Lightning..

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
yeah im pretty new to photoshop i can make some pretty groovy things, but this has baffled me and my friend Adam, how do you make lightning?!?!?! ive tried the corny power rangers kind of lightning and it just looks dumb, so how do i do it like a bolt, surrounded in clouds and light and stuffs..........thanks, and help woul dbe appreciated................sorry if its in the wrong forum....

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
Corny power rangers kind of lightning???

Well whats that?

Theres a very simple technique people use...

1) Create a black-->white gradient from one corner to the other
2) Filter>Render>Difference Clouds
3) Ctrl+I To Invert the Image
4) Image>Adjustments>Levels, and pull the little slider to the right...

Pull the above slider to the right

5) You should have ended up with a nice, fairly realistic lightning. Now all you need to do is select the lightning with the magic wand tool and then feather it/set it in screen mode to blend with another picture...or just leave it there, but thatd look very newbish...

If that is what you mean, cool...if not, elaborate :lucifer

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
PR lightning is basically the basic jagged lightning bolt..and this is what i wanted........sorta.......i got it all done out and everything and it looks pretty groovy, except that i cant reall ymake it highlighted, like i said im a newb to this, i know what fethering is buti havent done lightning before, could someone please tell me how i would make the bolt stand out, like it was against the clouds like a actaul bolt?

EDIT: an example of what id like is like in ELVEN SLAYERS thread about a sigtar, the first actual sigtar post with just his name and a lightning bolt, THATS like wha ti want.....thanks.......

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Man Vicious, I used that lightningm, good job, that works very well

-Frank :cool:

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
you mean lightning like this?

u did it the way the first guy said