Latency issues

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Alright, so basically I'm having the problem it says in the sticky, but once I get to the place where I should allow access, I get stuck. It doesn't have either of the options ("Applications & Gaming" or "Port Forwarding") and I don't know where to go or what to set now. I've taken some pictures and hopefully someone can help me.

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17784322fw0.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37172793up7.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26228023jk4.jpg

Please help if you can, it's incredibly irritating not even being able to do shit on Starcraft. (I never had this problem with D2, my computer is fine and I have dsl so it shouldn't be lagging like this, my only explanation is a firewall.)

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow, its Drax. LONG freaking time no see or hear.

Dude, I don't know. My friend has fast as shit connection and can join, enter, exit games and the lobby fine. But whenever he plays a game its laggy to all hell.
You could try Admin settings and firewall shit. =\

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah my game is really laggy too =/ Sorry I can't say I remember you, although I'm surprised someone remembers me haha. I kind of quit coming around the time the points things were added I think.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
have u went through every option in that router thing?

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Not quite, I went to the ones I thought would be more obvious, but then I had to go to Tae Kwon Do. I didn't see any that looked like the one in the sticky, though. Maybe if I find something similar I'll post it. I'll look around more after I eat.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
just Google "di-524 port forwarding"

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I got my sister to look at it and now the ports are open but I still am having the same issues: No one can join my games due to latency, most games I try and join are high latency, map downloads won't start, I lag any game I'm in (unless I'm by myself). I read somewhere yesterday that b.net doesn't work well with routers or something, but there was no real fix, unless your router provider people have an upgrade specifically for it..or something like that. Well I can still make the map I wanted to but it'll be hard to spread it.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Get a Dynex router. I don't seem to have any problems joining or hosting games through it.

My cable is awesome, I haven't lagged once since I got the thing. In fact, most of my games are super fast now that Comcast took over Adelphia Cable.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You should see if a lot of people are having this problem. Wasn't this a patch issue once? Because I believe my friend had a problem like this and was never able to resolve it until a new patch came out.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Some older routers have problems like this. Glad you got it fixed though.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Er, it's still not fixed. :(