Island free for all

I

Idiotus

How do you play on an island game a free for all with many players?
I have focused on mineral drop, i put out of the game 2 players, but one of them came with 24 BC's and erased me. How can you fight 24 BC's without BC's?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Please create a new thread next time you want to ask something.

Well, you should have made wraiths and valkyries, cloacking the wraiths and either destroying the science vessels he had or retreating when a scan is made (when your wraiths are being atacked).

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
In FFAs with 4+ players, one of the main tactics is to attempt to stay neutral and try to build up a large dominant force. I have found that either the player in question makes a large amount of defense, or just skips the defense and begins making BattleCruisers and the like. If he has defense and you won't be able to make a good offensive attack, just keep scanning his base to make sure his ships aren't taking off anywhere. Once he leaves his base, BattleCruisers should be easy to pick off using TrongaMonga's Wraith and Valkyrie technique. Playing cautiously can be the difference between winning and losing in large scale FFAs because if you run out of units defeating one player, the rule of thumb is that will be the exact time you will be attack by another.

Domino effect in a way..

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryan
TrongaMonga's Wraith and Valkyrie technique.
That just sound like some Hai-Ki-Doh sensei uber tactic :D

But I still remember that FFA we made. I could post it here, so you can see what to do if you are being atacked by capital ships.

Goliath[SGL]

Reaction score
Website
www.battlefourms.com
Another way to get rid of lots of Battle Cruisers, is get alot of Ghosts, lock down any detectors you can find, then launch a nuclear strike were the Battle Cruisers are, AS SOON AS THEY START TO RETREAT, lock down like a son of a biatch, once you've done that, you shall be watching with a smile on your face :D, as your enimie has a gun at his head:(, as a nice little surprise falls outta the sky... And this isn't it :butterfly
THATS HOW I GET RID OF BATTLE CRUISERS/CARRIERS
:shoot
Please Note: I'm VERY good at targeting units without targeting the same unit twice, thats why it works so good for me.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Money maps?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Goliath's tactic would only 'work' in a money map...