Looking into Modding...

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
...Latly I've been looking into Modding for SC. Been over to StarCraft.org and had a look through the programs, downloaded a few, but have no clue what I'm doing, lol. :goofy

I've downloaded Arsenal III, MPQ Compactor, MPQDraft 1.01, and WinMPQ 1.62 from this page, I just have no clue what to do in them, I get the idea of changing things in AIII, but the rest escape me. ><

I anyone can help, please help, thanks.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
I've been writing a guide to basic modding but I haven't completed it, so use this.
will u be going into changing the unit models?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Yeah. I'm including basic graphical changes and iscripting, but I won't do wireframes as I haven't the tools to edit those correctly (you have to load a specific palette with photoshop, which I don't have).

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Well, I got my answers over at Starcraft.org, so no need to reply with anything here.

Working on a few mods right now, will let you know what I create.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
eh one question can u make a muta into a close combat unit doing ground dmg? and also like marine? and like f bat to range?

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Wing Zero said:
eh one question can u make a muta into a close combat unit doing ground dmg? and also like marine? and like f bat to range?
More then likely, I don't really know for sure, as I've just started. I do know you can give units different weapons, I gave the Marine the Yamato as a main weapon!

I'll look into it more, see what I can do.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yea thansk try and go see if it can im planing to make a lotr mod :)

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Wing Zero said:
yea thansk try and go see if it can im planing to make a lotr mod :)
Cool, sounds like fun!

Oh, It can be done, but right now, I have no clue how to do it. I have asked over at WarBoards, here's the thread. From what I understood of all the babble, you would have to use AIII to change the unit info(which I did and it worked, save for the flames not showing up, explained in a bit) and then use ICE or IceCC (which I have NO clue how to work at this time) to change the script so the flames show up.

I would ask the folk over at WB for more details about it. They seem to know their stuff.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
what are u planing to do?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
You can make the Mutalisk into a ground combat unit.

I made a mod where a Zealot shot knives (modified missile sprite) at far away unit, and attacked closer units with a sword strike. It floated around and had the blue High Templar trail.

My guide will explain how to use ICE. Anyone who begins to understand ICE can easily progress to IceCC as it has a very good instruction manual .pdf file with it.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
You can make the Mutalisk into a ground combat unit.

I made a mod where a Zealot shot knives (modified missile sprite) at far away unit, and attacked closer units with a sword strike. It floated around and had the blue High Templar trail.

My guide will explain how to use ICE. Anyone who begins to understand ICE can easily progress to IceCC as it has a very good instruction manual .pdf file with it.
Sounds like a sweet mod.

I know how to use ICE and IceCC(a little bit), still learning what everything does. A3 and DatEdit are the easy ones, its just like editing stats for a map, well, close enough anyway, and it has alot more things you can do to it as well.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
hrmm i think this place need s moddeds to start this section back up