bashin bandwagon; lets say he comes up with a really really good life story like you and roach as to why he hasn't been around, can we all forgive him?
you pickin up what i'm layin down? battleforums too hot we all dropped her once or twice

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Gimmi, have you turned gangsta on us?

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
*****s just expressin' his inner hoodrat cuz y'all crackas soundin' too serious up in this bitch, kna'mean?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Your reading comprehension is obviously that of a 12 year old with downs. I don't recall doing any public 'bashing' of DirtyDog, if anything I recall saying that he might be what this community needs. If anything, I'll bash him for allowing a troll such as you to moderate in his forums.